• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derwind

SMFH, WHAT WAS THAT SHIT THAT I JUST WITNESSED? FUCK YOU DENVER, HOW DO YOU DO THIS? WTF? REALLY? WHO WROTE THAT PLAY UP????????

ryutaro's mama said:
Back to Back games decided by poor officiating.

Sometimes I hate this fucking league.

piercegangsign1.jpg

KingGondo

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
Back to Back games decided by poor officiating.

Sometimes I hate this fucking league.
It was a bad call, but that one play didn't decide the game. The refs didn't make Denver miss 12 FTs.

The officiating has been awful this weekend. Especially on critical calls late in the game. Lame. NBA games shouldn't be potentially swing so blatantly by these calls. The last2 games being especially poor.

Incredible game. Hopefully Gallinari can pick it up so it goes 7, still think the Nuggets win this series if he does. Ty Lawson and James Harden meltdowns improving game!

Pkaz01

I'm glad the suns didn't make the playoffs at this point... Im not even a fan of these teams and i'm getting pissed at these shitty refs

Owzers

Gigglepoo said:
Players miss shots, refs miss calls. It's what happens when humans run the world.

Refs have instant replays to check if something is controversial. Even in tennis they finally gave players chances to challenge calls in instant replays for major tournaments and the sport is BETTER for it because everyone hates a game being decided by a bad call when there is technology to supplement regular official calls.

Gigglepoo

SephCast said:
Poor ending. Denver got robbed.

Their last two offensive plays were an off-balance three by Felton and a end-of-shot-clock heave by K Mart. Before that, Gallo had two sloppy dribble drives and Lawson had a hideous layup attempt. This game was not decided on a non-call.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Yet they have technology that they actually use at times in situations to counter the human error.

Very true. Though I'm the one person on earth who wants replay taken away completely, in all sports.

etiolate

Banned
It's not really conspiracy anyways. The NBA is pretty obvious and shameless about it at this point. Hardly anything secretive about it. It's like saying politicians are influenced by lobbyists.

Godslay

Banned
Well, I can take solace in the fact that Westbrook and Durant will have to do this shit every game from here on out. The basket doesn't really upset me, Denver missing FT does.

So what are the chances that the team that wins the ring this year will be the best team?

Cause the better team has lost in half these games already because of the officiating.

numble

punkypine said:
No but the nba is quicker than other sports
Just wondering if there's precedent. They seem to follow after some sport does it.

I agree that there seems to be too much foul fishing and the polar opposite, non-calls, these days.

sillymonkey321 said:
Refs have instant replays to check if something is controversial. Even in tennis they finally gave players chances to challenge calls in instant replays for major tournaments and the sport is BETTER for it because everyone hates a game being decided by a bad call when there is technology to supplement regular official calls.
Currently the rules only allow it for certain things, and there's no team-initiated challenge.

All I know is, if the Lakers were on the receiving end of that blown call in either of these games tonight, NBA-GAF would be salty as fuck.

And I'm sure TCB gives Gary Neal the benefit of the doubt with his rape charge that he would never and didn't give Kobe.

exarkun

That was a bad attempt by felton but they shouldn't even have been in that situation for that bad call.

That was a really, really bad call. Didn't stern catch one earlier in the situation or last situation and they fixed it the same game?

KingGondo said:
It was a bad call, but that one play didn't decide the game. The refs didn't make Denver miss 12 FTs.

Nor did the refs draw up a play for Kevin Martin to take a long outside shot afterwards.

Just like in the Knicks game, unfortunate and horrible calls but both teams still had a chance after that.

Omiee

numble said:
Just wondering if there's precedent. They seem to follow after some sport does it.

I agree that there seems to be too much foul fishing and the polar opposite, non-calls, these days.

i dont get why no sports want to do this, tennis has it.
with the whole hack systeme or what ever its called, you can challange any shot.

soccer, nfl, and nba all would benefit from video reviewing.

Duki

Banned
what a crappy ending

poor mini knicks

nothing good is allowed to happen ever

anyone got a youtube of the nonreview yet

The Crimson Blur said:
So what are the chances that the team that wins the ring this year will be the best team?

Cause the better team has lost in half these games already because of the officiating.

Memphis won today

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Yet they have technology that they actually use at times in situations to counter the human error.

yeah, and those players have other players trying to make them miss.

As far as a tip in shot, no one is trying to stop the refs from making the right call. Well media personnel in the building are tweeting about the call (or non-call), you have to question the competence.

Memphis won today

That's why he sad half. Lakers and Nuggets.

The Crimson Blur said:

Nonsense.

Plus, if Denver really is the better team, they will still win the series.

etiolate said:
It's not really conspiracy anyways. The NBA is pretty obvious and shameless about it at this point. Hardly anything secretive about it. It's like saying politicians are influenced by lobbyists.

I don't think the reffing is even competent enough to fix outcomes. Dudes just make terrible calls and there's zero accountability. Players and coaches can't even vent about calls like they do in every other major sport, and you can't ask for replays like you do in football. Everything is at the official's discretion and it makes for some shameless calls at times.

PatzCU

Fucking bullshit calls for almost the entirety of the game. Lawson just getting ravaged on the court all day with no help from the refs. I am disappoint. I still think Denver is looking great, hopefully the oil money paying off the refs runs dry soon.

Tom Penny

Lakers fans complaining the most about refs is pure comedy. Whens the last time you saw a flagrant foul running through a screen....

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Nor did the refs draw up a play for Kevin Martin to take a long outside shot afterwards.

Just like in the Knicks game, unfortunate and horrible calls but both teams still had a chance after that.

Point being that it never should have come down to that in the first place.

ryutaro's mama said:
And I'm sure TCB gives Gary Neal the benefit of the doubt with his rape charge that he would never and didn't give Kobe.

What does that have to do with anything?

And I have never made fun of the Kobe rape situation, despite the obvious comedic opportunities. Because I am a gentleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom