• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

soultron

Banned
Heard the loudest and longest crack of thunder last night. Felt like it went for 2-3 seconds but also felt like it was right overhead. Other than crazy rain on and off, it was over in maybe 20 minutes, where I'm at.

I'm not sure I've ever seen so much lightning. I popped out quick for a pizza run and like dluu13 said just above me, it was a freaking light show. Just nonstop flashing. I got caught in the downpour on my way back, literally one block from my house, but it came down so fast I was instantly waterlogged.

zroid

Banned
CLgLD4RWsAEsfmx.jpg

future Raptor

Been looking at so many apartments lately. Does anyone here live in the Cityplace / Ice Condos area? I see so many listings but I feel like that area kinda sucks... expensive grocery stores, no restaurants, far walk from most things (except to work). And for some reason, so many bros live in that area.

Seriously thinking about moving to North York Centre area on Yonge between Finch and Sheppard.

Been looking at so many apartments lately. Does anyone here live in the Cityplace / Ice Condos area? I see so many listings but I feel like that area kinda sucks... expensive grocery stores, no restaurants, far walk from most things (except to work). And for some reason, so many bros live in that area.

Seriously thinking about moving to North York Centre area on Yonge between Finch and Sheppard.
I live in Cityplace. I don't know what rent is like since I bought my place, but at the time it was a comparable price to Younge/Shepard Area. I like it because it's central to the spots I visit (Queen St W, Habourfront, ACC, BMO Field). It's about a 20 minute walk, which for me isn't far. The new bike path on Harbourfront is nice, and it connects to the Lakeshore boardwalk which is even nicer. Perfect for runs. I don't agree that there are no restaurants, but I will say all the restaurants are expensive. Expect $100 meals for two with alcohol at an average place. I don't notice the bros, but the girls are stunning.

For me I don't regret it at all

Xirj

I live in the area (West One) and it's quite great actually. It is very accessible by car, transit, and walking (15-20 min walk to YTZ). While sobeys can be pricey, having a grocery store right there is extremely convenient and helps save money in the end by not eating out. I do major once-a-week shopping at the Queens Quay Loblaws though. There are a bunch of restaurants in the area now so that shouldn't be an issue. The new one, Citta, is quite nice! Walking over the train tracks gets you right into the center of some great King West eats.

I used to live in Cityplace. Having Union Station in such close walking distance was really nice (I'd hop on the TTC and shoot straight up Yonge to work), plus when I would travel on Porter I could just walk down to the airport, and that was bloody awesome. There are definitely a lot of bros, though. There was also a lot of construction there at the time, but that didn't bother me much. Working the graveyard shift did kind of suck though because it was hard to sleep sometimes listening to traffic on Spadina.

ahdurian

New Raptors jerseys.

CLiOt6VVEAA4_5x.jpg

They're alright. Sucks not having the original Raptor logo anymore though.

don't like the new logo
don't like the font
don't know why they need 3 Away jerseys....feel like the Black/Gold one won't be used for away games, but probably for Drake Night games or something

rinse82

2 dead after shooting at ovofest afterparty at Muzik

http://www.cp24.com/news/two-dead-t...oting-in-and-around-muzik-nightclub-1.2500959

Two people are dead and at least three people were wounded after a series of shootings in and around Muzik nightclub on the Exhibition grounds, Toronto police say.
Gunshots were heard in the area of Dufferin Street and Springhurst Avenue sometime before 3:15 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Toronto police Insp. Frank Bergen said one person was shot dead inside Muzik nightclub, and one other person may have been wounded inside the establishment. Another person was pronounced dead after arriving at a local hospital.

zroid

Banned
Apparently the font which the Raptors commissioned for their new gear is being officially called "WE THE LETTERS"

...can we just nuke the Raps now

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently the font which the Raptors commissioned for their new gear is being officially called "WE THE LETTERS"

Please tell me you are joking.

I like We The North, but We the Letters is a step too far.

Sober

Is "we the north" and "northern uprising" basically predicated on the fact it's aping Game of Thrones and Robb's Rebellion (i.e. king of the north?) Cause it sure feels like it from someone who doesn't really keep up with basketball or the Raptors.

dream

Pulling the show, coupled with his body being found in an alley, makes me wonder just how bad the circumstances are.

ahdurian

link or it didnt' happen

either way, you gotta be shitting me
that sounds like something out of The Onion

Quick

Banned
I'm looking at the jerseys again, and I'm still wondering why they needed to get rid of the original logo.

On the plus side, they didn't stick the number 6 or "Six" or "6ix" anywhere on it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Listen here sluts!

Who the hell cares what the name of a font is? Yes it's stupid tho.

Second from my understanding it says Raptors now in more of a pitch to be the Canadian team and not just Toronto's team.

Personally I'm not feeling these jerseys that much but I'll get over it. The red and black is what I'm all about.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Christopher Hyndman, co-host of CBC's Steven and Chris, dead at 49

The body of Christopher Hyndman, co-host of the afternoon talk show Steven and Chris on CBC-TV, was found in an alleyway in Toronto's east end Monday night, police confirm.

"It is with profound sadness that we share the news Christopher Hyndman died," said the public broadcaster in a memo distributed to staff Tuesday afternoon.

"We extend our deepest sympathies to Steven [Sabados], family, friends and colleagues; our thoughts are with them all."

Apparently his body was in the alley below their balcony. No word if it was a suicide or an accident. The two had just returned home from a trip to Barbados.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Listen here sluts!

Who the hell cares what the name of a font is? Yes it's stupid tho.

Second from my understanding it says Raptors now in more of a pitch to be the Canadian team and not just Toronto's team.

Personally I'm not feeling these jerseys that much but I'll get over it. The red and black is what I'm all about.
We should make the TO community the official Canada community.

COME TO US, Red Man, Cake boss, and Tabris.

Yes. I summoned him. DEAL WITH IT!

Tabris

Yeah, Vancouver-GAF doesn't get enough hits to browse actively. I think we should have a Canada OT only and people can talk about TO, VAN, MTL in there.

Renewed

Took my brother out for his swimming session but it turns out the pool was closed today. They apparently called (uh no they didn't) to tell us. All that rain and good ol' TTC. *vomits*

Top Bottom