• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

Do flowers affect the number of things that can grow in one area?

They shouldn't.

So you can't build stone paths you guys are laying down custom designs that look like it right? Is that the best solution to the grass problem?

I'd think that the tiles would protect against grass wear but... after removing these, you can see that even though I ran over the tiles DAILY, there's still prevalent grass wear. :\

BPYeM8zCYAA_xVr.jpg:large

I'd think that the tiles at least protect it somewhat but there's definitely something going on that's causing the grass wear. My river beds are MUCH worse off from my repeated fishing.

Marvie_3

Banned
They shouldn't.

I'd think that the tiles would protect against grass wear but... after removing these, you can see that even though I ran over the tiles DAILY, there's still prevalent grass wear. :\

BPYeM8zCYAA_xVr.jpg:large

I'd think that the tiles at least protect it somewhat but there's definitely something going on that's causing the grass wear. My river beds are MUCH worse off from my repeated fishing.

It's too bad you can't buy grass seed at the gardening shop.

MicH

If anyone else need to catalog the complete sets of Astro, Stripe and Polka-Dot, I have opened my gates again.

I also have the complete sets of

Rococo
Modern Wood
Modern
Sleek
Minimalist

on hand if anyone needs those.

If anyone else need to catalog the complete sets of Astro, Stripe and Polka-Dot, I have opened my gates again.

Rococo
Modern Wood
Modern
Sleek
Minimalist

I'll swing by and catalog the last of the Stripe furniture I need.

I'd think that the tiles would protect against grass wear but... after removing these, you can see that even though I ran over the tiles DAILY, there's still prevalent grass wear.

Nope. You're essentially just spray painting the grass. From Tumblr: http://mintato.tumblr.com/post/53847364409/a-friendly-reminder-that-patterns-do-not-prevent

tumblr_moyh26bCaH1s839rio3_400.jpg

There are more pictures at the link. This girl was playing a Japanese copy. Personally, I love that it works that way but I don't want anyone getting a false sense of security about paths/patterns.

Looks pretty damn good with the dirt paths in my opinion.

Me, too. Her pictures are what inspired me to finally do paths. I can't wait until it's worn down underneath and I can scrub them out. Then I can line them all properly with fruit trees or azalea bushes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm going to do a mix on natural paths and design paths.

Guess I'll beed to start running more in the area I want natural paths.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Rococo
Modern Wood
Modern
Sleek
Minimalist

If you're going to be at this awhile, I can bring those songs over if you'd like? Just give me like 20ish

bumpkin

Aw, hell yes. I just got the Silver Watering Can. This is awesome.

I feel terrible for playing this at work. :lol
Lucky. I'm still just trying to get the "perfect" rating for my town. Seems like it's the same shit every day no matter how many I build; the townsfolk want more public works projects. Cheap ungrateful mooches. I end up paying for the projects myself because I don't want to wait six months for the AI to fund them.

Lucky. I'm still just trying to get the "perfect" rating for my town. Seems like it's the same shit every day no matter how many I build; the townsfolk want more public works projects. Cheap ungrateful mooches. I end up paying for the projects myself because I don't want to wait six months for the AI to fund them.

The same thing happened to me. Keep on building them, man. Eventually, they'll be satisfied. I'm on day three or four of having a perfect rating.

I don't think the townspeople will pay up for PWPs all too quickly; I've always had to fund the projects myself.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
UGH

My internet just cut out for like 2 seconds for no reason. Fucking shitty ass Comcast dude, I swear....

I'll head back MiCh, sorry about that.

Stat!

Can someone please explain Happy Home Academy?

I have three rooms with 11 pieces from the same set + matching wall/floor (plus stuff in other rooms) but haven't even hit 70,000 points. Does the 11 pieces - Can I repeat some pieces (like 2 minimalist chairs)?

Also if anyone has spare red tulips and/or bamboo shoots, please let me know. I'll gladly pay/trade for them.

If you can wait till later, I have a bunch of red tulips. If you have roses, that's all I need/want.

MicH

I have three rooms with 11 pieces from the same set + matching wall/floor (plus stuff in other rooms) but haven't even hit 70,000 points. Does the 11 pieces - Can I repeat some pieces (like 2 minimalist chairs)?

If you can wait till later, I have a bunch of red tulips. If you have roses, that's all I need/want.
Just cleaned out all my spare flowers :/ But I would love to buy them from you. 500 each?

Koren

You can't grow bushes next to the arch. Same as every other PWP.
That's definitively disappointing, especially for this kind of project :(

The island has them for 5 medals. I can let you in and buy them if you like. :) My island is selling Red and Yellow Hibiscus bushes.
I can't wait for the shop to upgrade to get other kind of bushes than hibiscus. And get them for cheap, rather than farming for medals...

Also I've updated my Dream Code. Still is at 4000 2264 4880
Great... Will definitively pay a visit soon.

There's several way to earn points, including special seasonal objets (in july, putting cicadas in your town boosts the rating, for example)

Could somebody help me catalog the modern wood series or the minimalist series?

I've only got the modern wood table so far but I really dig the style and the customizations at Re-Tails are pretty cool.

For minimalist series I have minimalist sofa, chair and minitable.

I have a modern desk and lamp but they just don't seem as cool as the modern wood series. :\

Philia

Congrats! I also got the gold watering can today too :) Yes it waters 9 flowers at once, I love it! :D

Congrats too! :) I don't know what to do with this silver watering can... I guess I'll give it to my hubby.

Also, my Island is selling both yellow and red hibiscus starts. I'll be touring a bit, and MicH's coming over to buy them too. Or Tour even lol. Anyone is invited to tour with me for a while. :) I don't have Elite Scavengers but I do have Pro Bug Hunt which is the easiest for me to get 12 medals at. (Catch 10 in 5 mins for gold.)

Chopper

I'm going to do a mix on natural paths and design paths.

Guess I'll beed to start running more in the area I want natural paths.
I've gone all natural, and I can tell you, the wear is random as fuck. You can sort of see the paths I've tried to determine, but there are areas where I think should blatantly be bare by now and it simply isn't at all. And the wear that is still to repair since I designed my town is still apparent despite me not walking there for weeks now, watering and all.

zigg

So I got my silver can today, and I kind of hate it. With the planting pattern I'm using, I have to stand on the corner of a diamond, aim directly at the dead zone in the middle, and water, praying the auto-aim doesn't pull me to one side.

It's really wacky that the animation doesn't imply it's doing anything special, too. If you didn't see the water dripping or the sparkles afterward you'd have no idea it was watering any differently.

ALSO. I'm experimenting to see if reds from red* pairs are special. I spawned two from a red* pair this morning (!) and so I've put them together to see if they do anything interesting.

MicH

For flowers? I usually don't want anything for most furnitures, so... there's really no need.

I offer them for free. Especially for you seeing how you're always eager to help...
OK, I hate to take without giving anything so I always offer something no matter what :p

My gate is open right now so you can swing by if you want.

I have the following sets laid out to catalog:
Astro
Polka-Dot
Stripe

I can put more out if you want.

So I got my silver can today, and I kind of hate it. With the planting pattern I'm using, I have to stand on the corner of a diamond, aim directly at the dead zone in the middle, and water, praying the auto-aim doesn't pull me to one side.

It's really wacky that the animation doesn't imply it's doing anything special, too. If you didn't see the water dripping or the sparkles afterward you'd have no idea it was watering any differently.

That's what I started doing this morning when I got mine. It's a bit of a hassle but I guess I'll get used to it.

At least until I get the golden watering can.

Koren

Astro
Polka-Dot
Stripe
OK... coming, just making some room so that I can carry them.

I'm missing I think two astro and two stripe furnitures, that'll make a deal if you want ;)

Astro
Polka-Dot
Stripe

I can put more out if you want.

I wouldn't mind getting the Astro set.

If you have any modern, modern wood or minimalist stuff too I'd like to catalog it. :)

My FC is 1048 8676 6252.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anyone got a spare Megacerops torso or Dinosaur Track.

Not only can I trade spare fossils I can even offer complete dino sets so you can build your own mini dino.

Full sets I have:
Diplodocus
Pachysaurus
Pteranodon
Triceratops
Velociraptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom