• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Between the city threads (albeit ranging in various activity levels), the Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread, the Canadian specific Amiibo thread, the Poli thread and the numerous threads that pop up in OT for news and events, I think Canada is covered without a mega thread. And said thread would be overrun by Toronto talk, while other cities complain about how much Toronto dominates the thread.

say no to Mega Thread Amalgamation

higpi29.jpg

Weird thing just happened now.

Context: Yesterday, my little brother got propositioned by these people who are part of this Bahá’í religion to join some volunteer mentorship program. His stupid ass decided to not bother blowing them off and sign up instead hoping they'll leave him alone.

Anyway, just a few minutes ago one of them came up to our house asking for him so they can take him to the program thingy. He didn't want to go so I lied to the guy saying my brother's didn't get any sleep. After like a minute of trying to convince me to sign up or give him some contact info, he left.

Apparently these people roped in a bunch of my brother's dumbass friends to sign up and they're driving to each of their homes. The whole thing seems sketch but I can't find anything weird about this religion. The guy didn't namedrop the religion's name during his spiel about the mentorship program, though.

I never heard of this Bahá’í religion before now. Anyone here know of it?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've seen a couple of big guys throw someone (literally) off the streetcar before for spouting racial and homophobic slurs at people. A shame no one did it to this guy, but it's a scary situation to step into.

Weird thing just happened now.

Context: Yesterday, my little brother got propositioned by these people who are part of this Bahá’í religion to join some volunteer mentorship program. His stupid ass decided to not bother blowing them off and sign up instead hoping they'll leave him alone.

Anyway, just a few minutes ago one of them came up to our house asking for him so they can take him to the program thingy. He didn't want to go so I lied to the guy saying my brother's didn't get any sleep. After like a minute of trying to convince me to sign up or give him some contact info, he left.

Apparently these people roped in a bunch of my brother's dumbass friends to sign up and they're driving to each of their homes. The whole thing seems sketch but I can't find anything weird about this religion. The guy didn't namedrop the religion's name during his spiel about the mentorship program, though.

I never heard of this Bahá’í religion before now. Anyone here know of it?

No real clue. There's a lot of information available online, including a Toronto specific site. But that still doesn't mean those guys were legit in their intentions, as it does sound pretty sketchy. You could cross reference any information they gave you, give that website an e-mail and inquire about these guys going around recruiting people, etc.

What is it with TO sports teams and good offence/bad defence. It's across the board and has been this way for years. I can't remember the last Toronto team that was known for defence.

zroid

Banned
If I remember right the Jays were the exact opposite of how they are now in the late 00's

all pitching and defence

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Remember when the Leafs lacked good wingers for Mats Sundin?

Now we're looking for wingers for our centres.

I remember when we had a great winger. Some called him out of shape and lazy.

But dammit he was the best winger we've had in a long ass time

Phil I miss you. :(

Quadratic

Solid win for the Jays in NYC tonight. With these two offenses who would have thought it'd be a pitchers duel. Price is up next.

Going into today's game I was hoping for 2/3 but I think we have a good shot at a sweep. Exciting to have meaningful baseball to watch. Usually we're out of it by now.

mr.rager

Solid win for the Jays in NYC tonight. With these two offenses who would have thought it'd be a pitchers duel. Price is up next.

Going into today's game I was hoping for 2/3 but I think we have a good shot at a sweep. Exciting to have meaningful baseball to watch. Usually we're out of it by now.

My coworkers and I have been talking about baseball nonstop at work. Such an exciting time to be a Jays fan. I hope the Yanks don't beat up on Price tomorrow and the bats wake up.

Anyways, off to LA for a week! See ya TO-Gaf.

dluu13

Hey does anyone here have Teksavvy cable 30/5? Wondering what speeds you get in terms of upload...

If you don't have it yet, you can ask tech support what kind of speeds are available in your area.

I only have 15/1 ADSL but my speeds are up to spec. I've dealt with customer service a couple of times, and they are quite good. The Bell technician actually set my internet up slower than it was supposed to be because he was worried about ADSL line noise, but tech support slowly bumped up my speed and did line tests to make sure I was stable until I reached the spec. As of right now, I'm actually getting a bit faster than what I pay for.

Soooooooo.... Is summer over?

Is the nightmare over?

Actually feels like it didn't get that hot this summer, not that I'm complaining. I like this current temperature.

cbox

We're 30/10 on DSL dryloop and upload is always steady at 10. Download can swing a little bit more.

I was on 25/10 but my new condo can't get dsl yet , which is a huge bummer cause I love my teksavvy dsl.

I actually get a little faster than 5megabits. 5Mb is supposed to be around 700KB/s.

I can get my upload to round 900KB/s and on a good day 1MB/s

this is good to know! Apparently tek sells 60/10 but not off the site.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Today for some reason I looked at my Driver's License and I noticed it's been expired since November. Oops. I never got a renewal notice for my license even though I did get one for my plate sticker last year. Good thing it's so easy to renew it online and because it's been less than 12 months I don't have to do anything special to renew it. Glad I was never pulled over with an expired license.

Willectro

Banned
What's even the point of Taste of the Danforth? All the restaurants are shittier because they get slammed. I've never seen so many people just wandering around aimlessly, wondering what all the hype is about.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What's even the point of Taste of the Danforth? All the restaurants are shittier because they get slammed. I've never seen so many people just wandering around aimlessly, wondering what all the hype is about.
Used to be pretty decent but has been getting worse every year.

Stet

Banned

Gives us an opportunity to see more of Rob Ford's antics.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Go back 15 years ago and people were saying the same thing. Face it, it's always been a waste of time.
Eh. I did like it first few times I went. Now it's extremely crowded and it's the same thing over and over again.

Kinda like the CNE. I enjoyed it the first few times but man it's lost its lustre. All the wacky food in the world can't save it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My favourite thing about Taste is the story a Greek guy I worked with last year told me. He likes to walk around for a bit each year yelling out "Go walk around your own neighbourhood this weekend instead of being here. The Danforth will still be here next weekend."

Willectro

Banned
My favourite thing about Taste is the story a Greek guy I worked with last year told me. He likes to walk around for a bit each year yelling out "Go walk around your own neighbourhood this weekend instead of being here. The Danforth will still be here next weekend."

Lol. It will still be there and will be much better!

Toronto needs a sheep festival. No real purpose, just lots of people crammed into an area.

Top Bottom