• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 1 |OT| Offseason's over. Back to #TALKINBOUTTHENOLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoneM

If the Longhorn network can do it so can the Pac-12 network

lol, Longhorn network is cheap because It doesn't offer much compared to a conference deal and it only has to supply one AD with money. Also, I don't get the Long Horn Network out here in AZ. Maybe if I was a Direct TV subscriber I would, but Direct TV can go suck eggs... and that's one more reason NOT to get Direct TV.

El_Chino

THE RUTGERS ARMY WILL COME FOR YOU GATA

uncomf.gif

Had work so I went to bed and couldn't see the end of the game but no surprise The Ohio State didn't let me down.

Giants always start off a bit slow. GG Indiana.

KodaRuss

So the Longhorns line is at -18.5 against Maryland. Definitely higher than I thought but I guess Maryland is really that bad?

jfkgoblue

So the Longhorns line is at -18.5 against Maryland. Definitely higher than I thought but I guess Maryland is really that bad?
They got blown out by the top 3 in the East, but are trending in the right direction and had a top 20 recruiting class last year.

I think they will beat the spread, I assume the spread is that high due to Texas's massive fanbase and their hype for Tom Herman.

Jarnet87

I don't pay attention to spring and summer for college football, so I have no idea how FSU look going into the Alabama game. All i can base it off is that they lost a ton of talent and I expect the offense to struggle.

Do I read that as Alabama is an embarrassing powerhouse? I mean, I guess I can see that being about right from a certain perspective.
But in a totally different way then Penn state which shares that distinction.

Very slightly embarrassing.

I read it as Alabama being a powerhouse, the most powerful, but neither really admired or very embarrassing. I suppose with all their talent and budget, they achieve what they should achieve.

On the other hand, they do seem to be letting people go every year for some sort of criminal act.

I got to agree that Wisconsin and Washington get my admiration, given they don't generally get the top talent in their respective competitions.

Then again, Wisconsin always seem to lose my money, and were very embarrassing when Joel Stave was their QB.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
vkAIuY1.jpg

Is this something they decided to do in Small College Football games? Inverted Exposure Fields

Kevtones

I mean, if you're only looking at the short term, UW was in the playoff and Nebraska is building.

MSU was in the CFP two years ago.
Nebraska was a 10 win team
Boise State is a perennial non-power 5 contender

Seems like a bunk graph or as useful as a preseason poll.

How is FSU peak embarrassment but Florida who has half their team suspended for illegal activities isn't?

One is alleged activity at the institutional level.

I'm embarrassed by our players but it's obviously not the same thing. The fact that you even asked this question and pretended it is is hilarious.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
First CFB game of the season I'm watching, and it's a FCS game.

Richmond is good right? I recall them being pretty good.

Fox Sports 1 audio is all messed up.

You got crowd and ref mics working, but nothing from the booth.

Also Rutgers forces a three and out, and gets some first downs?

AMAZING!

Ugh I have a bad feeling Notre Dame vs Temple will be close tomorrow.

I'm not excited about this season. If we have a losing record again at least Kelly will be fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom