• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

SkylineRKR

I love the lean mechanic. What other FPSes have implemented this? Didnt Killzone do it? Im pretty sure it did but I never used it.

In Wolfenstein Im using it practically during every firefight.

Lean is brilliant. The game also tries to tell you thats its useful, whenever you get one of those scenes with a semi opened door.

Lean makes even very low debris useful for cover. And you can shoot below tables etc.

Quick question, for those that beat the game, how long is it and is there any replay value?

I picked it up on release day but haven't had a chance to put more than an hour into so far. Would like to dive into this weekend but wasn't sure what to expect.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks

Quick question, for those that beat the game, how long is it and is there any replay value?

I picked it up on release day but haven't had a chance to put more than an hour into so far. Would like to dive into this weekend but wasn't sure what to expect.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks
Took me ~15 hours on Über but I only did "half" (slight spoilers so don't look if you don't want to know)
there are two campaigns
the game. I did collect mostly everything. I think there is a decent amount of replay value.

Finished the game and it's definitely the best shooter I've played in a while. Amazing shooting mechanics and surprisingly good story that had me hooked til the end. Some of the level design on the later levels was fantastic, couldn't have been more pumped at the start of chapter 14
crashing landing from the Moon back at the London Nautica
. Based on the ending
are we going to see BJ brought back to health through robotic implants in the next game chasing down Frau Engel? They've set it up for a sequel with the sound of the helicopter coming back at the end.

I hope they mass effect 2 his ass I want to put my knife in that bitch's skull.

Levyne

Banned
I'm definitely going to "plat" this. It's a ton of fun. I wonder what it will feel like going through the level on babby mode to get collectibles compared to Uber.

I'm definitely going to "plat" this. It's a ton of fun. I wonder what it will feel like going through the level on babby mode to get collectibles compared to Uber.

Awesome I like running down the hallways with dual assault rifles turning dudes into dog food. Beat it 4 times already.

Having fun with this game:

i1r9JlciFv53B.gif

I really like that the game adapts to how I play when it comes to rewarding me with perks instead of pushing a skill tree with arbitrary point designation.

May be nothing new but I just devised a very easy way of getting the Sentinel perk (Kill 5 enemies with thrown back grenades).

You can throw a grenade at your own feet then "throw it back" at an enemy. You won't have much fuse time so it's best done standing close to a nazi.

Incidentally, what's a good place to find mechanical enemies for the bullseye perk? I assume drones will do.

Gaz_RB

Damn the [level spoiler]
Labor Camp
mission made me feel like I was playing Escape From Butcher Bay again. Great level. The game continues to surprise me with the quality of it's story.

DukeBobby

Damn the [level spoiler]
Labor Camp
mission made me feel like I was playing Escape From Butcher Bay again. Great level. The game continues to surprise me with the quality of it's story.

One of my favourite missions. Aesthetically, it reminded me of Dishonored, but gameplay wise, it was pure Riddick.

Nemesis_

Yeah, you can definitely notice the resolution drop in that scene outside of the prison where Frau
is thrown and injured
on Xbox One. And I'm not one to usually notice that kind of thing.

Rampage99

Having fun with this game:

i1r9JlciFv53B.gif

I really like that the game adapts to how I play when it comes to rewarding me with perks instead of pushing a skill tree with arbitrary point designation.

I was going to wait just a little longer before buying this (wanted to finish AC:BF)... But, yeah, this just pushed me over the edge. Grabbing it on my lunch break.

Rampage99

Being that this is now a 100 page thread which I really don't feel like digging through, is there any significant advantage that the PS4 has over the Xbox One version? I have both consoles but am considering getting it for the One since I'm trying to finish AC:BF and want to get started on Infamous (both PS4 games). My wife has beaten both and really wants to play Wolfenstein so it would make the most sense to get this for the Xbox so while she's playing I can work on the other games. I looked at the DF stuff and it seemed like the discrepencies were pretty minimal but I just want to be sure.

Took me 15 hours on Über but I only did "half" (slight spoilers so don't look if you don't want to know)
there are two campaigns
the game. I did collect mostly everything. I think there is a decent amount of replay value.

Thanks, hopefully I get a chance to beat it this weekend.

matmanx1

Game is great so far, and the people that say it looks like shit are crazy but the sound is really broken, the voices are so quiet that i miss almost everything said.
downloaded the patch on ps4, so many people are recommending different settings but nothing is working for me.
i'm using headphones plugged into the controller, can anyone please help?

Turn on subtitles, if you haven't already. It doesn't fix the sound but it will at least allow you to see everything that's being said.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Weapon spoiler
Using 2 lazer rifles is amazing as they shred enemies in seconds, I was going total akimbo in the last chapter with them

DukeBobby

I can't believe Colin Moriarty at IGN said this has unremarkable shooting and bad dual wielding.

He must have played a different game.

Mr Swine

Banned
I don't get it why people say that the games voices are low? It doesn't sound low on my rig, the surround is a bit wonky though

Scrappy

Neo Member
I'm so tempted by this game. I know it's just a corridor FPS shooter but I have a real love for alternative history and wouldn't mind some just straight up, linear shooty action. Not sure it'll hold my attention for 20 hours, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Nemesis_

I feel like I kind of missed the point in Chapter 13. It's when BJ
cuts the numbering out of his arm and a cutscene plays of Frau beating a prisoner

What was the relevance of that? I've missed it twice now ._. Why did he only decide to do it just then?

Lima

I don't get it why people say that the games voices are low? It doesn't sound low on my rig, the surround is a bit wonky though

Most people that complain about it play through their TV speakers.

It's not the best mix as far as surround goes such as positional audio but it's fine with LPCM 5.1 on both Xbox One and PS4.

Levyne

Banned
I'm so tempted by this game. I know it's just a corridor FPS shooter but I have a real love for alternative history and wouldn't mind some just straight up, linear shooty action. Not sure it'll hold my attention for 20 hours, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it.

I'm not going to tell you the game is "non-linear", but "corridor FPS shooter" seems a bit incorrect as well. Lots of the maps have a good deal of freedom and width to them. But I'm only on chapter 13/16, and coming off 11 and 12 which were more straight forward. Hopefully end of the game opens it back up.

AHA-Lambda

I feel like I kind of missed the point in Chapter 13. It's when BJ
cuts the numbering out of his arm and a cutscene plays of Frau beating a prisoner

What was the relevance of that? I've missed it twice now ._. Why did he only decide to do it just then?

Yeah, that scene was just plain weird, no reason he had to do it then and there.

Top Bottom