• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Salsa

absolutely nothing changed in terms of performance

still getting those stutter mini freezes that turn it into a slideshow

*uninstalls*

AO and rain really pretty the game up.

No difference in performance, but I've had it locked at 30fps for a while (and its been very, very solid) so I wouldn't notice a difference even if there was one.

jorimt

I think the AA is to blame for that, not sure.

The comparison screens I posted (here) pre-patch, which showed that the in-game AA diminished light output and obscure fine detail, still applies post-patch. Even with the in-game AA disabled, and SMAA via SweetFX enabled, many light sources are still dimmer when directly compared to the PS4 version. This means the bokeh is also still probably weaker on the PC vs the PS4 version, seeing as that effect's strength entirely depends on how much light output is behind it.

If the latest patch notes are anything to go by, even though they have added the AO and rain effects back, I think they're still working on it (note the text in bold below):

-Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further.

But I'm not complaining. I'm glad to have the majority of missing effects back so quickly, and running a 770 4GB means I can't really run the game above 30 on average as it is (I'm the solid 30, solid 60, or nothing type). With 1/2 refresh rate and max pre-rendered frames at "1" in Nvidia Inspector, and a 30 fps cap via rivatuner, I'm having a near flawless experience, with very little stutter or texture pop-in.

pahamrick

It's really blowing my mind how much the rain stuff and AO adds to overall IQ.

To think, I used to disable AO on some games with my Radeon 5870s for performance.
208650_2015-06-27_000lhpeb.png

208650_2015-06-27_000qur88.png

Corpekata

Banned

pahamrick

They helped a bit with texture streaming it seemed like but not enough. If you actually go to the last few pages you'll see the OP author talking about how that's what he's looking into now.

Doesn't hurt to try, regardless. Still find it weird how varying performance is, even among similarly specced systems.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
There might be an issue with the game downclocking memory, possibly related to Gameworks: http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/523890046869403928/

GPU will downclock itself if its being pushed too hard. It could also reasonably just be an unstable overclock that was never properly tested.

The person should lower their overclock and test again to see if it persists. I know on my old 570 I had a bad overclock and during Kombustor tests my overclock would cut by 1/2.

Well, I'm happy. Haven't had any performance problems (@ 30fps) running at 1620p in my 12 hours of game time, so all I was missing were the graphical effects. Hope those of you who are getting stutters and crashes get a fix soon, tho.

Buburibon

Anyone figure out how to use the 360 controller or DS4Windows wirelessly with this yet? It's only working when I'm plugged in.

My 360 pad is working wirelessly. I'm on Windows 8.1 64-bit, and have no other controllers, gamepads or specialized/gaming mice/keyboards connected to my system.

Corpekata

Banned
Anyone figure out how to use the 360 controller or DS4Windows wirelessly with this yet? It's only working when I'm plugged in.

Works fine innately for me. Might be the computer thinks you have two controllers plugged in. Check your devices and see, have had some games have issues with that. Though it's usually the other way around and bluetooth will work but wired won't for me.

scitek

Ugh.

If I uncap the fps through the ini, and cap it at 60 through RTSS, it's smooth but I get the low res texture bug.

If I cap the fps at 60 through the ini, regardless of what I do with RTSS, it's stuttery but it fixes the low res texture bug.

Only way to avoid stuttering AND texture bug is to revert the cap to 30 fps, but...then it's 30 fps.

I guess I'll wait for the next patch and see if anything changes.

I've resorted to locking it to 30fps at 1440p. Using the rain and light shafts game works only.

How can I check if I downloaded the patch? I'm not seeing any evidence that I did.

I see my current content BuildID is 673395. Is that the latest version?

My 360 pad is working wirelessly. I'm on Windows 8.1 64-bit, and have no other controllers, gamepads or specialized/gaming mice/keyboards connected to my system.

Works fine innately for me. Might be the computer thinks you have two controllers plugged in. Check your devices and see, have had some games have issues with that. Though it's usually the other way around and bluetooth will work but wired won't for me.

Weird. I'll have to check on that. I'm also on Win8.1 64-bit. Thanks for the responses.

The AA actually works quite well now, even reducing the shimmering on Joker's teeth in the intro. But I'm still not a fan of how it diminishes light sources and blurs the rain.

Well the game looks MUCH better now. Its finally on par with the PS4 release. Performance is still wonky, even with the 30 fps cap there are hitches and stutters everywhere for me.

Adding those effects back happened quicker than I thought it would. Here's hoping the rest can get ironed out quickly.

jorimt

The rain effect on the batmobile still isn't as good as the console versions

I just posted this a page back:

If the latest patch notes are anything to go by, even though they have added the AO and rain effects back, I think they're still working on it (note the text in bold below):

"-Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further."

Going by that, yet another unknown bug is continuing to affect the strength of the rain cascades. I'm just glad they're finally present, weak or no. Hopefully the next patch will address this fully.

Is the amount of rain dynamic?

By that I mean could it be raining harder in the PS4 shot than it was in the PC one?

Don't have the game so I can't check myself.

viveks86

I just posted this a page back:

Going by that, yet another unknown bug is continuing to affect the strength of the rain cascades. I'm just glad they're finally present, weak or no. Hopefully the next patch will address this fully.

Hopefully. One would think the effect was an on/off toggle. It seems like it either has multiple layers or the intensity is adjustable.

Is the amount of rain dynamic?

By that I mean could it be raining harder in the PS4 shot than it was in the PC one?

Don't have the game so I can't check myself.

The rainfall itself is dynamic, but the rain effect seems constant regardless of amount of rain.

So rain and ao should be in?

I just loaded it up, no fancy rain, everything on

Am I misinterpreting what the topic is currently saying or am I missing something

EDIT: nevermind, cycled the rain effects and it's working now

New AO looks great too

Nekrono

What the hell… So Is that dynamic too? Hmmm… Will try one more time and see if it's any different

Taking a closer look at your screenshot seems like you're missing some effects like DoF, you game seems "cleaner", do you have everything maxed out? I do, I have the game locked at 30 FPS also, haven't tweaked or changed a thing.

Zomba13

The rain effect on the batmobile still isn't as good as the console versions

http://abload.de/img/batmanak2015-06-2718-ijstx.png[IMG]

Here's the older comparison

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/pcvsxb1szsy7.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Lol. Old PC was clear skies, new PC is just starting to rain/better get your washing off the line and Console is full on raining.

Maybe we'll get full rain someday.

Guffers

I managed to have a quick 2 minute play before. A pretty glaring improvement in my opinion, rain textures and AO are easy to spot.

Also, I haven't touched the ini file. Maybe that's got something to do with you guys who aren't seeing the improvements.

Top Bottom