• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Bossniak

Rain effect is indeed there. Looks a lot better with it but not seeing a difference in performance the way others are. Probably a placebo.

QuarterlyJoyfulCoot.gif

BlaringAncientHornedviper.gif

Yeah I am not getting this.

antitrop

There might be an issue with the game downclocking memory, possibly related to Gameworks: http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/523890046869403928/

With this in mind I did this and my friend confirmed the exact same results. The default memory clock of the 980Ti is 1753 MHz. I have OCed +250MHz to an effective memory clock speed of 1878 MHz.

As you can see not only do I lose my +250MHz OC on my memory, but I also lose an extra 100 MHz clock on my memory - effectively losing 350 MHz. Batman: Arkham Knight is underclocking my memory on my GPU. This is some ridiculous stuff, and I've seen some bad ports, but this takes the cake. Can anyone else confirm these issues? If so, this is grade A level crap.

SliChillax

If only they could offer the option to disable chromatic aberration and film grain without ruining the whole post process effects.

pahamrick

Wish Batman didn't like such an ugly mutant. Don't know if it's just me but he seems to have a dead look on his face 99% of the time. I don't think there's any facial animation outside of cut-scenes.

Yeah, it was great when someone made a crack in the game about how he has no expression.

AlterOdin

Checking the framerate again, I notice when I rotate to city-landscape view it can tank in the 30 fps, standing there doing nothing in 2 secs it increases to 60 fps, and yet again increases to upward of a 100 fps (in a couple of seconds). Guessing this is streaming texture issue??

Really hope they fix this. As is (with missing effects added) if they can manage to have a stable 60 fps I would be more then happy.

Lagamorph

Wish Batman didn't like such an ugly mutant. Don't know if it's just me but he seems to have a dead look on his face 99% of the time. I don't think there's any facial animation outside of cut-scenes.
It's Batman, hardly the hero of a thoudand expressions. He's supposed to look glum and stoney.

pahamrick

How'd you attach your image to your post? Trying to avoid using the IMG tag.

[-QUOTE]
[/QUOTE] is how I did it.

Can also confirm the downclocking, it happens to my 970 when I have the Smoke/Fog and Interactive Debris gameworks options enabled, which is followed by a hard crash. Oh well, I was hoping that was fixed.

I have been playing with the GTA V drivers with no issues, not even a crash other than when exiting the game. I removed the 30fps lock as well. Going to test out the new patch now

GTX 980 FTW
i7 4790k @ 4.8
16GB ram
Win 8.1

jett

D-Member
It's Batman, hardly the hero of a thoudand expressions. He's supposed to look glum and stoney.

Sure but maybe some more grimacing during physical exertion when in combat would be cool. He is human after all, unless they're some super twist at the end. :p

[-QUOTE]
[/QUOTE.] is how I did it.

Can also confirm the downclocking, it happens to my 970 when I have the Smoke/Fog and Interactive Debris gameworks options enabled, which is followed by a hard crash. Oh well, I was hoping that was fixed.

Use IMG and then QUOTE it to resize automatically.
Thanks. That works. What'd you use for your screen capture if you don't mind me asking? Tried using MSI but for whatever reason it was given me crushed blacks.

Megasoum

Banned
is how I did it.

Thanks. That works. What'd you use for your screen capture if you don't mind me asking? Tried using MSI but for whatever reason it was given me crushed blacks.

Normally I just hit alt-printscreen.

I do have Greenshot installed which is fucking great since it lets you upload to imgur automatically when you take a screenshot. Super quick way to upload screenshots to the internet.

Braag

Enabling in-game AA still diminishes the "bokeh" depth of field effect.

Wasn't the Bokeh DOF all ready weaker on PC version compared to the console versions? At least on picture comparisons it didn't look as impressive on PC and even digital foundry said the DOF looks weaker on PC.

Ugh.

If I uncap the fps through the ini, and cap it at 60 through RTSS, it's smooth but I get the low res texture bug.

If I cap the fps at 60 through the ini, regardless of what I do with RTSS, it's stuttery but it fixes the low res texture bug.

Only way to avoid stuttering AND texture bug is to revert the cap to 30 fps, but...then it's 30 fps.

I guess I'll wait for the next patch and see if anything changes.

jett

D-Member
Wasn't the Bokeh DOF all ready weaker on PC version compared to the console versions? At least on picture comparisons it didn't look as impressive on PC and even digital foundry said the DOF looks weaker on PC.

I think the AA is to blame for that, not sure.

pahamrick

I just use Steam's screenshot tool (F12)

Ugh.

If I uncap the fps through the ini, and cap it at 60 through RTSS, it's smooth but I get the low res texture bug.

If I cap the fps at 60 through the ini, regardless of what I do with RTSS, it's stuttery but it fixes the low res texture bug.

Only way to avoid stuttering AND texture bug is to revert the cap to 30 fps, but...then it's 30 fps.

I guess I'll wait for the next patch and see if anything changes.

Try the tweaks outlined here to help the texture bug when uncapped:
http://steamcommunity.com//app/208650/discussions/0/523890046870624615

CHC

Wow a little goes a long way with the patches. The list of planned fixed sounds about right, I'm glad they're taking this head on instead of being cagey.

Too bad about all this bullshit in the first place though, I was actually kind of excited to play this (last minute hype).

Naedtrax

Banned
Well, the memory downclock seems to be affecting me as well. The second i close the game it goes back up to it's normal amount.

Top Bottom