• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S Thread: The S is for Sexy

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Good news - my GameStop UK order for £229 was honoured and is on its way.

Where's the place to get the best return for trading in my FIFA 17 code?

Caja 117

Does anyone have problem with the Resume option? I have being playing Madden 17 I turn off the console from the game and not only is the game doesnt resume, but the last couple of time the Turn of option is acting like a Reset option so the console doesn't turn off, it just restart.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Best solution for more storage? What are people using, external or what?
Yea, go for a Western Digital My Book or something with its own power, more reliable that way in case the Xbox loses power suddenly while it may be writing to it.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Yes. But you still need the Disc to play. An external hdd works exactly like the internal

Yea, go for a Western Digital My Book or something with its own power, more reliable that way in case the Xbox loses power suddenly while it may be writing to it.

Thanks! One last question - any performance hit from reading off external rather than internal?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Thanks! One last question - any performance hit from reading off external rather than internal?
Almost always faster. Good external HDDs (even 5400 RPM/Green drives) cap out at around 130-150 MB/s read on PC (my WD MB Studio caps out at 130 read, 110 write), and the last test I remember for the stock internal drive that comes with the consoles were ~85 read? So if you get a good drive you'll see anywhere from 30%-50% improvement.
Use this: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-external-desktop-hard-drive/

Found this mockop on reddit, looks sick:

KtmvLOZ.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
I got mine yesterday and sweet tits, it make my entire media console desk thing look much better and a lot more modern. Sexy piece of tech. The new interface is pretty good and love the new music background feature. Now just need Spotify.

Also the grip on the controller was much needed, going to drop it a lot less now.

Can someone recommend me some rechargeable batteries for the controller? I hate that overpriced plug n play kit.

Justinh

Eneloops are the best.

Totally this.

I recommend getting one of these with them, leave fully-charged batteries face up, turn the burned out batteries needing a charge upside down. It's a convenient way to keep track.

Almost always faster. Good external HDDs (even 5400 RPM/Green drives) cap out at around 130-150 MB/s read on PC (my WD MB Studio caps out at 130 read, 110 write), and the last test I remember for the stock internal drive that comes with the consoles were ~85 read? So if you get a good drive you'll see anywhere from 30%-50% improvement.
Use this: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-external-desktop-hard-drive/

KtmvLOZ.jpg
They really should offer us this beauty that (I think?) the Forza team came up with (oh! or was it Ford? I dunno).
Yeah whatever, just paint it black.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'm not sure if its the BD drive in my S acting up or it's just a coincidence that MSFT needs to update it, but I bought the new TMNT UHD yesterday. The darn disc was skipping all over the place in several spots. Did anyone else have this issue with the new TMNT?

Just pre-ordered the poop green Battlefield 1 Xbox One S.. excited! $349 doesn't seem like a bad price for the 1TB + the $79 version of the game. Gamestop trades helped too.

It will fit nicely with my Halo 3 Xbox 360.

Can't wait to get in on this 4K goodness.. the wait is gonna kill me!

Justinh

Just pre-ordered the poop green Battlefield 1 Xbox One S.. excited! $349 doesn't seem like a bad price for the 1TB + the $79 version of the game. Gamestop trades helped too.

It will fit nicely with my Halo 3 Xbox 360.

Can't wait to get in on this 4K goodness.. the wait is gonna kill me!

I think the OD Green Xbox One looks pretty damn good myself. I guess I'm a fan of that color.

Do we know if all A/C powered external drives are 7200rpm? I can't seem to definitely figure it out, Seagate seems to have different revisions for different years.. Ugh.

You should still make sure. They make 3.5 inch drives in 5400rpm flavors too.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
So I just bought my first Xbox since the original - the 2tb S

Do you earn achievements for backwards compatible games? I will be playing Dark Souls 1.

I'd love a black Xbox One S eventually. No way I'm putting something white (or blood red, or gray, or blue) in my entertainment center.

Same here. I would buy one immediately.

EDIT: I hadn't seen the Storm Grey Battlefield 1 Xbox One S. Hmm... I think I might be able to put that one in with my other stuff without it standing out too much. Decisions, decisions.

rdytoroll

Got my console today and it's really quiet and menus are snappy. NAT was open from the start, so that's good.

Did I understand this right, you can only download updates and games while your Xbox One is off, if you have Instant On enabled? I have energy saving atm, not sure what's better though.

Also lmao at that 92GB Halo 5 install/download, that's crazy

EmiPrime

Got my console today and it's really quiet and menus are snappy. NAT was open from the start, so that's good.

Did I understand this right, you can only download updates and games while your Xbox One is off, if you have Instant On enabled? I have energy saving atm, not sure what's better though.

Also lmao at that 92GB Halo 5 install/download, that's crazy

Yeah you need Instant On enabled. You can stick it on that while you get all the updates and game downloads done then switch back to Energy Saving after.

rdytoroll

Yeah you need Instant On enabled. You can stick it on that while you get all the updates and game downloads done then switch back to Energy Saving after.

Ok, cool.

Btw. how many apps can you have open at the same time? Where do I see all apps that are running? And how do I close everything at the same time?

vg260

When do the Black Friday deals typically leak in the US?

Really tempted to sell my current one now to upgrade. I really like that gray Battlefront exclusive one, but it doesn't come out until 11/1 which is two weeks after the game actually comes out. I don't want to me out of a system for too long.

Justinh

When do the Black Friday deals typically leak in the US?

Really tempted to sell my current one now to upgrade. I really like that gray Battlefront exclusive one, but it doesn't come out until 11/1 which is two weeks after the game actually comes out. I don't want to me out of a system for too long.

Wait, Battlefront? I know there's a Battlefield 1 One S that's green, but that one comes out before the game releases.

Just got mine in yesterday and I'm loving it so far. Halo MCC is great couch co-op for the wife and I, and Elite Dangerous is the No Man's Sky that I've been waiting to play (at 60 fps no less - holy moly!)

T.O.P

Banned

KtmvLOZ.jpg

Fuck me, that is gorgeous

f@luS

More than a member.
Just got my Xbox one S

Tried Batman v Superman uhd i must be crazy I think Netflix 4K looks better how is it possible

Anyway everything is crossed green on my Xbox for 4K. I start Netflix and it looks like even non hdr content is putting my tv in hdr. How is that ?

Just got my Xbox one S

Tried Batman v Superman uhd i must be crazy I think Netflix 4K looks better how is it possible

Anyway everything is crossed green on my Xbox for 4K. I start Netflix and it looks like even non hdr content is putting my tv in hdr. How is that ?

Yeah I thought that, too. Narcos looks insane on Netflix. Does anyone know when the youtube app and amazon apps will be getting 4k?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Ok, I went to my brother's house last night and saw the S in person for the first time. HOLY FUCK.

Pictures don't do this fucker justice. Not only is it waaaaaaaaay smaller than it's made out to be, it's comfortably the best looking console ever made, assuming one has decent taste. Can't wait to see how Panos steers the Scorpio.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ok, I went to my brother's house last night and saw the S in person for the first time. HOLY FUCK.

Pictures don't do this fucker justice. Not only is it waaaaaaaaay smaller than it's made out to be, it's comfortably the best looking console ever made, assuming one has decent taste. Can't wait to see how Panos steers the Scorpio.
Hell yea, the design is simply

tumblr_mph3yyvP2H1ss3yp1o1_400.gif

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Should be getting an s tomorrow so can I just check:

1) my current X1, all games are installed on external hard drives so I just deselect make this my home console, plug in the new s, make that home console and I'm good to go?

2) I'm in the preview programme, do I have to come out of it / remove myself on the old X1 and re register on the s?

Anything else I need to be wary of going from one machine to another?

Thanks.

Top Bottom