• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
We should meet at the MasterCard Centre at the end of this month since it'll be empty because doughnut boy cancelled his hockey camp.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
We should meet at the MasterCard Centre at the end of this month since it'll be empty because doughnut boy cancelled his hockey camp.

A meetup I can finally go to! (Walking distance for me... I'm as lazy as Phil kessel is perceived)

Humidex

Huh, legitimately did not expect this sort of announcement from the TTC

I wonder how they'll try to counter attack the inevitable and potential fraud attempts though. I wonder if they'll have some fancy NFC scanner that just checks the ticket.

Bring Apple Pay to Canada, that'll be good enough.

krae_man

How does the 24th or 31st look for everybody meetup wise?

This Mystery box isn't going to giveaway itself.

Got everything up and running for the tournament too!

OknCM8k.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Saw some World of Nintendo figures at 401 Games.. $29.99 each when MSRP is literally half that. Laughed and walked on. I figured they cleaned out some Toys R Us, which is the only other store besides Target I've seen them in up here. Popped info Silver Snail though and bam, there they are for $14.99.

tl;dr: Lol, fuck 401 Games prices.

24th is better for me for the meetup.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Also, there's a new game store right off Yonge on Irwin Ave (south of Game Centre) called Xtreme Games InteractiveThey have a bunch of retro titles, consoles, figures, comics. I'm pretty sure I've been to their Dundas location as well. It's a fairly small shop, but more organized than old A&C, or Gamerama. I can't say I was super impressed by the prices, but they were no worse than any other place in the city. Retro collecting makes my head hurt when I look at prices now anyway. :(

I think new A&C and Game Mania (Keele & Bloor) remain my favourite locations in the city. Basically, I need my video game shops to offer more than games these days to keep me remotely interested, because most can't keep up price wise. Once Game Centre moved away from most of their retro stuff, I was less than impressed and now even their prices for used games (especially 3DS and DS) are so unimpressive compared to where they were even 5 years ago.

As a side note, I continue to believe that Sansotei on Yonge always seems much better than the one on Dundas. The broth, the quality of meat, the portions. Yonge St location is my go to ramen place, although mostly because Kinton service is utterly terrible. It's also a much more calm atmosphere at Sansotei.

ahdurian

Also, there's a new game store right off Yonge on Irwin Ave (south of Game Centre) called Xtreme Games InteractiveThey have a bunch of retro titles, consoles, figures, comics. I'm pretty sure I've been to their Dundas location as well. It's a fairly small shop, but more organized than old A&C, or Gamerama. I can't say I was super impressed by the prices, but they were no worse than any other place in the city. Retro collecting makes my head hurt when I look at prices now anyway. :(

I think new A&C and Game Mania (Keele & Bloor) remain my favourite locations in the city. Basically, I need my video game shops to offer more than games these days to keep me remotely interested, because most can't keep up price wise. Once Game Centre moved away from most of their retro stuff, I was less than impressed and now even their prices for used games (especially 3DS and DS) are so unimpressive compared to where they were even 5 years ago.

I've always liked Ice Man Games myself. Kensington and Queen street locations.
had more friendly/helpful experiences at both, compared to GameMania or GameCentre or Gameshack. Sometimes even more than A&C, depending who is working that day

ahdurian

also, any of you dudes know a good place for jerk chicken/Caribbean food?
been really jonesing for some jerk chicken, but one of the places I like only serves it on Thurday (Marcello's @ King/University; food court style place with different food every day)

already been to Ritz, and while it's cheap, takes me double time to get there during my lunch break

Blackhead

Redarse
^^^^
You're only looking for suggestions downtown, right? During lunch hour? Or would you make the trip to Eglington?

Also how spicy do your jerk? Some of the good hot stuff will be the death of me...

ahdurian

^^^^
You're only looking for suggestions downtown, right? During lunch hour? Or would you make the trip to Eglington?

Also how spicy do your jerk? Some of the good hot stuff will be the death of me...

preferrably downtown
and spicinesss doesn't matter for me
i love spicy food

Stet

Banned
also, any of you dudes know a good place for jerk chicken/Caribbean food?
been really jonesing for some jerk chicken, but one of the places I like only serves it on Thurday (Marcello's @ King/University; food court style place with different food every day)

already been to Ritz, and while it's cheap, takes me double time to get there during my lunch break

Ackee Tree RIP :(

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Just got back from Munich.

Hands down, the best transportation system I have ever experienced.

You pay for one ticket and you can ride freely all day on any of the transit lines, be it bus, LRT, subway or train.

What the fuck

And they're German, so all their stuff is always on time

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The rain actually made the walk home from the grocery store more tolerable. The humidity before hand was horrific. #TeamNoUmbrellas

Azih

It's also why he will never have less than 20% support. He's literally the only one who speaks for that demographic.

Windam

Scaley member
Just got back from Munich.

Hands down, the best transportation system I have ever experienced.

You pay for one ticket and you can ride freely all day on any of the transit lines, be it bus, LRT, subway or train.

What the fuck

And they're German, so all their stuff is always on time

what are you some kind of commie nazi

Top Bottom