• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fuck Rush. The best thing about Rush is that they made I Love You, Man funny because of how absurd it was that two guys actually loved them.

Willectro

Banned
Sometimes, in life, you'll be subjected to things you don't like. It's OK. That, after all, is life sometimes.

Kinda like someone stating they dislike Kanye? I think some people think that if you like / defend Kanye, you therefore have a deeper understanding of contemporary art and culture and get "it".

What's with all the Rush hate in this thread? Geez man they're Canadian legends. OK they're old but fuck.

The 16 year olds have spoken, if you like Rush you are a white suburbanite.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I don't like Kanye or his music, but I also strongly struggle to see why anyone would care about him performing

Completely forgot to check in, but how are those Pan Am games??

Nobody knows, everyone is too busy whining about something or other

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Shouldn't the entire city be aflutter with all the international attention and so forth?
lol

I'm going to assume that they've turned Dundas Square or Nathan Phillips Square into some kind of gathering place for Pan Am stuff at least.

So Olympic bid, yay or nay?

Personally I thought the Olympics did a lot of good for Vancouver and forced the city to rapidly develop needed infrastructure. Not to mention that their world standing as a city really took off after 2010. I'd be for it but I'm surely overlooking a ton of negative consequences.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Personally I thought the Olympics did a lot of good for Vancouver and forced the city to rapidly develop needed infrastructure. Not to mention that their world standing as a city really took off after 2010. I'd be for it but I'm surely overlooking a ton of negative consequences.

That's the only real good side, a lot of infrastructure things should get done with an Olympics but also the costs man, going over budget constantly.

I cry evrytim

That's the only real good side, a lot of infrastructure things should get done with an Olympics but also the costs man, going over budget constantly.

I cry evrytim

Yeah it depends so much on governance and good project management that it's really hard to just give a yes or no answer to without a ton of analysis, pre-planning, and risk management work being done first.

jokkir

Rush is awesome but way too past their prime for this. Kanye sucks and is an idiot.

Get the Barenaked Ladies up there!

We need more Celine Dion and at the very end, Vince Carter comes up and dunks it over her while she sings and fireworks shoot up in the air

Azih

So Olympic bid, yay or nay?

Yay. The infrastructure deficit in the city is crazy and it seems like fancy big ticket events are the only way to get some investment in. Plus we built a bunch of things that can be reused for the Olympics, no? Seems like swimming is taken care of already.

jokkir: You want a petition about why it should have been Andrew Wiggins dunking instead?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yeah that's my feel on it. I think it will hurt us financially, but I also think it's the only way we'll get the infrastructure upgrades and projects that we need. Especially having watched a lot of really embarassing council meetings.

I have basically zero faith that we will get any non-stupid transit upgrades without it

Sober

Yeah that's my feel on it. I think it will hurt us financially, but I also think it's the only way we'll get the infrastructure upgrades and projects that we need. Especially having watched a lot of really embarassing council meetings.

I have basically zero faith that we will get any non-stupid transit upgrades without it
We'll get an Olympic bid and the most we'll do is add a bike lane.

Quick

Banned

I cry evrytim

I thought about this as well. An Olympic bid would get the city to really focus on the importance of infrastructure.

We can only look up to the Best City In The World: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Stet

Banned
I thought about this as well. An Olympic bid would get the city to really focus on the importance of infrastructure.

We can only look up to the Best City In The World: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Where the threesomes flow like wine and the sheets are never unrumpled.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Where the threesomes flow like wine and the sheets are never unrumpled.
LOOOOOOOL
best city in the world in the most admired country in the world, breh
We're the "Centre of the Universe" though :/
nobody really says that here...
You guys are just going to end up summoning him again
Tabris, Tabris, Tabris. He can tell us how the NHL never existed before 2004

Tabris

It was a different league. 2004 onward is NHL 2.0. Nothing before it counts. Canucks drought is only just over a decade old. Maple Leafs have never won a Stanley Cup.

And yes, Vancouver is one of the greatest cities in the world :) Toronto is pretty nice too ;) Take down the Gardiner and we can talk again about Toronto being centre of the universe.

explodet

I hope the weather holds out tomorrow. I'm going to drag my fat ass to one of the nearby beaches and get my vitamin D for the year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Everyone here's the easiest thing to do when Tabris shows up.

Ignore the stupidity he says, when you respond is when he continues with his character.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Its going to be a humidex of 40 degrees

JkDosQ4.gif

Tabris

Everyone here's the easiest thing to do when Tabris shows up.

Ignore the stupidity he says, when you respond is when he continues with his character.

There is no character, just my real opinions.

I have been posting on GAF since 2003, that would be a long time to keep up a character lol

Top Bottom