• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

zroid

Banned
As much as nobody cares about the Pan Ams, it's kind of fun watching Canada actually perform in the summer sports for once. I can suspend disbelief long enough to pretend it matters. :')

As much as nobody cares about the Pan Ams, it's kind of fun watching Canada actually perform in the summer sports for once. I can suspend disbelief long enough to pretend it matters. :')

I hope people don't get super high expectations for the Olympics next Summer....

So its like some weird anime con/festival hybrid that happens on the Science Centre every year? I can't believe I never heard of it until now.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Best thing about these games is that Filmores is giving free lap dances to gold medal winners when they show proof. :lol

medals.jpg

Anony

i went into that 401 card shop yesterday
pretty interesting place, didn't know such a big cards shop existed here, it was big and packed, seems like they have a good business going on there
they have a pretty diverse range of cards and board games
though card shops all died in the 2000s

Sober

pretty interesting place, didn't know such a big cards shop existed here, it was big and packed, seems like they have a good business going on there
401 has been around forever and is pretty great.

But whatever you do, I don't recommend going upstairs, especially now in the summer.

401's been around for quite a long time now. I think the one you went to was actually their new location. They moved sometime early this year or last year I think.

Just don't go upstairs. Don't so it dude. Especially in the summer.

Kraftwerk

Well, I just got the new to the new townhouse.

I'm in the market for a TV, juicer blender and a BBQ.

Where should I look for these ? Need good prices.

Walmart seems to have them cheapest so far compared to best buy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
401's been around for quite a long time now. I think the one you went to was actually their new location. They moved sometime early this year or last year I think.

Just don't go upstairs. Don't so it dude. Especially in the summer.
Oh where did they move? I haven't been in 15 years and just assumed they were still at the Yonge and Gerard location. lol

Quite a few card game stores have died though... I think 401 and HairyT are the only real ones left downtown.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's so hot today that my cousin went to Kid's Town with her kids before going to my uncle's house in Markham. It's here in Scarborough and she lives in Etobicoke.

It's so hot so many mosquitoes are chasing me. But I also got ice cream and everything cold feels 5 times better now.

Oh where did they move? I haven't been in 15 years and just assumed they were still at the Yonge and Gerard location. lol

Quite a few card game stores have died though... I think 401 and HairyT are the only real ones left downtown.

I think they moved just up the street from their old place. They're still on Yonge St.

explodet

So its like some weird anime con/festival hybrid that happens on the Science Centre every year? I can't believe I never heard of it until now.
Atomic Lollipop used to be held in... I think it was Burlington?
This is the first time they've taken over the Science Centre.

Went out and got myself nice and crispy. Maybe it's because I'm by the lake, but I'm just not feeling the humidity. I feel for you other guys though.

Yeah, it's balls outside today. So I decided it'd be smart to go to the TFC match, haha. So much sweat, and it was a tshirt giveaway today so I got a makeshift hat.

zroid

Banned
F THIS HEAT

I was driving home (to Markham) from Mississauga about an hour ago, refused to turn the A/C on in the car because it's 11 o'damn clock. By the time I got off the highway to roll down the windows, I was all sweaty. :(

Well, I just got the new to the new townhouse.

I'm in the market for a TV, juicer blender and a BBQ.

Where should I look for these ? Need good prices.

Walmart seems to have them cheapest so far compared to best buy.

Get a broil king, Weber or napoleon and watch Rona for 15 percent off sales

Almost all other brands are cheaply made and will probably wear out in 2 years

Quick

Banned
F THIS HEAT

I was driving home (to Markham) from Mississauga about an hour ago, refused to turn the A/C on in the car because it's 11 o'damn clock. By the time I got off the highway to roll down the windows, I was all sweaty. :(

You fucked up. Advanced stats can't save you.

Why does the time of day dictate whether or not you turn the AC on?

Checked out the Front St. Food Market thing in front of Union station over the weekend. Just an FYI for people still wanting to try Uncle Tetsu without the long lineup: go to the food market instead. Finally got to try it ($4 for a 1/4 slice) and I thought it was pretty good. Definitely not 2 hour lineup good though. I only had to wait about 5 minutes and I felt satisfied.

I'd totally order it again if there were some sit-down dessert and coffee place I could order it at but no way in hell I'd wait in a 2 hour lineup to bring a big box of cheesecake to eat at home.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The line isn't as long as it used to be. It's about a forty minutes wait now and they're building a cheesecake factory next door to make them faster so it should get better

Checked out the Front St. Food Market thing in front of Union station over the weekend. Just an FYI for people still wanting to try Uncle Tetsu without the long lineup: go to the food market instead. Finally got to try it ($4 for a 1/4 slice) and I thought it was pretty good. Definitely not 2 hour lineup good though. I only had to wait about 5 minutes and I felt satisfied.

I'd totally order it again if there were some sit-down dessert and coffee place I could order it at but no way in hell I'd wait in a 2 hour lineup to bring a big box of cheesecake to eat at home.

Surely you jest?

soultron

Banned
The line isn't as long as it used to be. It's about a forty minutes wait now and they're building a cheesecake factory next door to make them faster so it should get better
Seems a bit shortsighted, no?

Once the novelty of Uncle Tetsu's wears off, they'll be stuck with (means of) supply outrunning lowering demand.

Top Bottom