• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Parsnip

Well, if you are feeling like it, you can opt in to the patch 2 right now. They cloned the RC3 branch into patch 2 branch and it isn't password protected. They didn't push it to public yet, but you can opt in by going to the application properties and choosing the branch from the beta menu.

Parsnip

Here are the settings now.

2015_09_02_00001_by_majorparsnip-d984duw.jpg

Buburibon

Nothing on my end.
However I have noticed a Patch2 beta in the Betas tab.

Edit: Patch2 Beta is 626.2MB

That's progress I suppose. But, 626.2MB can't possibly include the alleged "high" settings for textures. That is, if they're not just renaming things.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wtf they still haven't fixed the texture requirements? 4GB VRAM required for PS4 textures is a joke. Witcher 3 did it with 2GB and it's a much bigger world.

etta

my hard graphic balls
They're probably just renaming things

Isn't 4GB of memory use still a high amount?

Of course it is. PS4 "normal" textures should be at 2GB max on the PC. A PC has both VRAM and RAM while a PS4 has just one memory pool, but apparently they didn't optimize textures to use both memory types, and shoved them all into the VRAM.
Very disappointing.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm done with Warner Bros forever after this shitshow. I'll either pick your games up used on consoles or under $10 on PC when its 75% off

Motherfuck MKX
Motherfuck Arkham Knight
Motherfuck Warner Bros

Kezen

Banned
it's fucking ridiculous, especially if the game is just running at 1080p (going by those settings) and with the nvidia gameworks stuff off

I don't see how 4gb for 1080p is unreasonable.

Anyway, downloading now but I'm not expecting miracles, not with 620mb.

At least I will be able to play without this atrocious film grain.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Because those are console textures and a PC has two memory pools, not one like consoles. I got 2GB VRAM and 16GB RAM, and 8GB RAM is usually the standard for gaming PC's these days. They should most certainly make use of it for textures.

it can be assumed that the 5ish gigs on consoles was enough to handle everything at 1080p so requiring the entirety of a 4 gig video card solely for matching the consoles is absurd. It would be the first game ever to require 4 gig vid cards for 1080p at those settings

Does it even have depth of field?

lol Warner Bros, just give us our money back or something free.

You've been able to refund on Steam since the release day of this game. Assuming you've purchased it on Steam that is. I know that at least GMG allows refunds for it as well.

4GB of Memory @ 1080p is not horribly unreasonable. If those textures are the same as the PS4 version... then it is somewhat questionable.

What is the performance looking like?`Does DOF still scale with resolution (Iol)?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
But Mad Max ...
MGSV will keep me busy for a month and then plenty of other titles will release.

WB doesn't deserve a cent from PC gamers. People thought MKX was bad but then they followed it up with an even worse port, arguably one of the worst of all time. If WB doesn't care about PC gamers why should we care about their games.

Motherfuck Mad Max too
sorry Max I loved Fury Road

Salsa

gotta wonder if "beta patch" means it got out early by mistake or if that's marking the "interim patch" they were talking about

etta

my hard graphic balls
gotta wonder if "beta patch" means it got out early by mistake or if that's marking the "interim patch" they were talking about

They did say they were going to optimize Normal textures RAM, right? At the same time when they said they will include High textures on top.

Human_me

So I just played a bit.
A good solid 60fps though it all.
I did notice some minor stuttering however.

Geforce 970 - stock
i7 4970k - stock
16gb RAM.
Played on Max settings
But with Nvidia exclusive Interactive smoke/fog and Paper Debris off.

d00d3n

So I just played a bit.
A good solid 60fps thought it all.
I did notice some minor stuttering however.

Geforce 970 - stock
i7 4970k - stock
16gb RAM.
Played on Max settings
But with Nvidia exclusive Interactive smoke/fog and Paper Debris off.

That sounds promising.

Buburibon

So it's not worth even downloading this beta patch thing?

My wife tells me performance is much improved, with hardly any drops at all from 60fps at 1440p (without Nvidia's debris, paper and smoke). That's on foot, gliding or driving the Batmobile. However, the rain effects are still bugged as in they're only fully displayed when you start a new game. Loading from a save lessens/weakens the effects, so that hasn't changed.

Titan X, 5820K, 32GB, Win 10 64bit.

Salsa

im redownloading the game regardless, but not hopeful with that ridiculous vram usage on a 2gig 680

should be done before I go so i'll report as soon as I can

My wife tells me performance is much improved, with hardly any drops at all from 60fps at 1440p (without Nvidia's debris, paper and smoke). That's on foot, gliding or driving the Batmobile. However, the rain effects are still bugged as in they're only fully displayed when you start a new game. Loading from a save lessens/weakens the effects, so that hasn't changed.

Titan X, 5820K, 32GB, Win 10 64bit.
That really doesn't sound great considering your specs. 1440p/60fps on a Titan X w/o NVIDIA exclusive features? :/

im redownloading the game regardless, but not hopeful with that ridiculous vram usage on a 2gig 680

I'm testing it on a 750 Ti 2GB atm, normal textures still make it unplayable. Low is fine at 1080/30 but ugly as fuck.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Tell me your findings, please. I am on an overclocked 2500K @ 4.5GHz, GTX 680 2GB, 16GB RAM, and SSD.

Top Bottom