• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

diaspora

Norm should respond saying "Just kidding. Like the rest of Toronto, I don't give a shit if you visit".

qzxmEFn.gif

Willectro

Banned
lol who gives a fuck? That's like thinking freestyle battle raps are still off-the-top.

Ether.

Lol, your opinions on music are shocking to me. Kanye is good, and who gives a fuck if artists actually write the music they claim to write. Meek ain't wrong about Drake. These days popular automatically means talented and objectively competent at their genre, apparently.

Either way, @norm continues to be a solid follow on twitter.

soultron

Banned
Lol, your opinions on music are shocking to me. Kanye is good, and who gives a fuck if artists actually write the music they claim to write. Meek ain't wrong about Drake. These days popular automatically means talented and objectively competent at their genre, apparently.

Either way, @norm continues to be a solid follow on twitter.
I never said Mills was wrong, I'm just laughing that he seems to think he's blowing things wide open with that statement. Nobody cares anyway - people care about what's catchy - not about perceived authenticity with respect to one writing their own lyrics.

But serious who is Meek Mills. My only exposure to Top 40 is via my GF. She loves trash like modern day Kanye and Drake.

Willectro

Banned
I never said Mills was wrong, I'm just laughing that he seems to think he's blowing things wide open with that statement. Nobody cares anyway - people care about what's catchy - not about perceived authenticity with respect to one writing their own lyrics.

But serious who is Meek Mills. My only exposure to Top 40 is via my GF. She loves trash like modern day Kanye and Drake.

I guess it's good PR for him, seeing as he's on a tour that Nicki Minaj is headlining.

And you've likely heard him on other artist's tracks without realizing it.

Hey remember that time that the TO GAF thread was instantly thrown into OT Community whereas other local city threads still sit in OT?!

Other, lesser city threads don't have Roto13 - the future Mayor of Toronto.

diaspora

But serious who is Meek Mills. My only exposure to Top 40 is
via my GF. She loves trash like modern day Kanye and Drake.

I don't know if you would've heard of him even if you listened to top 40 :p

Incidentally:

r3VKNif.jpg

Biff

So, with the double cohort in effect for Canadian telecoms, Rogers is actually, legitimately, not budging on contract pricing. So my plans to get a HUP Galaxy S6 is out the window, as I'm not giving up my current contract.

With that said, does anyone know of a good place to buy used phones? Currently looking at the standard places (RFD, eBay, etc.) for a used Galaxy S5, but if possible I'd much rather buy from a store.

Downtown preferable. I live walking distance from Chinatown if that helps.

Worst case scenario I'll just meet some dude off RFD. Or perhaps a friendly TorontoGAFfer is looking at selling their (black, Rogers locked or unlocked) GS5? :3

Blackhead

Redarse
With that said, does anyone know of a good place to buy used phones? Currently looking at the standard places (RFD, eBay, etc.) for a used Galaxy S5, but if possible I'd much rather buy from a store.

Search on kijiji for ads saying 'buy with confidence' for electronics store refurbish phones. Or check swappa.com

I caught a cold. Second summer in a row :( sickness sucks

Willectro

Banned
I love all the Olympic talk, as if we bid it's therefore a guarantee.

If the Olympics are approved, Scarborough subway extension moves forward, and NDP win the federal election, I think I'm going to move to a different country.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Halp TO-GAF! Taking a girl out Sunday night, need some ideas on where to take her!
Always Distillery at night or Beaches during the day for me.

If you want to save money, go to the ramen place at Distillery, but if you want to splurge then go to Cluny.

If you want to save money, lots of good places at Beaches, but if you want to splurge there are some fantastic places there though I just like Hogtown Smoke.

TABRIS TABRIS TABRIS TABRIS
We're calling you!

mr.rager

Kinky Boots then a fancy dinner?

Not sure if she'd be down for a musical. Not yet anyways. I also want to go somewhere where we can talk and shit. And holy fuck at those ticket prices lol.

Always Distillery at night or Beaches during the day for me.

If you want to save money, go to the ramen place at Distillery, but if you want to splurge then go to Cluny.

If you want to save money, lots of good places at Beaches, but if you want to splurge there are some fantastic places there though I just like Hogtown Smoke.

I was thinking Distillery too, pretty romantic at night. Know of any restaurants there that serve vegetarian food?

Anyone else with suggestions?

alienxx45

I was thinking Distillery too, pretty romantic at night. Know of any restaurants there that serve vegetarian food?

Anyone else with suggestions?

Can try Harborfront. Always some type of themed festival going on. Can chill by the water...go on the paddleboats? A few cafes/gelato places..Amsterdam brewery if you want a drink.

Willectro

Banned
Apparently the cell network is down?

Having no problems here.

Rogers had issues across Canada yesterday afternoon with calls and texts. No one ever calls or texts me, or even needs to, but of course yesterday it was important that I got a call or text, so naturally that's when it wasn't working. Rogers don't think I'm paying full price this month now, right?

ahdurian

effing hell

my Blizzard account just got hijacked

someone just charged 300$ worth of WoW things to my account, and then gifted them to some obv. fake e-mails (asasas@yahoo, dfdfdfdf@yahoo), and yet Blizzard lets it go through

Willectro

Banned

Willectro

Banned
effing hell

my Blizzard account just got hijacked

someone just charged 300$ worth of WoW things to my account, and then gifted them to some obv. fake e-mails (asasas@yahoo, dfdfdfdf@yahoo), and yet Blizzard lets it go through

Rough. Out of curiosity, did you have an authenticator enabled?

Top Bottom