• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Nor did the refs draw up a play for Kevin Martin to take a long outside shot afterwards.

Just like in the Knicks game, unfortunate and horrible calls but both teams still had a chance after that.

Kevin Martin is playing golf right now?

Gigglepoo

xxxstylzxxx said:
Point being that it never should have come down to that in the first place.

Before the basket interference, Gallo has two sloppy dribble drives and Lawson airballed a layup. Before the basket interference, they went away from Nene, and subsequently stopped scoring. One call did not decide this game.

Tom Penny said:
Lakers fans complaining the most about refs is pure comedy. Whens the last time you saw a flagrant foul running through a screen....

KG gets away with moving picks all the time.

And Baaaaaaaaaaaaw-ston fans calling other fan bases complaining about reffing is comedy.

You know what was comedy?

The NFL thread the night the Pats made history and went 19-0.

Or Game 7 of the Finals last year.

LARefs, anyone?

dream

The Crimson Blur said:
What does that have to do with anything?

And I have never made fun of the Kobe rape situation, despite the obvious comedic opportunities. Because I am a gentleman.

This is the best phrased post I've read all night.

Gigglepoo said:
Before the basket interference, Gallo has two sloppy dribble drives and Lawson airballed a layup. Before the basket interference, they went away from Nene, and subsequently stopped scoring. One call did not decide this game.

So lets say that tip in was the buzzer beating point. Would you say that it didn't decide the game because Gallo had a sloppy dribble drive?

Anth0ny

most entertaining weekend of playoff ball I've ever seen. every damn game was fucking great.

the shit calls at the end of the knicks and nuggets games sucked though.

Gigglepoo

The Crimson Blur said:
So lets say that tip in was the buzzer beating point. Would you say that it didn't decide the game because Gallo had a sloppy dribble drive?

Yes. I'm a firm believer that one play does not decide a game. Denver played like crap down the stretch and couldn't stop Durant. That's why they lost.

linsivvi

The Crimson Blur said:
And I have never made fun of the Kobe rape situation, despite the obvious comedic opportunities. Because I am a gentleman.

That's why you still have some of my respect, unlike a certain Knicks fan.

Gigglepoo said:
No. I'm a firm believer that one play does not decide a game. Denver played like crap down the stretch and couldn't stop Durant. That's why they lost.

That's some flawed logic there. Thunder played bad in stretches and the Nuggets played bad in stretches and the game was close towards the end. Of course one single play can decide a game when a team only has a 1 point lead. The refs has a chance to review the play but they didn't. They screwed up royally. End of story.

Pkaz01

Theres something called momentum. A blown call is frustrating enough but when it changes the lead not only does it piss off the team it gives the other team the momentum. that type of stuff should not be overlooked because of the scoreboard.

exarkun

xxxstylzxxx said:
Nuggets fans and Knicks fans have something in common tonight.

As a Rugget's fan, I am disappoint. Knicks fan's though, I dunno, they both got robbed pretty equally but the Nugget's game was a for sure bad call. Watch Stern call it back, adjust the points, and say dumb shit like "See, they still win" because he is dumb enough to do it.

The Crimson Blur said:

That's not entirely the same thing as the team still had a chance afterwards.

It's still unfortunate and costly but not the end-all.

SamuraiX-

Gigglepoo said:

Pretty much this.

People are way overreacting to the end of this one.

I forgot how good of a defender K-Mart is. Really stopped Durant in the last few minutes. Whether to keep Perkins in and have K-Mart sag off him to guard Durant or have Ibaka guard Nene is going to be the main question for OKC's coach moving forward.

Gigglepoo

SamuraiX- said:
Pretty much this.

It's still frustrating that the NBA has such poor officiating. I'm not condoning these bad calls in the slightest, I'm just acknowledging that it's a fact of the game. Every team that lost did so because they couldn't execute down the stretch. Rose got to the line 21 fucking times, but if the Pacers didn't fold, they would have won anyway.

SamuraiX- said:
Pretty much this.

Right, so if Vlade could have secured a rebound and not flicked it back, Kings go up 3-1.

I'm sure you felt that way that night.

Wait, of course you didn't.

SamuraiX- said:
Pretty much this.

Well, it's kind of understandable in this thread as people bitch about every call during every early part of the game so you can see why they'd really cry foul at crunch time.

Gigglepoo said:
Yes. I'm a firm believer that one play does not decide a game. Denver played like crap down the stretch and couldn't stop Durant. That's why they lost.

I agree with you. You can always look back and say a team missed FTs here or did something dumb there.

But on the other hand, you can't deny that having a play like that so close to the end of a very well-fought game doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. Denver could have won despite it, but it happened and it's there and it won't go away.

Denver didn't lose because of the refs or that 1 call, but that call was horrible and given the context of everything that was happening, it could have swung the victor.

Gigglepoo

ryutaro's mama said:
Right, so if Vlade could have secured a rebound and not flicked it back, Kings go up 3-1.

The people who are whining right now are not diehard Nuggets fans. Obviously, when you're team gets hosed, you act irrationally. It's part of being a fanatic.

KingGondo

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Will they be black and white/gray???
?

snack said:
Bake me some, brah.
pizza_cookies.jpg

When I saw this on TV, my life changed.

I lost more faith in America.

Gigglepoo said:
It's still frustrating that the NBA has such poor officiating. I'm not condoning these bad calls in the slightest, I'm just acknowledging that it's a fact of the game. Every team that lost did so because they couldn't execute down the stretch. Rose got to the line 21 fucking times,

You act like quanitity means unfairness.

Take away the non-calls and the iffy calls he got(around 2 a piece) and he got to the line as much as he deserved.

Duki

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:

yeah i was gonna say

how can a kings fan of all people be a ref apologist

what the fuck is that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom