• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Stet

Banned
if any of you ever join a rec softball league in the city, don't join Not So Pro.

their company's name is darkly foreboding for how unprofessional they are. and they're one of the most expensive in the city.

this is two years in a row they've taken my money and dicked my team around on a weekly basis.

if you look them up on facebook, their top 5-star review is from the person who owns the company, john morrison, and i think it must be ghostwritten because every other piece of communication i've ever gotten from him is barely coherent.

Willectro

Banned
if any of you ever join a rec softball league in the city, don't join Not So Pro.

their company's name is darkly foreboding for how unprofessional they are. and they're one of the most expensive in the city.

this is two years in a row they've taken my money and dicked my team around on a weekly basis.

if you look them up on facebook, their top 5-star review is from the person who owns the company, john morrison, and i think it must be ghostwritten because every other piece of communication i've ever gotten from him is barely coherent.

How much is it? Sounds like John cares more about the beer than the league.

Stet

Banned
How much is it? Sounds like John cares more about the beer than the league.

There's rarely any beer. And even if there was, John doesn't show up to the games. We have to umpire ourselves and that's if his lackey even showed up to put out the bases before the game, before instantly leaving so nobody will complain to him about scheduling conflicts / website issues / rule disputes.

It's something like $699 per season per team, and a season lasts about 10 games. I swear to god the only reason they exist is that somehow they get permits before anyone else can. If I got enough sponsors to float me, and got the permits lined up early, I feel like I could run a better league for less money and only put in two hours a week as a hobby.

Stet

Banned
lol Apparently they also just merged their intermediate league with their rec league because "nobody wanted to be in the intermediate league".

It's the second game of the summer season and now we'll have to play against teams that will beat us by 30 runs every game because they're stacked with people who used to play in school and take it more seriously.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't have AC. And right now I don't have a workplace to go to that that has AC. :(

Eh, at least the hospital has AC.

Same boat. We could put the AC in, but for an extra fee as our rent includes hydro. We just close the blinds and turn on the window fans. Facing north helps a lot, because we don't get a ton of direct sunlight either.

Willectro

Banned
There's rarely any beer. And even if there was, John doesn't show up to the games. We have to umpire ourselves and that's if his lackey even showed up to put out the bases before the game, before instantly leaving so nobody will complain to him about scheduling conflicts / website issues / rule disputes.

It's something like $699 per season per team, and a season lasts about 10 games. I swear to god the only reason they exist is that somehow they get permits before anyone else can. If I got enough sponsors to float me, and got the permits lined up early, I feel like I could run a better league for less money and only put in two hours a week as a hobby.

$699? For 10 games? Ouch. I thought it would be under $100. I guess the participants are more serious about being there at that price.

Willectro

Banned
So Kanye went over time on his set, the mic was cut at 10:00PM, so he threw it and stormed off stage? Is this accurate?

Edit:
That's per team. So about 70 per person.

I'm cheap, lol. I'd be interested to hear how the season plays out. I'm not so interested in baseball/softball, but may look into something else next year.

So Kanye went over time on his set, the mic was cut at 10:00PM, so he threw it and stormed off stage? Is this accurate?

I didn't see that?

It was a weird set. I am not the biggest Kanye fan but I have to admit he did a pretty good job filling a gigantic stage and dealing with the shit sound. Would be shameful if they just cut him off.

Willectro

Banned
I didn't see that?

It was a weird set. I am not the biggest Kanye fan but I have to admit he did a pretty good job filling a gigantic stage and dealing with the shit sound. Would be shameful if they just cut him off.

I'm seeing mixed messages about whether it was technical or not, but apparently the mic sound in the building cut out, but TV was fine. The whole thing seems odd. Either way, I thought after all the fanfare, his set would be a bit longer.

And yes, kudos to him for performing on that ugly, empty stage. Whoever designed that has likely never attended a concert or performance before. Not many performers could have pulled that off, but technical difficulties or not, the Kanye ego had to end it on his time.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Same boat. We could put the AC in, but for an extra fee as our rent includes hydro. We just close the blinds and turn on the window fans. Facing north helps a lot, because we don't get a ton of direct sunlight either.

I face west, so I get the sun in the afternoon.

Quick

Banned
Guy on reddit says Kanye's people had his volume cranked up and it blew the in-stadium sound

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/2015/07/26/kanye-west-wows-crowd-at-pan-am-closing-ceremony.html

Wisely not saying anything even remotely offensive or focusing on anything but pleasing the crowd, West only had a problem when his sound mysteriously cut out about halfway through “Good Life,” leaving the crowd a little puzzled as he left the stage and the final fireworks of the evening occurred.

jokkir

Blah, my internet has been down for the past few days. Thanks for the meetup! It was awesome and looking forward to the next one. Definitely really considering getting Speed Runners now lol

zroid

Banned
Drake and Kanye last night lol

CK9atJbW8AAMBfE.png

N° 2048

Hey guys, I am so sorry for the generic Toronto question but my girlfriend just got a ticket for $110 and two points for turning a left when she wasn't @ King West & Atlantic.
(I don't know how we missed the sign.)

This is her first time getting one and will be going to court to get the points part dismissed.

Any tips? She has her G2.

mr.rager

Hey guys, I am so sorry for the generic Toronto question but my girlfriend just got a ticket for $110 and two points for turning a left when she wasn't @ King West & Atlantic.
(I don't know how we missed the sign.)

This is her first time getting one and will be going to court to get the points part dismissed.

Any tips? She has her G2.

That's the best thing she can do. They will usually get rid of the points and just fine you. You can also try and fight the ticket and hope the cop doesn't show up.

:edit:

any pictures from the meetup?

That's the best thing she can do. They will usually get rid of the points and just fine you. You can also try and fight the ticket and hope the cop doesn't show up.

Fighting the ticket is redundant if I remember correctly (unless you actually got grounds to fight on).

You show up to plea a lower ticket price or points and if the officer happens to not show up then the ticket is dropped anyway. As far as traffic violations anyway.

Hey guys. I'm thinking of taking a short break to Whistler in BC and I thought this may be the best place to ask on GAF. But is anyone quite familiar with it? I wanted to ask a few questions.

1. How busy is the place? I'm trying to avoid people as much as possible when enjoying the views.

2. Are the stars visible at night?

Shit. My phone's USB port isn't recognizing any of my cables. Can't charge it. Anyone know a place near North York that can fix smartphones?

Shit. My phone's USB port isn't recognizing any of my cables. Can't charge it. Anyone know a place near North York that can fix smartphones?

Is there any dust or anything stuck inside the port?

Sometimes fluff gets stuck in there and messes with the connection. Happened with an iPhone I had once. I needed to get something in there to clean it out.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hey guys. I'm thinking of taking a short break to Whistler in BC and I thought this may be the best place to ask on GAF. But is anyone quite familiar with it? I wanted to ask a few questions.

1. How busy is the place? I'm trying to avoid people as much as possible when enjoying the views.

2. Are the stars visible at night?

You may want to ask in Vancouver's OT.

Sober

Screencheat is local co-op right? Maybe that should be the next meetup tournament game, it's the BTA in the current humble bundle.

It's a split screen shooter where everyone is invisible and you have to look at everyone else's screen to find them and kill them. Sounds like an awesome drunk game.

Indicate

Some of the comment's in the Black Lives Matter protest article in the Toronto Star are disappointing. You would think you we're on an american site.

Top Bottom