• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

scitek

What vsync/frame limiting settings did you use? Only in-game?

I use MSI Afterburner to cap the framerate and driver vsync when I can for the smoothest experience. I play on a TV capable of 120Hz, so I have Inspector set to half-refresh rate vsync.

Any impressions if 60fps with a 4GB gtx770 are possible (2500k)? Of course I don't care about highest settings ^^

someone posted their 4gbs 770 earlier, seems max settings with gameworks stuff off will get you at least 30fps at 1080p without much of an issue.

Having that card and a 4770k myself, i might hold for the next patch just to have the best experience possible. But this patch seems like progress in the right direction.

Ilive1up

gtx 770 2gb of ram. i'm play 60 fps with everything low. it actually runs really great (haven't noticed a dip yet), just don't have all the fancy details but it's something i guess.

JohngPR

Game runs at 60 when I'm looking around but tries to go from 60 to 30 when there are framerate drops which makes it unplayable to me with the 60fps mode on. Anyway to fix that? I tried changing the smoothframerate setting under the .ini but now I get crashes because I did. :\

Hmm, while entering Wayne Tower I get 44 FPS no matter what I do. Even on lowest settings in 640 x 480. Same as everything high in 1080p. I haven't got any limiters activated, deleted the inis, haven't got nvidia Experience stuff installed and tried different combinations of Vsync. There are no pther programs running and I just booted the PC. Strange.

Holy crap this like doubled my fps. I can get vsync to 30fps fixed 1080p Normal everything except textures at low I only have a 1 gig 8750 and an older system. I am happy with the I improvements.

8750 1g
I5 3350
8 gb of ddr

Peterthumpa

Game runs at 60 when I'm looking around but tries to go from 60 to 30 when there are framerate drops which makes it unplayable to me with the 60fps mode on. Anyway to fix that? I tried changing the smoothframerate setting under the .ini but now I get crashes because I did. :\

Try adaptative vsync. That's vsync on halfing your framerate when you can't reach the target 60 FPS to mitigate tearing.

I don't have numbers, but the game is definitely running a lot better for me that before on my 980s. Obviously SLI is a disco party right now, so instead I've dedicated a card to PhysX, and maxed everything out on another card.

Where there were hitches before, there are now none. Framerate does still dip in place, but not below 30. I'll probably do some fraps benchmarking tonight. I'll see what I get inside Wayne Tower too. I don't think I was capped at 42 in there though, but it's harder to tell with the game running smoother and with gsync.

And that's with having gone slightly over what it says my 4 gigs of vram on one of my 980s can handle, but I think I'm in the clear because the PhysX effects push that number up in the menus, but will be running on a different card. Obviously I might have to revisit, but hopefully once the game can be run in 3 way SLI performance will drastically improve for me.

I am still awaiting *that* patch before I really get back into it though. I hate having a card just sitting there doing nothing.

i5 2400
7870xt 2GB (15.8 Beta)
8GB DDR3

Using RTSS I can get locked 30fps at 1080 with these settings. Frame times are a pretty solid 33.33.

Og5oeUX.jpg

Going to normal textures sends my performance down the toilet.

Irvana

I read on the previous screenshot that anti-aliasing is a custom SMAA.
At launch, it was FXAA, isn't it ?

Any way to force FXAA ?

MGrant

4690k @ 4.3 GHz
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
8 GB RAM
Installed to a 7200 rpm HDD

Runs between 50 and 60 fps maxed at 1080p without nvidia smoke/fog. Lowering textures and shadows to Normal gives me a locked 58-60 fps, even when driving, which isn't bad. The main thing is that the memory leak was fixed, and even after playing for an hour and a half (new game), I haven't seen my performance shit itself as before.

It does take a while to launch after clicking the game in Steam, though.

Dave_6

Yeah I got that same delay last night when launching the game. Never crashed on me though and I played for at least an hour.

KingV

Hmm, while entering Wayne Tower I get 44 FPS no matter what I do. Even on lowest settings in 640 x 480. Same as everything high in 1080p. I haven't got any limiters activated, deleted the inis, haven't got nvidia Experience stuff installed and tried different combinations of Vsync. There are no pther programs running and I just booted the PC. Strange.

It probably is loading something every time you enter, which would make sense.

It probably is loading something every time you enter, which would make sense.

Ok, sorry, I've been unclear. It's not just upon entering but while walking around inside a room with not much going on. Changing resolution and all should make some difference, but it doesn't.

Eyothrie

Those that own a 970, I'm looking to have a locked 60fps. What settings should I turn down?

EVGA gtx 970 SSC
i7 3820 @ 4.3
16gb ram
Mechanical HDD (not sure about rpm)

Kezen

Banned
Those that own a 970, I'm looking to have a locked 60fps. What settings should I turn down?

EVGA gtx 970 SSC
i7 3820 @ 4.3
16gb ram
Mechanical HDD (not sure about rpm)

Disable smoke and papers stuff, turn textures down to normal, for a *locked* 60fps you might want to tone down LOD as well.

That should do it.

JRW

Unplayable on 2GB VRAM video cards... Low textures are PS2 level

Yes I was just coming here to say you'll need a 4GB card to run this as intended @ 1080p, My GTX 670 2GB is stuck at Low texture quality, If I try any higher the game is a stuttering / pausing mess.

Andrain18

Banned
i7 4790k and GTX 970 game runs with everything maxed at solid 60+ FPS. loving it. Wish i had this version when i played through the game the first time though.

Resnais

Neo Member
Yes, 2GB cards pretty "min spec".

I set everything to low in graphics settings, any resolution above 1920x1080 gives a warning on the right side of the screen about VRAM usage above GPUs capability

Soren01

Yes I was just coming here to say you'll need a 4GB card to run this as intended @ 1080p, My GTX 670 2GB is stuck at Low texture quality, If I try any higher the game is a stuttering / pausing mess.
Yes, but low textures could look better...

The game seems to be running just fine for my on my 970/2500k

I only tried to play it once before. Got through the opening scene and immediately got horrible hitching and a crash within 45 seconds. Promptly uninstalled it.

I just put a good half an hour in and got through the early batmobile tutorial stuff. 40-60. Easy 60 in combat, and some drops while gliding and driving. That's with everything maxed out.

I'll be turning off nvidia smoke effects. That seems like it pulled it to a locked 60, and much like Black Flag, they look pretty silly for the most part. Really overdone. Though if this SMAA business is true, I would consider dropping to FXAA if it made the difference.

Delt31

dumb question but where in the game does it indicate a patch or version # b/c my game still runs choppy and steam usually downloads by itself. No way it's still running this bad on my gtx 980. 60 then drop to 30 then choppy then 40, etc.

Is there a way I can check>?

jacobeid

Banned
How do you know that ? 2gb is a very low amount and AK seems to have from what I can see a considerable number of textures.

Because it's not 2002 anymore and this is what Batman is littered with.

72YKuMYEL9xV.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

2015-06-23_00001-e1435060210789.jpg

Those aren't low textures. Those are lower than shit textures. 2gb vram should be able to do more than that....just look at The Witcher 3.

Edit: Also see two posts above.

amrod

Those aren't low textures. Those are lower than shit textures. 2gb vram should be able to do more than that....just look at The Witcher 3.

Before I was playing it with textures looking like that and sometimes somewhat better... now but it just is unplayable with this patch

Kezen

Banned

72YKuMYEL9xV.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

2015-06-23_00001-e1435060210789.jpg

Edit: Also see two posts above.

But those are not the low textures, this is a streaming bug. I tried with low textures and when they actually load they look as good as you'd expect when you only 2gb at your disposal.
Same goes for Unity.

I ran a "performance test" and before the patch I got 78, now 110.
Not bad at all.

Top Bottom