• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Zakalwe

Banned
Sorry for confusing you, haha. Carry on.

It's easily done, don't worry.

Gemüsepizza;171712424 said:
Are we still talking about Batman: Arkham Knight here? Because the framerate drops in this game feel stuttery to me. There might be some cases in other games where this might not be the case, but why does this matter here? Right, it doesn't.

We're talking about PC performance and trying to get people to all use the same (read:correct) terminology so we can avoid confusion.

That would be my iphone 6 not the game tearing. Look at my past post I never said it was solid 60fps I average 50fps and it dips doesn't mean it is stuttering or unplayable as many like to claim for everyone that is playing on PC.

what in gods name are you talking about in this thread?

Zakalwe

Banned
Gemüsepizza;171712925 said:
There is no confusion. Just some wannabe know-it-all who seems to be bored.

Maybe you should get a hobby then instead of causing pointless fights on neogaf. :3

Alrighty, the game doesn't stutter at all for you. Consider yourself incredibly lucky!

I see a little stutter in his footage. My game has started to stutter like crazy since I hit post game free roam, memory leak is causing it (VRAM is maxed constantly).

It wasn't before. Really irritating.

T.O.P

Banned
Seeing keys going for 13€ is making it hard to resist the purchase lol

Wondering if keeping the game Maxed at 1080p with locked 30fps would make it for a decent experience on a 970?

Seeing keys going for 13€ is making it hard to resist the purchase lol

Wondering if keeping the game Maxed at 1080p with locked 30fps would make it for a decent experience on a 970?

From what I've played on my 970 with maximum visual settings at 1080p and a 60fps cap, it is extremely playable...until the known memory leak crashes the game.

GrazGamer

i5 4670k 4.4GHz
Asus Gryphon
8GB RAM
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Ti G1
Windows 8.1

The game stutters all the time when flying around the city and driving the batmobile.
Playing in 2560 x 1440.

What are you expecting? A locked 60 at that res?

Cap it at 60 and set your vsync to half refresh rate, it will be a lot better.

I'm only get frame drops the moment enhanced smoke. Kicks in. Any fix to this because it's not a problem with my system because I can generate that smoke all day after its started and keep a looked 30fps

MoonGred

I've got a similar setup and the game drops from 60 to 20 in the batmobile, it used to be playable until the memory leak kicked in but it seems that it kicks in after 5minutes now.

I get where you're coming from and had this mind set with my 970,but the game performance exactly the same on my 980ti, changing settings does jack shit.
And yea I was expecting a locked 60 with a 980ti at 1440p.

I've got a similar setup and the game drops from 60 to 20 in the batmobile, it used to be playable until the memory leak kicked in but it seems that it kicks in after 5minutes now.

I get where you're coming from and had this mind set with my 970,but the game performance exactly the same on my 980ti, changing settings does jack shit.
And yea I was expecting a locked 60 with a 980ti at 1440p.

He'd get locked 60 at 1440p if they fix it. The game right now isn't demanding. It just has performance issues. That's why changing settings dont really do much.

A 980ti should be able to get 4k 60fps in this game. My 970 gets 18-30 fps at 4k with aliasing off and all gameworks except rain off. I do run out of memory real quick tho.

Edit: Ah was supposed to be to the guy you were quoting. My bad.

psp12345

I´m expecting it to at least never drop below 30 FPS. Now the game literally just stops for a small moment and sometimes drops below 10 FPS. I can play The Witcher 3 and GTA V that's better looking and never go below 30 FPS.

I'll try with your suggested settings and see if it will run better.

baphomet

Yes, of course he should expect locked 60 at 1440.

Stop recommending to cap a PC game at 30. If we wanted to do that we wouldn't have removed the cap to begin with.

GrazGamer

I´m expecting it to at least never drop below 30 FPS. Now the game literally just stops for a small moment and sometimes drops below 10 FPS. I can play The Witcher 3 and GTA V that's better looking and never go below 30 FPS.

I'll try with your suggested settings and see if it will run better.

Make sure you turn of the Gameworks stuff too. You can run buttery smooth 4K at 30 fps with a 980ti, I assure you.

Stop recommending to cap a PC game at 30. If we wanted to do that we wouldn't have removed the cap to begin with.

So you're playing at smooth frame rates above 30? I suspect not.

Capping at 30 fps, as MANY people with high end hardware have done, is an acceptable solution just now for smooth gameplay.

You're not happy to do that then fair enough but lose the attitude, I just offered a solution some people are happy with, for now.

I got my steam code for this game before my new 970 is here. What can I expect on my 7850 until then? 1080p@60fps on high with some dips in the 50's?

batman-trollface.png

b0bbyJ03

I am at 4K @ 60FPS full settings on one 980Ti No stutter or hiccups. As stated before the stutter comes from the FPS dropping to 0.

Here is mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y4Rq8b7x1c

All I see is tearing and stutter. Maybe you're not sensitive to it. If this is what other people consider good performance then it explains all the back and forth in this thread. Some people are happy with this, others are not. Also, I see people arguing over the difference between stuttering and fps drops... regardless of what is what, the experience is not smooth/locked and at the end of the day that is what I'm personally not happy about considering my 980 can't do what a PS4 is doing. Thanks for the video.

I played the first 2 hours this weekend. It's playable but has massive slowdowns when I smoke the tires on the batmobile. I'm still enjoying it though. 780, gen 1 i7, ssd. No stuttering, generally around 30 fps with batmobile dips. I use the geoforce recommended settings except I chose 1080p (they suggested 900p).

Whenever this version gets fixed, I'm going to delete my file and start fresh and play this game the way it's meant to be played. I was only a little over 2 hours in the story.

Wavebossa

I am at 4K @ 60FPS full settings on one 980Ti No stutter or hiccups. As stated before the stutter comes from the FPS dropping to 0.

Here is mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y4Rq8b7x1c

It's posts like this that explain why there is even a debate about how broken this port is. People clearly don't even realize how bad performance looks.

And that's OK for you. If you are not sensitive to bad performance, consider yourself lucky!

My own brother cannot tell the difference between his Iphone headphones and my ShureSE425s.

But that doesn't mean the difference doesn't exist.

I mean, my god your video has some of the worst screen tearing i've seen in this game/ But hey, like I said, if you, by some miracle, don't notice this, good for you!!

cyen

No one no matter what rig can play this 1080p 60fps stable, it´s this bad for everyone, we are not talking about games that have terrible performance for a percentage of the userbase, it´s the same for ALL the userbase. A game is not pulled from sale because 10% of the gamers can´t play the game in a semi stable performance.

tariniel

I was just given a free steam code by a friend who got a new graphics card and came to see if I should wait... looks like I should.

I have a GTX 680 2gb / i5-2500k / 16gb ram, and if a 980 can't run this thing at 1080 without stutters, my card will probably explode attempting the same or 1440p.

I'm really excited to play it when it gets fixed though!

Älg

It's posts like this that explain why there is even a debate about how broken this port is. People clearly don't even realize how bad performance looks.

And that's OK for you. If you are not sensitive to bad performance, consider yourself lucky!

My own brother cannot tell the difference between his Iphone headphones and my ShureSE425s.

But that doesn't mean the difference doesn't exist.

I mean, my god your video has some of the worst screen tearing i've seen in this game/ But hey, like I said, if you, by some miracle, don't notice this, good for you!!

This isn't about screen tearing; that isn't even an issue. All games have screen tearing, and it is equally as simple to fix between all games.

I was just given a free steam code by a friend who got a new graphics card and came to see if I should wait... looks like I should.

I have a GTX 680 2gb / i5-2500k / 16gb ram, and if a 980 can't run this thing at 1080 without stutters, my card will probably explode attempting the same or 1440p.

I'm really excited to play it when it gets fixed though!

There is definitely a chance that the game will run okay on your PC. As long as you are fortunate enough to not have any stuttering the game will run fine, depending on how picky you are. I have a 680 and a 3570k at 4.3 GHz, and I run the game quite comfortably at 30 FPS with a mix of high a medium settings. I can even use the gameworks stuff, save for smoke.

The tricky thing here is that we don't really know how widespread these issues are. Obviously there are at least a few people who can run the game just fine. For all we know it could even be the majority, but at the end of the day it's just a matter of if you're willing to take the risk.

Protomanx13

Neo Member
No fix for memory leak yet :/
I hope they release something till this weekend.
Next time just delay it..

Nay. My guess is the majority of the team is hard at work on the console dlc while a small team is working on the pc port. If the news is true that Iron Galaxy Studios was given 8 week to work on the pc port, we wouldn't see this game releasing at least for another 2 months.

If you look at GTA V pc release, it took them 5 months after the PS4 release and this is coming from a team who are not prioritizing dlc content plus a far bigger dev team than Rocksteady/Iron Galaxy

This thread really isn't about fixes in the interim anymore, but I've been using this tool to combat hitching and it's helped a lot:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/523890046870624615/

The tool automates everything in this guy's guide — just make sure your .ini files aren't read only. The only problem I've noticed is when gliding, Batman's cape intermittently twitches strangely. Considering there's no way to know how long WB is going to be fucking around with the game, this might help people enough to have the game really playable.

mr stroke

Can't wait any longer

i4770k
16gb Ram
SLI Titan X's
DELL UP2715K

Max with all Gameworks on: getting 24-30 fps @ 5k

No hitching or stuttering, game looks incredible, hoping for a patch soon with major performance improvements

b0bbyJ03

I thought I read last week that WB was going to provide some kind of update as to what is going on this week. Is that true or was that just in my head?

d00d3n

Can't wait any longer

i4770k
16gb Ram
SLI Titan X's
DELL UP2715K

Max with all Gameworks on: getting 24-30 fps @ 5k

No hitching or stuttering, game looks incredible, hoping for a patch soon with major performance improvements

Do you use one of the Titans for dedicated physx? If not, it will probably improve your frame rate if you change to dedicated physx.

Vuze

Any one else getting micro freezes shortly followed by a game crash when using the shock gadget in a combo? Have had this happen twice to me within the last 30mins now

Corpekata

Banned
Nothing like a freeze or crash but I and a few others in this thread have some sort of microstutter every time a quick gadget is used in combat.

Vuze

Nothing like a freeze or crash but I and a few others in this thread have some sort of microstutter every time a quick gadget is used in combat.
Hm, yeah, I'd consider it more than a mere stutter but I guess I'm not alone with this then. smh

b0bbyJ03

You do know the week isn't over yet, right?

I was asking if I was right about it or not. I didn't imply they lied or anything. I actually wasn't sure if I remembered right. So I'm actually just wondering, did they say they would be providing an update this week?

Parsnip

I was asking if I was right about it or not. I didn't imply they lied or anything. I actually wasn't sure if I remembered right. So I'm actually just wondering, did they say they would be providing an update this week?

I haven't heard anything, but I haven't been following too closely.

jett

D-Member
Will be a month next week since this debacle, without a fix in sight. I wonder exactly how much of a delay did the PC version need.

roytheone

They indeed said that this week we will get an update which should go into a little more detail about what exactly they are working on. Hopefully it will be more than the previous useless updates that were little more than "we are still working on it, hold tight!".

Parsnip

They indeed said that this week we will get an update which should go into a little more detail about what exactly they are working on. Hopefully it will be more than the previous useless updates that were little more than "we are still working on it, hold tight!".

Where did they say that?

Top Bottom