• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

~Kinggi~

Banned
I actually went back and beat Arkham Origins while I wait for Knight to reach its best state. I briefly considered rolling the dice and just playing through. But I realized I really love these Batman games and want to play the best possible version. Hence buying it on PC. I have enough of a backlog that I don't feel the wait too keenly.

P.S. Actually I really enjoyed Origins. Did this game have a bad reputation or something?

I actually just installed Origins tonight and started playing it. Never actually played it before. Will play it while i wait for Knight.

Spaghetti

i guess i can wait a few more weeks. never buying a WB PC game full price ever again though. if at all. already scratched mad max off the list

viveks86

Those sure are a lot of words that say absolutely nothing at all.

It says quite a lot and I know you are smart enough to comprehend it. But yes, lets all just blindly dismiss a much needed progress update that is meant to reassure people that fixes are coming in the near future, because we are angry customers and that's what we do.

Spoo

It says quite a lot and I know you are smart enough to comprehend it. But yes, lets all just blindly dismiss a much needed progress update that is meant to reassure people that fixes are coming in the near future, because we are angry customers and that's what we do.

Agreed. I wasn't expecting an ETA on the big patch, but knowing that the season pass content release time has been pushed back for PC (as expected) is what I was hoping to learn from an update.

viveks86

Agreed. I wasn't expecting an ETA on the big patch, but knowing that the season pass content release time has been pushed back for PC (as expected) is what I was hoping to learn from an update.

Yup. It also indicates that we might actually get broad ETAs next week and that anyone playing right now expecting a patch in the next few days should probably hold off, or know that they might end up beating the game without the fixes in place.

Given how deep-rooted the issues seemed to be, I'm actually a little surprised that they claim to be close to addressing the major problems.

Also, whoever is running damage control on their side gets my vote of approval. They've handled this disaster quite meticulously in terms of quick decisions, ownership and language. Whether they truly mean it or not is a different matter, but they are at least saying it with the appropriate level of detail and sincerity

viveks86

You think that's mutually exclusive?

They will have to run a second QA pass after the fixes are in place, given that the fixes will affect the dlc performance as well. So they have 2 choices, neither of them ideal. Release the dlc to honor the few people who still chose to complete the game on PC, or hold it off, make sure it works well with the fixed version and release it when its ready, so that they don't risk another round of frustration and backlash. Given they have already pulled the game off the shelves, it is the right call imo

Parsnip

Eh. What could they say? They can't give a date, because if they miss it, that would just make the situation worse.

They could say "Sorry! Still working on it!" but that hardly makes a difference.

As expected.
But yeah, it's good to know that they are not doing what they did with Oranges, at least not yet.

An update basically saying to wait until next week to get the real update that will actually maybe say something.....
sf1I2zH.gif

Granted, if not for this whole disaster I wouldn't have bought The Witcher 3 on a whim, so I guess I should be thanking WB for basically forcing me to seek out alternative gaming options.

sf1I2zH.gif

Granted, if not for this whole disaster I wouldn't have bought The Witcher 3 on a whim, so I guess I should be thanking WB for basically forcing me to seek out alternative gaming options.

Oh man. I may be LTTP but that GIF is brilliant. I thought it just hadn't buffered.

Did WB release a GIF port on PC??

Joey Ravn

Banned
What I really can't comprehend is that many people on WB's forums are thanking, even praising, the way WB and Rocksteady are handling this.

They release a game they know is broken and are glad to take your $100 for the premium edition. They remove the game from Steam and physical stores. They go basically radio silent for two weeks, and then delay the DLC on the platform, even for people who are playing the game right now (in whatever state it may be). And then, if we're lucky, we're going to get an update on the update in two weeks time.

Yeah, thank you, WB and Rocksteady! Next time, try some vaseline first, though.

i guess i dont understand the point of delaying the dlc. Isnt it being made by a completely different studio? Or is it just that they havent even tested it yet on PC, due to fixing the base game

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Come on devs. Sort this game out. I'm fed up hearing how great this game is from my PS4 owning mates at work.

i guess i dont understand the point of delaying the dlc. Isnt it being made by a completely different studio? Or is it just that they havent even tested it yet on PC, due to fixing the base game

Yeah, they need to fix the base game first.

What I really can't comprehend is that many people on WB's forums are thanking, even praising, the way WB and Rocksteady are handling this.

They release a game they know is broken and are glad to take your $100 for the premium edition. They remove the game from Steam and physical stores. They go basically radio silent for two weeks, and then delay the DLC on the platform, even for people who are playing the game right now (in whatever state it may be). And then, if we're lucky, we're going to get an update on the update in two weeks time.

Yeah, thank you, WB and Rocksteady! Next time, try some vaseline first, though.

The internet is full of suck ups.

twdnewh_k

I too started Origins just recently. It's a great port.

I am alternating between my desktop and 860m laptop, and even on that I can get almost stable 60fps with almost max settings. Such a shame this turned out like that.

DOA

I too started Origins just recently. It's a great port.

I am alternating between my desktop and 860m laptop, and even on that I can get almost stable 60fps with almost max settings. Such a shame this turned out like that.

ehm, maybe now it's a great port, but at the beginning they also had many game braking bugs:
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/warner-apologizes-for-batmans-bugs-fixes-incoming
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/01/fixes-incoming-for-batman-arkham-origins-problems

and myself had to restart the game several time to continue the main story, since a bug stopped the quest triggers from working

and btw (hopefully this won't happen again, but as the past taught us, it will):
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ba...-fix-several-game-breaking-bugs/1100-6417619/

scitek

ehm, maybe now it's a great port, but at the beginning they also had many game braking bugs:
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/warner-apologizes-for-batmans-bugs-fixes-incoming
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/01/fixes-incoming-for-batman-arkham-origins-problems

and myself had to restart the game several time to continue the main story, since a bug stopped the quest triggers from working

There are still game-breaking bugs if you're going for 100%. I was just trying to collect a Riddler trophy since I was next to it in my playthrough last week, and it turned out one of the electric gates that was supposed to deactivate when I broke a terminal didn't and the only way to fix it would be to restart the game.

The game can't be purchased anymore. Why would they add more content that can't be purchased?

Yes, I know that season pass owners would be able to get it, but they probably feel like they need to fix the game first to not upset most people. It would only end up making them look bad if they released more content before fixing the game.

The game can't be purchased anymore. Why would they add more content that can't be purchased?
Because it's already been purchsed through pre-orders and the season pass is still purchasable on Steam and other outlets, iirc.

They already look bad. Not giving people what they already paid for will be worse for those who want what they paid/can still pay for.

Regginator

So out of nowhere my brother got the "ArkhamKnight.exe stops working" or something and he can't play it any more. Weird, I've played it for 30 hour and never encountered that problem and my brother already played it for like 5 hours before that problem. He's reinstalling it now to see if it fixes the issue, but it's a weird issue that drops out of nowhere.

Corpekata

Banned
If you don't get it, that's the sort of overwrought dialogue they gave Scarecrow to say in the game all the time while you're off putzing around with Riddler trophies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Is this supposed to be funny? Fuck that guy. You don't get to make jokes like that after releasing the most broken piece of shit all year.

Edit: Its fake, I redact my rage.

Because it's already been purchsed through pre-orders and the season pass is still purchasable on Steam and other outlets, iirc.

They already look bad. Not giving people what they already paid for will be worse for those who want what they paid/can still pay for.

You can not purchase the season pass on Steam or any other outlet.

Is this supposed to be funny? Fuck that guy. You don't get to make jokes like that after releasing the most broken piece of shit all year.

It's FAKE.

Edit: Typed before your edit.

robotrock

Banned
I'll be really bummed if they don't bring the DLC to PC because it doesn't run well for some people.

Seems to be delayed with no clear set date yet.

Our continued focus on getting the right PC fixes in place for the main game has had an impact on the development of all DLC content for the PC version of the game. This means that the Batman: Arkham Knight – Batgirl: A Matter of Family DLC will not be available on July 14th for those who are currently playing the PC version of the game. We apologize for the delay and only want to make sure that any content that we offer is up to the standards that PC players expect.
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...C-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/605229#U605229

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If only they cared about standards for PC players 3 weeks ago.

kamspy

Why didn't our PC gaming community get Bethesda to pull Morowind from the market when it ran like dogshit for most people?

kamspy

I think it sets a bad precedent.

A lot of my favorite PC games never got their shit together.

STALKER, GTA, Every Bethesda game, Crysis, Dark Souls etc.

mortis316uk

Neo Member
I think it sets a bad precedent.

A lot of my favorite PC games never got their shit together.

STALKER, GTA, Every Bethesda game, Crysis, Dark Souls etc.

So maybe they'd have fixed them if they actually lost some money - gamers on all formats should stop accepting broken games as the norm.

Top Bottom