• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So, are the drivers in these situations thinking "Well, I've come too far to back out now.", because how the fuck do you get that far into a streetcar tunnel without knowing what's happening.

XLakABq.jpg

explodet

The traffic shitshow that is Queen's Quay continues.

On a related note, last night at 2am they were removing painted road markers outside my building and whatever machine they were using was incredibly loud and high-pitched. Took me until 3am to finally get to sleep.

I've caught functional zombieism.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

On a related note, last night at 2am they were removing painted road markers outside my building and whatever machine they were using was incredibly loud and high-pitched. Took me until 3am to finally get to sleep.

Supposed to be a noise law (By law?)in effect though...

Renewed

That's what I heard? It was gonna drive me nuts because my day was already lame and I was super tired.

Hey guys, Im in the GTA but have realized that I have barely done much in Toronto in my life. Anything I should do in Toronto for August? I mean, I know there are these events and stuff, but which ones are worth going to on a relatively cheap budget?

I just have had a bummy summer and I feel like crap and just want to enjoy what's left.

Sober

Hey guys, Im in the GTA but have realized that I have barely done much in Toronto in my life. Anything I should do in Toronto for August? I mean, I know there are these events and stuff, but which ones are worth going to on a relatively cheap budget?

I just have had a bummy summer and I feel like crap and just want to enjoy what's left.
FanExpo if that's your thing. Maybe hit up the ROM or something.

We're probably gonna be doing a meetup around FanExpo season, so keep your eyes peeled for that thread.

Sober

Also l wonder exactly how many celebrities will drop out of Fan Expo this year (hint: almost all of them who still have work)

Renewed

I had a feeling that the water would be turned back on here (near Finch and Islington) but my mom asked me anyways to pick up a 5-gallon jug. Came back and it turns out the water is back, so I guess we're keeping this for a "rainy day"....

Quick

Banned
Also l wonder exactly how many celebrities will drop out of Fan Expo this year (hint: almost all of them who still have work)

Yeah, I expect like half of the big names to drop out this year, with "promise" to return another time.

That said, most of them do come back later on.

wtf is toronto? We #The6 now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well. I met Mitch Marner. Super nice folks.

I also met McLovin' the cat at Eaton Centre. I took a few pictures of him and when I sent them to my co-workers, they all said something along the lines of "poor cat...having to wear that jersey..."

I should upload these pics but lazy... :/

JordanN

Banned
That is so cool. Did people geek out?

It was 9:30 in the morning so I was the only one there on the sidewalk to see him.

It all happened so suddenly so I was lucky to pull out my camera and take a photograph (I tried to take another but that's when the lights changed) .

Kraftwerk

Well. I met Mitch Marner. Super nice folks.

I also met McLovin' the cat at Eaton Centre. I took a few pictures of him and when I sent them to my co-workers, they all said something along the lines of "poor cat...having to wear that jersey..."

I should upload these pics but lazy... :/

My sister gives a lot of money to Mclovin. She yells at me if she finds out I was downtown and didn't pay my respects to Mclovin.

Entropia

No One Remembers
You guys got rain? Lucky.

It was mostly sunny over here, but my god was the temperature so perfect. #TeamModerate

Kraftwerk

I got a side gig at a bar/restaurant during nights. Just for fun and I am saving up for something special.

Once I am more comfortable here cooking and bartending, I will tell you guys where it is so you can come for drinks and food. Hell, maybe we can have a meetup here.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I got a side gig at a bar/restaurant during nights. Just for fun and I am saving up for something special.

Once I am more comfortable here cooking and bartending, I will tell you guys where it is so you can come for drinks and food. Hell, maybe we can have a meetup here.
This is a trick to poison me....

let us know and we'll go

i-Jest

It was 9:30 in the morning so I was the only one there on the sidewalk to see him.

It all happened so suddenly so I was lucky to pull out my camera and take a photograph (I tried to take another but that's when the lights changed) .

The pleasant unique surprises of life. They come quickly as they go. That was my favorite batmobile design as a child.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Any TO Gaffers try Google Cardboard and the apps with it? How was it?

I will get one of the headsets when they come out (leaning to Vive but who knows), but was thinking of giving the Cardboard a spin in the meantime.

Edit: oh right. Been meaning to provide this.

Mini review: Solo Sushi Ya
Address: 3 Grosvenor St. Toronto, ON M4Y 1A9

Very unassuming and hidden little gem of a sushi place in downtown Toronto. It's really small and you're not going to get any fancy decor here.

I ordered the sashimi and my wife ordered good old sushi.

My sashimi was very tasty and I liked the little tartare-style part of it as well. What I didn't like though we're the few fish scales in the food and mine actually still had some bones in them. On the other hand, my wife's was surprisingly good - so good that it's become her favourite place for this price range. What sets the sushi here apart from the other billion sushi places (including Japanese-run ones) is the rice. While it looks like your regular nigiri sushi, the rice was outstanding and going to other sushi places afterwards just kinda made me wish I could go back to this one. There is a very distinct rice-vinegar taste to it and it just added to the whole flavour.

If you're near downtown and don't want to spend a lot to go to the more modern JaBistro, this gets a thumbs up from me.

zroid

Banned
had plans to go downtown for dinner but almost postponed it cause of the #StormWatch

went anyway since it had cleared up some after the first storm ended... till we got back to the car and emerged from the parking garage and it was pouring

dodged a bullet in that I didn't have to walk in the storm without any rain gear but still had to drive all the way back to Markham :(

did get a nice view of the lightning from the road at times

Sober

I was visiting friends in Richmond Hill/Vaughn and holy fuck the storm clouds were crazy, just lightning flashes in the distance, constantly.

zroid

Banned
the jays just sent out a tweet that they had to cancel some event they had planned for today outside the Rogers Centre because of storm damage :<

dluu13

So I hear we got hit with a major thunderstorm? :eek:

hell yes we did. It was like a light show in the distance from my apartment.

In the afternoon, visibility was clear for me for about one block, and the rest was covered by a wall of rain. About a minute later, the wall had moved right over me. Good thing I ran and closed the window when I saw that wall lol.
My roommate had gone back to London for the weekend, and by the time I remembered his window was open too, his floor was soaked.

Top Bottom