• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

eero94

You're on Win10? This is a standard thing with AB in Win10 - most games which use a lot of VRAM show usage way above the physical VRAM present on the card they're running on. No idea if that's a driver / monitoring bug or an intended feature of WDDM2.0/DX12.

Yeah I'm on Win 10, that's good to know.

Shari

what im saying is that you would be super cool with yesterday's leak if it fixed the issues they promised to fix and you wouldn't be calling anyone a clown

Im calling clowns not the patch fixes or doesnt fix X or Y.

Im calling these people clowns because they release a broken game (hello QA).
They release a hotfix a few days in to fix water effects but you have to start a new game.
They say they will patch it in August.
It gets leaked by a random gamestop that wont be ready until mid september.
A few days from the end of August they list again what things they are working on and they point to an interim patch that would be released at some point in september.
They screw up the testing and they release the patch to public.
They set the patch as private a few hours later when for majority of people patch was running better than original and its not even auto-patched.

I mean, let alone the latest part with the patch, you fucking KNOW that patch wont be ready in august, you know it from the very beggining and you lie and you get caught a couple of days later and everything is proven not a month after.

You dont want to call anyone a clown? Fair enough. This is a fucking disgrace, on a technical level and on a management level.

And the events from yesterday with the patch are just the cherry on top of the cake and a good proof of how incompetent WB/Rocksteady are.

hlhbk

Im calling clowns not the patch fixes or doesnt fix X or Y.

Im calling these people clowns because they release a broken game (hello QA).
They release a hotfix a few days in to fix water effects but you have to start a new game.
They say they will patch it in August.
It gets leaked by a random gamestop that wont be ready until mid september.
A few days from the end of August they list again what things they are working on and they point to an interim patch that would be released at some point in september.
They screw up the testing and they release the patch to public.
They set the patch as private a few hours later when for majority of people patch was running better than original and its not even auto-patched.

I mean, let alone the latest part with the patch, you fucking KNOW that patch wont be ready in august, you know it from the very beggining and you lie and you get caught a couple of days later and everything is proven not a month after.

You dont want to call anyone a clown? Fair enough. This is a fucking disgrace, on a technical level and on a management level.

And the events from yesterday with the patch are just the cherry on top of the cake and a good proof of how incompetent WB/Rocksteady are.

Dude it's just a game. Calm down.

Shari

Boh ok guys. I dunno why anyone would think this is about the patch or the game. I'm 20 hours in TPP and Mad max awaits (with an actual decent port), plus I've already finished this game.

You can be unskilled while remaining professional, they are neither but I seem to be the only bothered by it. Whatever, good riddance.

Boh ok guys. I dunno why anyone would think this is about the patch or the game. I'm 20 hours in TPP and Mad max awaits (with an actual decent port), plus I've already finished this game.

You can be unskilled while remaining professional, they are neither but I seem to be the only bothered by it. Whatever, good riddance.

I would think it's about the patch or the game because what's being discussed right now is the leaked patch and the performance of the game.

call me crazy but i think that's what this thread is for right now.

also, those same unprofessional clowns you seem to really despise released that Mad Max port you seem to be enjoying. not sure how you can enjoy it given how conflicted you must be feeling about that

Shari

also, those same unprofessional clowns you seem to really despise released that Mad Max port you seem to be enjoying. not sure how you can enjoy it given how conflicted you must be feeling about that

LOL, I can't even.

Instead of being sarcastic and confusing you even more I'm going to educate you.

I despise unprofessional work, not anyone in the game industry.
B:AK port was handled by Iron Galaxy Studios.
Rework of B:AK is done in house by Rocksteady (and one might just argue that uploading those patch iterations to steam is also done by Rocksteady)
Mad Max port was done in house by Avalanche Studios.

Make what you will out of it.

The accidental beta patch release is merely a hiccup in a string of other mishaps. The PROBLEM is, that a big patch addressing major issues was promised in August, and they've missed the whole month entirely.

There is a difference between "targeting" and "promising."

People mad at a developer fixing their game. Come on. Just like when people are mad at delays they prefer an earlier released but broken version instead, right? No, what people really want is a working game on the day it was promised.

...well yes, actually. You guys realize that this is the alternative to the GTAV situation, right?

You have a lot of faith in capitalism, dude. Games get delayed sometimes. What happened with Arkham Knight PC is fucked up, and it needs to be fixed, but just like how games get delayed to make them not suck, sometimes patches get delayed to make them not suck. Pulling the game and focusing on fixing it before shoving out more DLC for you to buy for it was the right move, but people here act like they're entitled to DLC and like Rocksteady/Iron Galaxy/whoever else is working on the game can wave their magic wands and instantly make the game better. It's gonna take time. Given how much of a cluster duck launch was, this is literally the best case scenario that they could be making in terms of repairing the damage.

Besides, if you wanna talk incompetence, how silly do you look now that we know the problem was on Valve's end?

Fixed beta passwords not working for some private betas

LOL, I can't even.

Instead of being sarcastic and confusing you even more I'm going to educate you.

I despise unprofessional work, not anyone in the game industry.
B:AK port was handled by Iron Galaxy Studios.
Rework of B:AK is done in house by Rocksteady (and one might just argue that uploading those patch iterations to steam is also done by Rocksteady)
Mad Max port was done in house by Avalanche Studios.

Make what you will out of it.

so who are you mad at then? Warner Bros for rushing out a PC port that clearly wasn't ready? The same Warner brothers who also rushed out a messed up port of MKX?

Because if that's the case then you seem to be making excuses. At the end of the day, Warner Bros decided this broken port was okay. Not Iron Galaxy, not Rocksteady. They didn't put this game on shelves. That was Warner Bros.

So when you play Mad Max, just remember that this port of Batman that you seem to hate with the passion of a thousand suns was also released by that same company and they thought you were stupid enough to not care.

keep making excuses for your poor behavior and inconsistent logic.

Shari

So passwords not working for private betas implies that a beta is automatically put in public mode?

My understanding of the sentence is that the passwords for private betas were not working and therefore there was no access to those betas.

Much interpretation, much bias.

(..)keep making excuses for your poor behavior and inconsistent logic.

Honestly man, I went through 4 o 5 exchanges with you to make myself clear for no good reason and you seem to be salty about me being annoyed at this whole scheme of mistakes and no one taking responsibility for anything.

Look, I dont really care if you can't understand the simplest of logics or you think I exhibit bad behavior, just leave me alone, I'm done wasting time with you.

I could literally accuse you of the same thing re: bias, that position means nothing. Why are you assuming Rocksteady is guilty until proven innocent?

Look, I dont really care if you can't understand the simplest of logics or you think I exhibit bad behavior, just leave me alone, I'm done wasting time with you.

FYI, they're right about everything they're saying, and by actively refusing to engage with him, you're making it look like you're playing at being aloof to hide the fact that you know you've argued yourself into a corner.

Shari

I could literally accuse you of the same thing re: bias, that position means nothing. Why are you assuming Rocksteady is guilty until proven innocent?

Because patches dont appear public unless specifically tagged to be public.
Because we have already seen in steam tracker that there's been some other work done and other packets pushed to the repo and none of them have been public until yesterday.

You're just assuming that a error with beta codes in steam is directly related to this affaire when it's not even related in the changelog by any means.

Also, I love this kind of replies with "you are also wrong!" lol.

Because patches dont appear public unless specifically tagged to be public.

Sure is a good thing it wasn't public then!

Also, I love this kind of replies with "you are also wrong!" lol.

But that's... literally what you just did and what I was calling you out on.

Can we opt into the beta patch now?

No, it was pulled, likely after they realized it was accessible to the public for some reason that may or may not have been Valve's fault. I don't know the answer to your second question, to be honest.

Freiya

would you be complaining if this accidental release of a beta patch fixed many/all the issues that AK has?

Naw, i didn't think so either.

Have some sense of perspective. They have been patching this a ton behind the scenes going by how much movement the depots have shown on steam. the odds were that one would get away from them.
Nobody owes wb anything, they royaly messed up across the board. Really seems like you are just picking at shari for no reason. He is not wrong for feeling the way he does.

Shari

Sure is a good thing it wasn't public then!

But that's... literally what you just did and what I was calling you out on.

No, it was pulled, likely after they realized it was accessible to the public for some reason that may or may not have been Valve's fault. I don't know the answer to your second question, to be honest.

It was public, jesus get you facts together.

And the only person that is relating this to Valve is you by referencing a changelog that doesnt even talk about public betas.

You didnt need a beta code to access yesterday's beta = public. Really, is not that hard.

What all game files makeup or are affected by that "beta" patch? Like, if I wanted to make a copy of those files in case the game updates, which ones specifically should I backup?

BMGame and Binaries.

If you want theres a link for the beta patch files on steam forums, it was also linked in reddit.

Nobody owes wb anything, they royaly messed up across the board. Really seems like you are just picking at shari for no reason. He is not wrong for feeling the way he does.

They're pretty wrong for demanding that everything go their way now now NOW while continuing to buy WB's games and complain about them anyways.

WB fucked up royally with Arkham Knight PC's release, and now they're taking the appropriate steps to fix it. If you are mad at WB for the initial release and don't want to give them any more money, then yeah, that makes sense. But why would you shit talk their efforts to right their wrongs (no matter what the motivation is, because let's not assume WB is benevolent here) unless you just have an axe to grind on the Internet?

It was public, jesus get you facts together.

It prompted you for a password before you could download it. That's not public. Have you ever actually done a public beta on Steam? If it's public, it literally does not ask you for a password (or the devs give out the password themselves, which WB did not do.) You could enter nothing and still get in despite being asked for a password. Than Valve fixed the password system for betas. HMMMMM.

You are continuing to try and act like you're inherently more experienced or authoritative on the subject than I am rather than actually try and prove me wrong. You're not.

if he feels picked on then he must be having a hard time justifying his position because that's what i was taking him to task on, an illogical and unsound position.

Look, if i told you i was going to give you some money that i owed you in a couple of months and then i've accidentally given you some of it today, should you feel upset when i have that accidental money returned to my account? You weren't promised that money today, right?

Now, my point was, using this analogy of owed money, if I accidentally sent you that money BUT it ended up being fine and i didn't need it back, would you be upset by that or would you feel fine?

I know it's not the best analogy and even i could pick it apart some but the point i was getting at is this: Shari wouldn't be throwing a hissy about unprofessionalism if the patch that came out yesterday, an accidental release of a patch, were up to snuff and not retracted. he wouldn't be calling them clowns, would he now?

and if he feels i am wrong then he's entitled to that feeling, though i'm 100% certain that i'm right.

jett

D-Member
I'm afraid this patch will ironically fuck up my performances, because (besides the first two terrible hours) my experiences luckily weren't as disastrous as most of you. I played it for about 30 hours mostly ~60fps on Normal with the acceptable drops to 30 when gliding. I have an i5 4670K at 4GHz, Sapphire 280X 3GB and 8GB 1600MHz memory.

Time will tell. I'll download it later tonight.

How odd. I have virtually the same PC as you, it's a memory leaking stuffer fest on my end.

Simon_K

Neo Member
It's funny how people blame QA for releasing the product. It's almost never their fault for buggy product. I'm sure the bugs were flagged, and issues were raised, but since they need to release the game, they will ship whatever is done and do "day one" patch etc.

Shari

It prompted you for a password before you could download it. That's not public. Have you ever actually done a public beta on Steam? If it's public, it literally does not ask you for a password (or the devs give out the password themselves, which WB did not do.) You could enter nothing and still get in despite being asked for a password. Than Valve fixed the password system for betas. HMMMMM.

You are continuing to try and act like you're inherently more experienced or authoritative on the subject than I am rather than actually try and prove me wrong. You're not.

It didnt ask for any password and you literally dont know what you are talking about.

There is a difference between "targeting" and "promising."

Yes, I'm aware they didn't personally walk up to me and pinky swear on their mother's grave that the patch would be out by August. I used the term promise loosely, but when that's all the information they gave us, that's simply all we had to "go on."

...well yes, actually. You guys realize that this is the alternative to the GTAV situation, right?

The point wasn't to compare the best of two bad scenarios. I brought up the delay scenario just to parallel your posts with those about delays because they both fall into "u mad" posts that completely miss the point of what people are actually angered by. Again, no one is mad the developer is fixing the game.

You have a lot of faith in capitalism, dude. Games get delayed sometimes. What happened with Arkham Knight PC is fucked up, and it needs to be fixed, but just like how games get delayed to make them not suck, sometimes patches get delayed to make them not suck. Pulling the game and focusing on fixing it before shoving out more DLC for you to buy for it was the right move, but people here act like they're entitled to DLC and like Rocksteady/Iron Galaxy/whoever else is working on the game can wave their magic wands and instantly make the game better. It's gonna take time. Given how much of a cluster duck launch was, this is literally the best case scenario that they could be making in terms of repairing the damage.

No, I just believe in consumers being allowed to express SOME emotion when they feel like they didn't get the product they expected, bro.

And AGAIN, no one has a problem with them fixing it. People are just annoyed that it's taken this long and I don't think it's unreasonable for them to feel that way.

People have a general understanding on why these things happen and what needs to be done to correct them, and that it takes time. That knowledge, however, doesn't miraculously make them feel better, unfortunately.

Again, the beta release itself isn't really why people are "mad."

It didnt ask for any password and you literally dont know what you are talking about.

Are you gonna actually discuss this or just keep throwing ad hominems at people in the hopes they'll stop challenging you?

If it didn't require a password, then doesn't that not fit your personal interpretation of Steam's patch notes that's somehow automatically better than everyone else's?

Backlogger

The PROBLEM is, that a big patch addressing major issues was promised in August, and they've missed the whole month entirely.

I think it would have helped WB/Rocksteady immensely had during their August 20th update stated that the next patch would not go live in August. I feel it was implied based on my knowledge of how long it takes to QA things, but they should have addressed it then. Sure, the same people pissed off in this thread right now would still be complaining, but I think they would have one less thing to complain about.

Shari

Are you gonna actually discuss this or just keep throwing ad hominems at people in the hopes they'll stop challenging you?

If it didn't require a password, then doesn't that not fit your personal interpretation of Steam's patch notes that's somehow automatically better than everyone else's?

I dont have anything to discuss, the beta WAS public and this is a fact, if you need confirmation ask around. Point is you whole argument is based on something that is objectively wrong so there's that.

And I dont have to do any personal interpretation because I havent come up with a ridiculous conclusion of steam patch notes in order to discharge WB/RS/whoever from the responsibility of releasing a public patch that was meant to be private.

Your argument wasn't only lacking any form of reading comprehension but is now also based on something that is wrong for a fact. Go on, please.

I dont have anything to discuss, the beta WAS public and this is a fact, if you need confirmation ask around. Point is you whole argument is based on something that is objectively wrong so there's that.

And I dont have to do any personal interpretation because I havent come up with a ridiculous conclusion of steam patch notes in order to discharge WB/RS/whoever from the responsibility of releasing a public patch that was meant to be private.

Your argument wasn't only lacking any form of reading comprehension but is now also based on something that is wrong for a fact. Go on, please.

If it was public then WB would have told people it was happening.

You claim you didn't have a weird interpretation of patch notes but you literally wrote weird fan fiction of what the REAL SITUATION behind the patch notes were.

You post like everyone talking to you is worth less than you and it makes you look like an asshole.

Shari, who are you mad at for all of this?

Simple question.

Themselves.

Shari

Shari, who are you mad at for all of this?

Simple question.

To be honest, I'm mad at the situation really. They screw up big with one of the game of the year, that's been accepted and we can put it behind our backs. After screwing up and taking the game from the market (imagine how broken a game must be these days to pull it from the market) comes the whole scheme of lying in the announcements and pushing the deadline further and further. And as I told you before, this beta patch is just the cherry.

I can understand a game goes belly up with a bad port, what I can't understand is that you have pretty much your reputation on the line and you keep making rookie mistakes like lying in your announcements when you know you'll be proven a liar in less than a month and you do this patch "taste it and gone".

I think you want me to pintpoint someone to hold the blame to be able to tell I'm wrong based on mad max or whatever. Truth is I dunno who holds the blame for this and I never will, but as a customer if I cant demand skillful developers I guess I can ask for honesty and professionalism.

Guess just not in GAF, must be careful so someone doesn't feel personally attacked when I bash on a game of their likings.

If it was public then WB would have told people it was happening.

Last post you were defending that this wasnt public because it had a password, now you say it wasnt public because there was no announcement. This is the last words you going to get from me, I would like to tell you what kind of user you are but that is probably agains GAF's ToS so I'm just going to ignore you, hope you understand.

jacobeid

Banned
To be honest, I'm mad at the situation really. They screw up big with one of the game of the year, that's been accepted and we can put it behind our backs. After screwing up and taking the game from the market (imagine how broken a game must be these days to pull it from the market) comes the whole scheme of lying in the announcements and pushing the deadline further and further. And as I told you before, this beta patch is just the cherry.

I can understand a game goes belly up with a bad port, what I can't understand is that you have pretty much your reputation on the line and you keep making rookie mistakes like lying in your announcements when you know you'll be proven a liar in less than a month and you do this patch "taste it and gone".

I think you want me to pintpoint someone to hold the blame to be able to tell I'm wrong based on mad max or whatever. Truth is I dunno who holds the blame for this and I never will, but as a customer if I cant demand skillful developers I guess I can ask for honesty and professionalism.

Guess just not in GAF, must be careful so someone doesn't feel personally attacked when I bash on a game of their likings.

But this is the video game industry. Everything is smoke and mirrors and developers and publishers lie or push PR speak before owning up to anything.

You already admitted to buying Mad Max, you couldn't win this argument.

See, as a consumer who was furiously upset at the condition and situation surround Arkham Knight's PC release, you should've held the publisher accountable. Developers are paid by the publisher to make games, that's how a lot of the business is run. Publishers decide when it is okay to release the game, they are the gate keepers.

Now, clearly you didn't refund the game for whatever reason so you couldn't do what thousands did regarding this port and use your rights as a consumer to protect yourself from this.

But when, not even a handful of months after their second straight PC release debacle, you purchased Mad Max from Warner Bros all you have done is shown them that they were in the right to keep on trucking because people forget. You had another chance to hold them accountable and you instead bought their next release on launch.

So how can you sit here, with a straight face, and continue to bemoan the situation regarding AK when you just bought their next game not even 48 hours after its release? What type of consumer activism are you pushing when you can't even show any sort of restraint yourself?

And for your information, while i own AK and feel that this whole thing has been a huge debacle, I have no feelings on it one way or another as a game itself. I haven't played it yet. or Mad Max, for that matter. I'm unwilling to support a company who treats me like trash, i suppose.

Themselves.

Nah, people upset about the state of the PC version are angry with all those responsible for the PC port, i.e. Rocksteady (in part), Iron Galaxy (in part), and WB (ultimately).

It's been a series of crappy developments just before the port's release and following. Not everyone has access to the console versions, not everyone has other major releases they're interested in and not everyone has the money to get other games. All signs pointed toward this being a solid release and lack of transparency led to people buying a product that was broken, in spite of everything shown prior to release (Nvidia promotional videos showing perfect performance, Digital Foundry report saying the console versions were masterfully done, etc.).

This is one of the worst major PC releases ever, and everyone interested in the game got burned — people either bought it early because they really wanted it, and the people who were willing to wait a bit completely lost the opportunity to purchase it. The anger over this situation is justified. You may not agree with an individual's level of anger, but if you at all condone discussion of the matter, and if you ever understand how anyone might be upset about the state of a video game, then you can't really say someone's being unreasonable by being upset — it may be beating a dead horse at this point, but that's because the problem has lingered for so long.

WB deserves all the flack and all the negativity they get over this. This isn't a matter of "it's gamers faults for this situation" because no one knowingly supported a poor PC release, and by all accounts, it should've been good — especially considering all the (apparently unfounded) talk of Rocksteady doing the port in-house.

Innolis

See, as a consumer who was furiously upset at the condition and situation surround Arkham Knight's PC release, you should've held the publisher accountable. Developers are paid by the publisher to make games, that's how a lot of the business is run. Publishers decide when it is okay to release the game, they are the gate keepers.

Now, clearly you didn't refund the game for whatever reason so you couldn't do what thousands did regarding this port and use your rights as a consumer to protect yourself from this.

But when, not even a handful of months after their second straight PC release debacle, you purchased Mad Max from Warner Bros all you have done is shown them that they were in the right to keep on trucking because people forget. You had another chance to hold them accountable and you instead bought their next release on launch.

So how can you sit here, with a straight face, and continue to bemoan the situation regarding AK when you just bought their next game not even 48 hours after its release? What type of consumer activism are you pushing when you can't even show any sort of restraint yourself?

And for your information, while i own AK and feel that this whole thing has been a huge debacle, I have no feelings on it one way or another as a game itself. I haven't played it yet. or Mad Max, for that matter. I'm unwilling to support a company who treats me like trash, i suppose.

Mad Max is a decent port, why would you hold yourself back from buying it regardless of the publisher? If anything, this is the right way to show WB how to do business. Your make a good port? you get sales. You do a shitty port? you get steam refunds.

Shari

I dont need to be any kind of consumer activist to complain about a product I bought and I'm not being treated correctly.

As I dont have to avoid buying a game I want (specially when its an awesome port).

FYI and since you seem really bothered with my flawed logic, I bought B:AK 3 months before release and I bought Mad Max post release, there's a change for me in there.

Maybe my implication level annoys you and you think I'm not entitled to opinion or choice just because I decided to buy Mad Max, but that is just your opinion and doesnt make any of my argument in this post less valid.

Also, there's no argument to win, I'm entitled to what I'm saying and you are literally no one to give me lessons on consumer behavior.

You got all this wrong the moment you thought everyone has to react by your standards to this situation.

Mad Max is a decent port, why would you hold yourself back from buying it regardless of the publisher? If anything, this is the right way to show WB how to do business. Your make a good port? you get sales. You do a shitty port? you get steam refunds.

This pretty much. I have to skip buying a game I want and well optimized just so I'm entitled to an opinion on the B:AK fiasco. GG.

And if you make two consecutive poor ports, I'll buy your next game day one and maybe even preorder it to show you how upset I really was and still am about the whole thing

You see how that doesn't sound right?

I haven't bought Mad Max and I haven't refunded/returned the game because I couldn't even if I wanted to. Got it as part of a promotion, and even if I hadn't, still would've bought the game full-priced based on the relative quality of the past PC ports, the developer's pedigree, the fact this was WB's biggest release, the (apparently fake) buzz that Rocksteady was handling the port themselves, and me just being a huge fan of the IP. DX11 was broken in Arkham City, but the port itself was fine, certainly at least on the level of the console versions. I didn't (couldn't, really) even account for a port as bad as this, especially after seeing the Digital Foundry article about the console versions being so well-done. I won't be paying for anything from WB any time soon, that's for certain.

Am I justified in voicing my distaste of this situation?

I haven't bought Mad Max and I haven't refunded/returned the game because I couldn't even if I wanted to. Got it as part of a promotion, and even if I hadn't, still would've bought the game full-priced based on the relative quality of the past PC ports, the developer's pedigree, the fact this was WB's biggest release, and me just being a huge fan of the IP. DX11 was broken in Arkham City, but the port itself was fine, certainly at least on the level of the console versions. I didn't (couldn't, really) even account for a port as bad as this, especially after seeing the Digital Foundry article about the console versions being so well-done. I won't be paying for anything from WB any time soon, that's for certain.

Am I justified in voicing my distaste of this situation?
You certainly have a better footing, sure.

But were you also calling developers clowns and unprofessional for an accidental release of a beta patch? I don't think you were.

I'm not saying that being upset at this situation is wrong, the whole thing with Shari stems from comments made regarding yesterday's patch leak and how upset he was about it. I, too, think this sucks as someone who has AK but I'm also not sitting here being upset by yesterday's events while playing Warner bros latest release at the same time.

iNvid02

you have to draw your own line; do you feel WB wronged you enough to ignore future releases under their purview even if its a different developer/situation? (avalanche doing the port in house). judging by shari's earlier posts i can see how freedom thought that was the case

personally with the way the industry is setup now i find it hard to draw that publisher line, neither way is wrong and should not negate you being able to voice your dissatisfaction

Innolis

And if you make two consecutive poor ports, I'll buy your next game day one and maybe even preorder it to show you how upset I really was and still am about the whole thing

You see how that doesn't sound right?

Sorry, I'm not really sure I understand your point. What I'm saying is basically "vote with your wallet". Steam now gives you the option to actually do that. Port is terrible? refund it. Publisher doesn't get your money and hopefully doesn't get a lot of people's money too. Port is good? you keep it. The publisher has money, you have a new game that actually works and everyone is happy.

Shari

I'm not saying that being upset at this situation is wrong, the whole thing with Shari stems from comments made regarding yesterday's patch leak and how upset he was about it. I, too, think this sucks as someone who has AK but I'm also not sitting here being upset by yesterday's events while playing Warner bros latest release at the same time.

I think somehow I managed to annoy you when I called them (whoever they are) clowns and I'm sorry about it, didn't mean to get personal with anyone.

And you are right about me being more annoyed about the patch. Thing is downloaded the damn patch being very hopeful about it, to be honest I didn't think they made a mistake, I thought they wanted some mass testing without making it totally widespread. so I test it and it's fucking joy. There's the memory leak I talked about and there are obvious framedrops because of it and some texture stream issues still while moving fast. But gliding and the batmobile are really nice, there's no massive stuttering, there are no freezings. I won't be lying if I tell you it runs, at least, 50% better on my system (running a 970, mind you).

I go out from the game to tell some pals and check online reactions and I see there's a new update. Run it to see the changes are gone, I go out and no more beta selectable on games' options.

Stil mad, fuck.

Vex_

Banned
So bring me up to speed gaf:

All I want to know is are there are still missing effects? Don't care about performance or load.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I kind of wish people would stop comparing Mad Max and Arkham Knight. They're two very different situations, WB owns Rocksteady and in turn have a level of control in their actual business, they don't own Avalanche and are only the publisher (probably due to the deal for the Mad Max license) and their role in the game's production much more limited in how the game was made.

I kind of wish people would stop comparing Mad Max and Arkham Knight. They're two very different situations, WB owns Rocksteady and in turn have a level of control in their actual business, they don't own Avalanche and are only the publisher (probably due to the deal for the Mad Max license) and their role in the game's production much more limited in how the game was made.

What's your source for this?

Backlogger

Looks like a production/live patch just dropped. New graphics settings are available in game.

I am going to have to tweak my settings a lot more. Simply turning everything up with the max FPS at 60 was no bueno. Getting big drops in FPS. 40-45 when glidinging around Gotham

1440p
i5 3570k 4.1
16gb RAM
R9 290
W10

Also, it takes a long time to launch the game...

Top Bottom