• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Zakalwe

Banned
Jesus, their response to Origins patches... did they ever go back on that and actually patch the issues?

I'm glad I got this game free, I don't think I'll be able to give WB any more of my money...

Vex_

Banned
Älg;170545826 said:
WB doesn't owe it to us to fix the game. They will, because that's probably what's best for them, but they don't have to compensate us in any way, and thinking that they do is just naive.

On behalf of all juniors on GAF, I apologize for this post.

Batman: Arkham Knight - "PC Accolades" TV Spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st5_sX7-xC0

oh boy LOL

91409-magneto-perfection-gif-imgur-Y5qQ.gif

Älg;170545826 said:
WB doesn't owe it to us to fix the game. They will, because that's probably what's best for them, but they don't have to compensate us in any way, and thinking that they do is just naive.
Do you realize what you're typing? What the hell is this? They most definitely owe all the customers to make a game that's not a broken piece of unfinished shit. Noone buys a game to run like shit on a titan x.

kinggroin

Banned
Do you realize what you're typing? What the hell is this? They most definitely owe all the customers to make a game that's not a broken piece of unfinished shit. Noone buys a game to run like shit on a titan x.

His point is that the game runs and after that, they aren't obligated to do more for the customer, much less make sure it runs acceptably on a Titan X specifically.

AU Tiger

So I got around to trying the game out last night

System:

16g vengeance ram
Gigabyte 980 @ 1400~ish core

All game settings maxed out. Tested it at 1440 first and then 1080p. Benchmark test shows 45fps avg @ 1440p and 56fps @ 1080p

I made the ini file changes listed in OP and I noticed some of them were already at or near values suggested in the OP. I'm wondering if the first patch addressed some of the things that those INI file changes were aimed at?

Also very weird that the benchmark runs unlocked FPS but the game is essentially locked at 30. I unlocked the frame rate and average around 50 or so when driving and high 50's to 60 on roofs and stuff.

The film grain effect is absolutely atrocious though.

My Ti shows up today so hopefully I can jump back up to 1440p and have a smooth~ish 60fps. I also didn't experience hardly any stuttering or lagging with the batmobile intro scene like a couple of videos were showing.

Wavebossa

So I got around to trying the game out last night

System:

16g vengeance ram
Gigabyte 980 @ 1400~ish core

All game settings maxed out. Tested it at 1440 first and then 1080p. Benchmark test shows 45fps avg @ 1440p and 56fps @ 1080p

I made the ini file changes listed in OP and I noticed some of them were already at or near values suggested in the OP. I'm wondering if the first patch addressed some of the things that those INI file changes were aimed at?

Also very weird that the benchmark runs unlocked FPS but the game is essentially locked at 30. I unlocked the frame rate and average around 50 or so when driving and high 50's to 60 on roofs and stuff.

The film grain effect is absolutely atrocious though.

My Ti shows up today so hopefully I can jump back up to 1440p and have a smooth~ish 60fps. I also didn't experience hardly any stuttering or lagging with the batmobile intro scene like a couple of videos were showing.

What's your VRAM usage during gameplay? This is the only question that matters.

FPS during the benchmark means virtually nothing unfortunately. However it is a good sign that you are not experiencing the massive dips that most others are. Maybe there is hope on the horizon.

AU Tiger

What's your VRAM usage during gameplay? This is the only question that matters.

FPS during the benchmark means virtually nothing unfortunately. However it is a good sign that you are not experiencing the massive dips that most others are. Maybe there is hope on the horizon.

AFterburner shows all 4 gigs consumed nearly instantly at either resolution. I anticipate that all 6 will get eaten with the Ti tonight.

seph1roth

This is annoying.

I started 3 new games after the patch but at some point of the first mission the Batsuit textures are gone, and the water effects too!

WTF

TB8QZEC.jpg

AU Tiger

This is annoying.

I started 3 new games after the patch but at some point of the first mission the Batsuit textures are gone, and the water effects too!

WTF

TB8QZEC.jpg

Did you unlock the frame rate? If so, did you make the ini changes listed in the OP?

I've seen a lot of examples of improper texture streaming yet saw none of it last night (I did makde the ini file changes)

All the textures on everything were sharp and high res,
even Kanye

seph1roth

Ok i locked the framerate to 30fps and the batsuit looks good now, idk if the water effects are still broken, it's hard for me to see them.

But it seems like water in the batsuit works, but the batmobile is other thing, it seems less "watered".

Probably i'm just crazy with so many crap around this game.

JohngPR

Those of you that asked for a refund at GMG, did you receive it yet?

I was told that it would be refunded to my paypal account within 24 hours and that was 5 days ago. :\

Ok i locked the framerate to 30fps and the batsuit looks good now, idk if the water effects are still broken, it's hard for me to see them.

But it seems like water in the batsuit works, but the batmobile is other thing, it seems less "watered".

Probably i'm just crazy with so many crap around this game.

THe water effects are highly inconsistent still for everyone. You are not alone in that regard.

seph1roth

THe water effects are highly inconsistent still for everyone. You are not alone in that regard.

Good to know...

More funny stuff, sometimes the game crashes at start and makes my PC crash itself, with this blue screen error:

"driver irql not less or equal"

I thought that this happened as a result of a bad overclock of my 970...idk. I followed this guide, with the same GPU model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiBrMrsj86Y

Also, is there any reason that while i'm driving the Batmobile the FPS are locked to 30? When i'm flying or walking the framerate is unlocked...wtf.

I changed the ini files suggested in the OP, so...strange.

Älg

Well it certainly did not perform how it was advertised to. Considering the broken state it was released in, could it not be said that they owe us what was advertised? Not only by them but also by Nvidia with their promotion of the gameworks features in a 60fps video when the game not only released with a 30fps cap but struggled to meet even 30fps on PCs well beyond the recommended specs, not to mention the various texture streaming issues too.

It's definitely what's best for them and I would say they at least owe us that for the money we spent on it but I certainly don't expect or feel they owe us anymore than that.

In some places it is illegal to misrepresent the product you sell

umm excuse me?

On behalf of all juniors on GAF, I apologize for this post.

Maybe my post was a bit rash; there's obviously a lot of nuace to this. First of all I just want to say that any claim if false advertisment obviously isn't true, unless I've missed something. Nothing of what they've shown is unattainable. Sure, it might take $6000 to do so, but that's totally irrelevant.

What I wanted to say was that we live in a world where most of the responsibility is on the consumer. You buy the products that you think are good, and it's up to you to do your own research. If the prodyct you bought doesn't work to a degree that satisfies you then that's your own fault. Maybe you should have done more research, or, in the worst case scenario, you get a refund.

That's what I'm getting at. You bought a broken product; that's your own fault. If this bothers you you don't call the manufacturer and force them to fix it, and you ceratainly don't ask them to give you a bunch of free stuff as "compensation". Instead, you call them and ask for a refund. Get a refund.

There's probabaly a lot I'm missing here, but this is where I'm currently at.

So... Having played for a good deal more now with 16GB of RAM the frame rate has been slightly more stable now that it isn't hitting my page file (on my SSD) at all and I've not seen the game dip into the slower 512MB partition of the 970's memory but that also might be because of my disabling the shitty AA and the GameWorks smoke/fog and I just didn't notice it until after I put in new RAM. I did notice that when I go into a building my GPU is down clocking by like 500Mhz (from 1417/1430) which I don't recall happening before.

Tempted to see how the game would run at 60FPS on my end but still I think I'll still wait on the patch for it.

Batman: Arkham Knight - "PC Accolades" TV Spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st5_sX7-xC0

oh boy LOL

That was awesome... I lost it at that ending.

Sources: Warner Bros. Knew That Arkham Knight PC Was A Mess For Months

http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-br..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

To what should be to the surprise of no one.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
how can i turn CA and grain filter off? if i remember correctly someone posted a screenshot with it off but i cant find the post

and those are? i really want to know because it would not bother me as long as i can get rid of that heinous effect

It would turn off colour grading and, as far as I know, depth of field and perhaps even motionblur.

Given how the game's art seems to have been designed around the colour grading... I think it looks a bit funky with out it.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
It would turn off colour grading and, as far as I know, depth of field and perhaps even motionblur.

Given how the game's art seems to have been designed around the colour grading... I think it looks a bit funky with out it.
thanks for that info, do you know how to turn it off? lol

Parsnip

Original post here, but here are the pictures.

DoF True
bak_dof_true_2015_06_24_00002_by_majorparsnip-d8ykjng.jpg

DoF False
bak_dof_false_2015_06_24_00003_by_majorparsnip-d8ykjod.jpg

Here's what happens.
That's because you've turned off the DOFAndBloomEffect component of Unreal, and the child UberPostProcessEffect. You've lost scene colour, tonemapping, bloom, DoF, CA and motion blur.

thanks for that info, do you know how to turn it off? lol
If you really want to, you can edit the ini and set depth of field to false. It will look like ass though.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
Original post here, but here are the pictures.

Here's what happens.

If you really want to, you can edit the ini and set depth of field to false. It will look like ass though.
thanks for the info, a question, how can i monitor the framerate when the nvidia effects are on? because when they're on nor riva tuner or fraps work

Any way to force better AA into this game aside from sweetfx? The in-game AA looks horrible with jaggies all over the place.

thanks for the info, a question, how can i monitor the framerate when the nvidia effects are on? because when they're on nor riva tuner or fraps work

You can use the steam overlay to show the fps.

I just wouldn't even mess with this game on PC until they put out a substantial patch or two. Its not worth the headaches that many of you seem to be having.

jett

D-Member
I managed to do the ACE Chemicals section without major stuttering. This game is really pretty and plays really nicely. According to fraps, if it wasn't for stuttering, it'd be running at 60fps on my 280X. :/ Once I left ACE memory leakage engaged and my game died though.

Also, this is no good at 30fps. 60fps is a must.

Top Bottom