• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

spannicus

This is a shitty situation smh. All those involved i dub thee lame! Is it such a hard thing to release games when they are ready? Its now practice to release a game and just patch patch patch away until you get a complete product.

b0bbyJ03

They indeed said that this week we will get an update which should go into a little more detail about what exactly they are working on. Hopefully it will be more than the previous useless updates that were little more than "we are still working on it, hold tight!".

Thanks! Hope its good news. It been hard to not start the damn game already but I really don't want to play it in a shitty state.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
just bought this via supercheap key, curiosity had the better of me. Installing, let's see how it performs on my 780, 8GB, non occed i7-4770

Red Hood

Banned
So. I've been banned for a month and there's still no patch. Anything less than a free season pass would be beyond a shit compensation at this point, especially if you believe rumours that it'll take until Fall this year (September/October/November) before they sort it all out.

Aesthet1c

Do we still get PC keys for this with Nvidia cards since they banned new sales? I just bought two 960's but haven't gotten a key from Amazon yet or anything.

Red Hood

Banned
Do we still get PC keys for this with Nvidia cards since they banned new sales? I just bought two 960's but haven't gotten a key from Amazon yet or anything.

It's worth emailing them about it, because I do know that keys prior to this shitfest are still redeemable, despite it not being available on the Steam store any more.

Just redeemed the key sent from Newegg for my 980 Ti. I redeemed it, but I'm not masochistic enough to dare play the game until it's patched up big time. It was funny to see those limited graphics options though for such a big mainstream release.

robotrock

Banned
Just redeemed the key sent from Newegg for my 980 Ti. I redeemed it, but I'm not masochistic enough to dare play the game until it's patched up big time. It was funny to see those limited graphics options though for such a big mainstream release.

I wish that was the only problem

Zomba13

We gon get some free shit for this mess?

Of course not. They told people to get refunds and those that couldn't/didn't are stuck with it.

Personally, if I fucked up like this I'd give everyone who didn't return it on the PC the season pass content for free but I'm not a giant corporation that loves to outsource PC versions to cheap devs and shove countless preorder/store exclusive DLC and season passes where a third of the price goes towards a 1 hour "expansion".

I think they should give the dlc for free for those of us who have the game before it returns to the stores fixed. Do I believe that is going to happen? Nah.

Vitor711

So. I've been banned for a month and there's still no patch. Anything less than a free season pass would be beyond a shit compensation at this point, especially if you believe rumours that it'll take until Fall this year (September/October/November) before they sort it all out.

Haha. I totally logged in after being unbanned to say the same thing. Wasn't there supposed to be an update this week at least?

The problem with giving away the season pass for free is that everyone who bought it on other stores is up shit creek without a paddle even if steam purchases of the season pass are refunded.

I think they should give the dlc for free for those of us who have the game before it returns to the stores fixed. Do I believe that is going to happen? Nah.

I'm wondering how far along the port job for the DLC was before the main game was pulled. Surely they could've announced that delay earlier.\

Who knows if the DLC is even releasable (by everyone's standards, not just WB's).

Spoit

Of course not. They told people to get refunds and those that couldn't/didn't are stuck with it.

Personally, if I fucked up like this I'd give everyone who didn't return it on the PC the season pass content for free but I'm not a giant corporation that loves to outsource PC versions to cheap devs and shove countless preorder/store exclusive DLC and season passes where a third of the price goes towards a 1 hour "expansion".

I wonder if steam will be doing an extended return offer, since the first REAL patch still isn't out

bigace33

I was just given a free steam code by a friend who got a new graphics card and came to see if I should wait... looks like I should.

I have a GTX 680 2gb / i5-2500k / 16gb ram, and if a 980 can't run this thing at 1080 without stutters, my card will probably explode attempting the same or 1440p.

I'm really excited to play it when it gets fixed though!

Your rig is just as good as mine and it plays just fine on mine. It looks magnificent and all I have is a gtx 770. As far as the memory leak issue, I guess my 16 GB of ram and my card's 4 GB or vram is buffering that problem. You should be fine.

The problem with giving away the season pass for free is that everyone who bought it on other stores is up shit creek without a paddle even if steam purchases of the season pass are refunded.

I guess I'll settle and take a copy of Mad Max for my Season Pass purchase, Warner.

I know -- it's not exactly a fair offer on your part -- but I'm willing to be cordial about it and accept it nonetheless.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
okay, just grappling around the first area right after the Two Face-Penguin cutscene, game runs moderatedly fine on my rig, quasi solid 30FPS at 1920x1080, all Nvidia features, vsync and aa enabled, everything on Normal because there's no fucking High option. I edited the .ini just to disable motion blur because I hate it in any game. Cannot say I'm hugely impressed with the graphics, maybe my 780 ain't enough. Honestly surprised it runs this well

seph1roth

"The latest information from Warner is that the updates won’t be available until Spring. Due to this we have made the difficult decision to recall all PC stock from stores to return to the vendor until an acceptable solution is released.”

WAT

Pakkidis

I'm surprised gamers let Nvidia off easy given the videos they showed of the game before release. I would expect gamers to demand the same accountability from Nvidia as WB.

I need some advice on a situation I have. About a month and a half ago I bought the GTX 960 MSI Gaming edition 2G, and given that they had bundle it with Arkham Knight, a game I was eager to play, it seemed like the perfect time. Since I was short on money I just went for the 2G edition, thinking that 4Gb of ram was unneccesary and not worth the 35 dollars difference (that's the difference between the two versions here in Chile). Sadly for me, after Arkham Knight release, the textures option clearly states that a 3Gb or higher graphic's card is needed in order to play at normal, otherwise I just have to do with low textures. This bothers me a lot since I can play other demanding games like Crysis 3 or Assassin's Creed IV and Unity on high-ultra settings.

The thing is, I can't ask for a refund and then buy a 4G, I would have to sell it myself and only then buy the new one, so my question is, do you think it's worth it?

My complete PC specs are:

-Intel Core i5-3570k
-6 GB RAM
-1TB HDD
-GTX 960 Gaming edition 2G

~Kinggi~

Banned
You have to be fucking kidding me.

Can you imagine what sort of state the code must have been in at launch?

At this point they are probably planning on what positive spin can come from this and the only way to do that is make the pc version the hands down winner with great performance and a ton of options, plus free shit.

It's not that it needs that long to be fixed. It's that once its fixed, they're going to need to strategize a new release window.

You don't honestly think they'll just re-release the game as soon as it's fixed do you? They have to factor in market competition, avoid cannibalizing sales from one of their own games, season trends, etc. Just like they would with any new release.

This is business, son. WB gives no fucks about how you feel (especially if they already have your money). Otherwise they wouldn't have released it in this state to begin with.

I'm pretty sure part of it is also waiting until they're finished making the DLC, so they'll have some free hands on deck to finally get around to fixing the PC verison.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
At this point they are probably planning on what positive spin can come from this and the only way to do that is make the pc version the hands down winner with great performance and a ton of options, plus free shit.

'We are working oh so hard on fixing the pc version. The gift of getting is done is all we can do to reimburse the loyal fans of PC'

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
I mean no matter how few fucks WB gives or the motivations for sales timing, its the only way they can re-release this.

Oh I agree with you, I just think that while free stuff would be nice I somehow...doubt WB would do that.

This is the same WB that decided to forgo fixing Origin to get out DLC

Whats sad is this thing sold over 250k in like 2 days even in the absolutely dreadful state it was in. Being totally incredibly conservative and saying WB only saw half of the list price at 30 bucks thats still over 7 million dollars, not counting any Season Pass money

Top Bottom