• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Lima

Goddamn it Microsoft - street dates are broken left and right, just hit the switch and put it on the marketplace! :mad:

Considering that Bethesda straight up told retailers they can sell the game now yeah I agree.

Just like with Tomb Raider DE I doubt it will happen though.

Lima

Got a link to that
we could rub into MS
?

No sorry. This was said by a Saturn Germany employee who contacted them after getting the games early on Thursday. They told them Saturn was allowed to sell the game immediately. Considering how many other stores and online shops are already selling the game I'm inclined to believe that.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Is Best Buy selling it yet?
I remember with Tomb Raider the local ones not only wouldn't sell it when the street date was lifted, but still weren't selling it on the originally planned street date. Pathetic.

bidguy

Banned
Normal (Bring 'em on). First five chapters were easy, six was hard, seven and eight....easy. There's one thing I don't like: Wolfenstein is a First Person Shooter but you're in "stealth mode" 40% of the time so far.
Strange....

is the ai better than the one in the article above ?

Normal (Bring 'em on). First five chapters were easy, six was hard, seven and eight....easy. There's one thing I don't like: Wolfenstein is a First Person Shooter but you're in "stealth mode" 40% of the time so far.
Strange....

So you're done with
half the
chapters? Do you know what your current playtime is?

Is stealth forced? Could just be a way to let players engage on their own terms.

So you're done with
half the
chapters? Do you know what your current playtime is?

Is stealth forced? Could just be a way to let players engage on their own terms.

About eight hours I think. But keep in mind that I try to find every collectable.
Yeah, stealth is forced sometimes (for example: You only have a knife and can't pick up any other weapons....because there aren't any other weapons in this level ^^). I'd love to unlock a new mode where you start every level with all weapons :/

If you guys wanted to see someone play it on I Am Death Incarnate, zorbsie did it and next time he streams he'll start on Uber (quote to see it):

Many moments of sweet sweet gibs, and the laser gun looks cool as heck.

Bullmoose, a local store, says that they have copies at every one of their locations on their website. I'm going to go in tomorrow and see if they'll sell one to me. Any bigger stores that are breaking the street date?
Yeah they are allready in the stores. But they are not selling them untill tuesday.
Maybe if you can play it smart some old geezer will sell it. Just fake it and tell them today is releaseday or something :p.

Dawg

Has already been discussed and that is the game on the lowest difficulty setting.

Bring 'em on! is not the lowest difficulty though, it's medium (third difficulty).

The footage that is being spread on sites is from a friend of mine, and he told me he is playing on that difficulty.

zorbsie

Still having patch problems which prevent me from playing the game. Going to try and reinstall it to see if that solves the problem.

I wish they offered an option for locked 30fps with some visual enhancements, as I don't think 60fps is important in single player FPS games.

Sounds like what you want is to play it on pc.

The whole point of fixed hardware on consoles is that the developer can design the entire game around a specific framerate and image quality and be consistent with it.
I know, I know, 90 percent of devs that aren't nintendo don't bother with this anymore nowadays, but these guys did and you should applaud them for it

DieH@rd

Banned
Hmm, from what I have seen the game mostly takes place indoors in limited environments. Is mega textures really useful there? :/

MachineGames got the contract to work on Wolfenstein only if they accepted to make it using iD Tech 5. Megatexture was not their choice, but they made [by all accounts] awesome shooter.

2 more days.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, from what I have seen the game mostly takes place indoors in limited environments. Is mega textures really useful there? :/
It's the way the engine works.

Sounds like what you want is to play it on pc.

The whole point of fixed hardware on consoles is that the developer can design the entire game around a specific framerate and image quality and be consistent with it.
I know, I know, 90 percent of devs that aren't nintendo don't bother with this anymore nowadays, but these guys did and you should applaud them for it
Right, but I don't really think that will apply to this game. I doubt you'll get much more out of the PC version aside from typical image quality boosts (which I suppose counts for a lot to some people).

SkylineRKR

Its a fun ride so far. The 5gb update is ridiculous but on Ps4 you can play while downloading it. I started on Death Incarnate due to conflicting reports on the AI. Its fine so far.

Drewfonse

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/05/wolfenstein-new-order-ai-dumber-than.html

Nobody else seem to be saying this here but can anybody verify this?

OK, that was horrendous. Please, please be the exception, not the rule.

Also, I preordered from Amazon USA 3-4 days ago, and the delivery date was up in the air until the morning, when I got an email that told me that I would receive it on TH the 22nd. I went on Amazon, looked at the game listing, and noticed that they had free release date delivery for Prime members (I am one). So I cancelled my old order, placed a new order, and now I'll have it on Tuesday. Weird.

I am curious to get impressions about the AI/Difficulty settings from people who have finished it. I'd like a good challenge, but also would like a reasonable difficulty to play on my SECOND play through, which makes me wary of playing on the 4th difficulty right out of the gate. The hardest may be too hard for me on my second play.

antitrop

Right, but I don't really think that will apply to this game. I doubt you'll get much more out of the PC version aside from typical image quality boosts (which I suppose counts for a lot to some people).
Only reason I'm getting on PC over PS4 is for Mouse and Keyboard, I hope the PC version doesn't end up fucked like Rage was. I don't have a lot of faith in the iDTech 5 engine.

Top Bottom