• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

wazoo

Looks like the streaming issue went away when I changed MaxFPS to 31 along with half refresh rate vsync. Flew around for quite a bit and never saw any problems.

How do you do that ?

Setting 31 in RivaTuner and Adaptive half vsync in Nvidia inspector ?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Guys I think downsampling from 4k is making your film grain disappear because it goes sub-pixel, and the lack of film grain makes it look darker and sharper (aside from the added sharpness of downsampling)

Looks awesome!
HHHHNNNNNNGGGGG

Titan X SLI, 5930K CPU, 16 GB DDR4, 1 TB SSD
Hello Bill Gates.

viveks86

I can't get my head around how many consider 30fps on high end hardware as running 'fine'.

Sorry about my console peasant upbringing ;)

Also, I play on my 4K TV with a gamepad, so 60 isn't mandatory, though it still makes a big difference visually. Unfortunately I can't get stable 60 on this game at any resolution, so I'm going for the 2nd best thing until they fix it. With the game looking like this, I'm finding it impossible to resist:

batmanak2015-06-2801-6az00.png

Titan sli, locked to 30. Money well spent.

Better than Tian SLI and not playing at all :)

Sorry about my console peasant upbringing ;)

Also, I play on my 4K TV with a gamepad, so 60 isn't mandatory, though it still makes a big difference visually. Unfortunately I can't get stable 60 on this game at any resolution, so I'm going for the 2nd best thing until they fix it. With the game looking like this, I'm finding it impossible to resist:

Better than Tian SLI and not playing at all :)
I only built a high-end PC for 60fps multiplats. Honestly, if I can't get that then it was a complete waste of money. I'd rather play on console. 30fps on a machine around 4 times as powerful, and costing around 5 times as much as my console is some sort of sick joke.

GrazGamer

I only built a high-end PC for 60fps multiplats. Honestly, if I can't get that then it was a complete waste of money. I'd rather play on console. 30fps on a machine around 4 times as powerful, and costing around 5 times as much as my console is some sort of sick joke.

How is 4k at 30fps not better than playing on console?

viveks86

Rrrrright. So I'm playing at 4 times the resolution of the console on a TV. But I should rather play at 1080p30 on the same TV, because... "it's a sick joke"? What about all the other games I built the PC for? I didn't build it just for Batman, you know?

Some of you guys get really obsessed with numbers that you come up with all kinds of twisted reasoning to argue

pahamrick

Rrrrright. So I'm playing at 4 times the resolution of the console on a TV. But I should rather play at 1080p30 on the same TV, because... "it's a sick joke"? What about all the other games I built the PC for? I didn't build it just for Batman, you know?

Some of you guys get really obsessed with numbers that you come up with all kinds of twisted reasoning to argue

I agree. Games that I use a controller with feel fine at 30fps. Shit, I've got Batman running downsampled from 2880x1620 (Playing on a 1080p TV) and the IQ is loads better than the console versions.

I think I can tolerate 30fps with a controller for that.

viveks86

I agree. Games that I use a controller with feel fine at 30fps. Shit, I've got Batman running downsampled from 2880x1620 (Playing on a 1080p TV) and the IQ is loads better than the console versions.

I think I can tolerate 30fps with a controller for that.

Yup. And believe me I tried every resolution to run the damn thing at a locked 60. It just wouldn't no matter what. Hopefully they'll fix that in the next week or 2 so that I don't have to sell off my waste of money PC :(

pahamrick

Yup. And believe me I tried every resolution to run the damn thing at a locked 60. It just wouldn't no matter what. Hopefully they'll fix that in the next week or 2 so that I don't have to sell off my waste of money PC :(

Did you try disabling SLI and setting the second Titan X to a physx card? SLI is completely broken at the moment and actually harms performance. If I drop the res down to 1080p, remove the 30fps lock and use all the tweaks on the steam forums I can get pretty close to a locked 60 (DIps into the mid to low 50s when using Batmobile), but I'd rather have the downsampling and a perm locked 30.

Pjsprojects

The patch means I can now play the game! Not a single crash in over an hour.
Stutters still when I glide or in Bat mobile but I don't have it installed on an ssd yet. Got graphics set to all the best settings.

Glad I stayed with my cheapo Steam version instead of buying it on console for a fortune.

FX8350
8 gig
R9-290x

Brakus

Banned
The patch means I can now play the game! Not a single crash in over an hour.
Stutters still when I glide or in Bat mobile but I don't have it installed on an ssd yet. Got graphics set to all the best settings.

Glad I stayed with my cheapo Steam version instead of buying it on console for a fortune.

FX8350
8 gig
R9-290x

An SSD won't help jack tbh, I had a locked 60 until I hit the Batmobile, frame rate appauling, that's with an SSD and the 980 and 3770K all heavily OC'd.

Pjsprojects

An SSD won't help jack tbh, I had a locked 60 until I hit the Batmobile, frame rate appauling, that's with an SSD and the 980 and 3770K all heavily OC'd.

If it's not worth the bother of moving the game to ssd then I await the next patch.

Whats the line that needs adding to Steam so the intro gets skipped?
Was posted a few pages ago but can't find it now.

holygeesus

Banned
Probably not related to the patch, but just had my very first CTD with this game. During one of the cat-woman/riddler puzzles (the physics one?) I think AngryJoe had a problem with that area in one of his videos, so seems replicable. Threw a D3D error at me.

Evo X

Fuck it. Just reset the ini files and now running it maxed at 4K at 30fps.

You get used to it after a while and it doesn't feel that bad with an xbox controller. Looks spectacular now.

viveks86

Did you try disabling SLI and setting the second Titan X to a physx card? SLI is completely broken at the moment and actually harms performance. If I drop the res down to 1080p, remove the 30fps lock and use all the tweaks on the steam forums I can get pretty close to a locked 60 (DIps into the mid to low 50s when using Batmobile), but I'd rather have the downsampling and a perm locked 30.

I did. I am using the second card for PhysX. FPS fluctuations simply don't play well with my TV. Any variable framerate causes insane tearing and stuttering, so locked 30 is pretty much my only option till Rocksteady comes through.

Pjsprojects

Probably for the best, I'm gonna wait until it's completely fixed, The Witcher 3 is the saviour in all of this.

Funny enough I had my first hard lock crash last night in Witcher 3
right at the end of the Botchling section
Can't grumble really.

Genio88

Don't know what's wrong with this game, i'm about 15 hours in and i had 0 crash, 0 texure problems, frame rate is solid at 30fps with just a few dips and stutter when i'm on the batmobile with smoke particles everywhere, but nothing unplayable or so worse than other games i've seen. I'm playing it installed on SSD with GTX 980 and i7 4770k at1440p(downsampled in a 1080p TV) with everything maxed out and gameworks on.
I don't think this is the crap everybody is describing

18594505724_dbd6f194c6_o.png

viveks86

So beside streaming issues, the game looks now no worse than ps4 version yes?

The rain shader is still inconsistent. Sometimes it shows up in all its glory and other times it's barely there. Other than that every things looks just as good or better

CUD

Banned
It's so weird that people are saying they don't see any issues with this game then also say that they're playing it at 30fps on a high end PC and still getting some stuttering from time to time. If you have such a high end PC and can only run this at 30fps and still have stuttering then there's an issue whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

holygeesus

Banned
Don't know what's wrong with this game, i'm about 15 hours in and i had 0 crash, 0 texure problems, frame rate is solid at 30fps with just a few dips and stutter when i'm on the batmobile with smoke particles everywhere, but nothing unplayable or so worse than other games i've seen. I'm playing it installed on SSD with GTX 980 and i7 4770k at1440p(downsampled in a 1080p TV) with everything maxed out and gameworks on.

18594505724_dbd6f194c6_o.png

If that were true, why would WB go to the massive expense of removing the game from sale?

I had zero problems before the hard crash earlier, so your time might still come anyway.

pahamrick

It's so weird that people are saying they don't see any issues with this game then also say that they're playing it at 30fps on a high end PC and still getting some stuttering from time to time. If you have such a high end PC and can only run this at 30fps and still have stuttering then there's an issue whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

Pretty much. I can tolerate 30fps, but when completely unlocked my FPS can jump from 118 to 52 just by rotating the camera slightly. If wouldn't have been pulled otherwise.

4770k and gtx980 for 30 fps? You should be getting much more performance, even maxed out.

Did you read what you wrote?
i7
SSD

and you're presumably fine with 30fps + dips/stutter ? On a UE3 game in 2015? WTF?

The game is a trainwreck on PC, pulled from sales (unprecedented, especially considering the brand and publisher), myriad of issues and its rightfully getting all the flak.

Oh and, "it works for me, what's wrong with you people" is a flawed argument in general.

Even with the new patch I still can't seem to get any longer than 5 minutes of play time from this game.

i7 2600K
GTX 980Ti
8Gb RAM
Game is installed to a HDD

But every 5 minutes I just get a black screen and a low memory warning,

I'm really disappointed.

Even with the new patch I still can't seem to get any longer than 5 minutes of play time from this game.

i7 2600K
GTX 980Ti
8Gb RAM
Game is installed to a HDD

But every 5 minutes I just get a black screen and a low memory warning,

I'm really disappointed.
Check your Windows Page File Size/Allocation.

Top Bottom