• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Roto13

The dead raccoon looks much more bloated in later photos than earlier ones. It's creepy.

I've had rude taxi drivers before but they're usually either friendly or just kind of nothing (which is completely fine with me)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I wouldn't say I've had bad service, but I've had plenty of the "Oh the credit card machine isn't working" bullshit. Fuck that noise

Also, I've never felt like I was going to die quite as much as when I was in a taxi in Montreal. I didn't need to get to the train station that quickly

zroid

Banned
zbvidYN.png

:lol

Blackhead

Redarse
What's the most 'exotic' (for lack of a better word) cuisine y'all have eaten in Toronto? It doesn't have to be 'good', I just really want to try something new...

The end of my temp ban was signed with a small animal offering.

Was it worth it? I've debating doing the same

Azih

Not exotic to me but people don't seem to be very familiar with Pakistani food. Similar to Indian but there are a few dishes that are unique.

Try to track down Paya, Nihari, or Haleem.

They're all 'curries' but Paya (pronouched Pa-eh)is probably the most 'exotic' as it's made of cow's feet.

Nihari is a spicy beef curry.

Haleem is a thick stew type thing made of lentils, rice, and meat.

Paya and Nihari you eat with bread (preferably naan) and Haleem is thick enough to be eaten with a spoon instead of bread if you wish.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Pan Am Games 2015 |OT| I never asked for this.
Pan Am Games 2015 |OT| The War on Cars
Pan Am Games 2015 |OT| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pan Am Games 2015 |OT| HI, I'M PACHI

en-mascot3-desktop-home-pachi.png

Quick

Banned
Pan Am Games 2015 |OT| HOV Lanes, Trains, and Automobiles

Pan Am Games 2015 |OT| The City's Biggest Event Since the MMVAs.

Pan Am Games 2015 |OT| Buy Your Tickets Today

Magnus

This part of the ceremony is awesome. ASide from easily being the most exciting depiction of Lacrosse ever....that was some sweet music and I really dig the way they're building this around five 'champions'. They had like a Justice League vibe going on with thsoe banners earlier, haha.

But what was that slow-motion video just now during the last bit? lol

Hieberrr

Please tell me you saw the opening ceremony for the Pan Am games. That has to be one of the most epic opening videos I've ever seen (jumping off the CN Tower and all). The music was awesome and the embrace for everything digital was amazing g to see.

zroid

Banned
"Largest multi sport competition ever held in Canada"? What?

Haven't we hosted the Olympics numerous times?

last summer olympics was ages ago. was much smaller back then I think.

plus, the pan am games have a ton of wacky events that aren't in the olympics, lol

explodet

Yeah, but weren't they all Winter Olympics?
Those get smaller rep than the Summer, I think.

I could be wrong though, I'm a big know it all when I'm drunk.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Toronto Pan Am 2015 = 6,135 athletes
Montreal Summer Olympics 1976 = 6,084 athletes
Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010 = 2,566 athletes
Calgary Winter Olympics 1988 = 1,423 athletes

Latest Summer Olympics is in the 10-11K athletes now.

soultron

Banned

Hey man, we don't say the O word around Pachi, OK? He gets hurt really easily. We want him to feel like him and the Pan Am games are something worth giving a shit about.

Can't we just give him this?

- 1 person with chicken pox
- 2 badminton players due to clerical error

HOLD STEADY!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hey man, we don't say the O word around Pachi, OK? He gets hurt really easily. We want him to feel like him and the Pan Am games are something worth giving a shit about.

He's already been fired. We got the dead raccoon now.

ahdurian

- 1 person with chicken pox
- 2 badminton players due to clerical error

HOLD STEADY!

- 1 person who injured his collar bone during BMX practice

jl4855

So I was thinking of getting tickets for Pan Am baseball... turns out all the daypasses are sold out already :'(

Was gonna head out today for the US game via tix on stubhub, ended up grabbing jays tickets for an august game instead lol.

krae_man

EB tweets that their $99 used Vita sale includes slims but doesn't mention that inventory of used slims is practicly non existent. Been to two stores and they never even had any to start with.

Roto13

EB tweets that their $99 used Vita sale includes slims but doesn't mention that inventory of used slims is practicly non existent. Been to two stores and they never even had any to start with.

Their website says that only one of the like 20 stores in my general area has one and I called and it doesn't have a charger with it.

You know, the internet is telling me no one gives a shit about the Pan Am Games and that there will be absolutely no or very few tourists in the city because of it

I went to the Eaton Center with my parents, and, I don't know about you guys, but I saw a lot more tourists being tourists than usual. I came to this result after being asked 5 times where stuff in downtown was.

I also regret not getting Pan Am Baseball tickets. Oh well.

I'm also convinced the majority of people bitching about the Pan Am Games would never set foot anywhere south of Bloor St anyway

Hieberrr

You know, the internet is telling me no one gives a shit about the Pan Am Games and that there will be absolutely no or very few tourists in the city because of it

I went to the Eaton Center with my parents, and, I don't know about you guys, but I saw a lot more tourists being tourists than usual. I came to this result after being asked 5 times where stuff in downtown was.

I also regret not getting Pan Am Baseball tickets. Oh well.

I'm also convinced the majority of people bitching about the Pan Am Games would never set foot anywhere south of Bloor St anyway

Yeah, I saw a lot of tourists these past few days downtown. Everyone there, locals and tourists, seems to embrace the games. The people who bitch about it are the same people who bitch about everything else about this city instead of realizing how much this city has changed for the better in the last 15 years. Go out, enjoy the games, the people, and the vibe.

Top Bottom