• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 12 - Big 12 Championship Weekend Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its only moments after effectively being kicked out of the playoffs so I know you are upset.

However, cop the loss on the chin mate. You have to take the good (upsetting the playoffs last year) with the bad (losing tonight) on the internet.

Sparty was very good tonight, they were the better team.

i mean, all of this can be true and it don't excuse some of the chickenshit posting that just took place

ah well, all they need is a win next week and OSU's playing on New Year's

(now they just need to win, which is significantly easier said than done if the offensive playcalling and execution is as bad as it was tonight)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Consistent conference matchups in the bowl games sucks.

I want to face a wider variety of teams. Like a Pac12 team or something (not Oregon though. For reasons)

The way I see it, the four playoff teams will come from:

1. Clemson
2. Iowa or Michigan St
3. OkSt or Oklahoma or ND
4. Bama or Florida

Balphon

Anyway time to become a Cal fan for the next four hours.

I hope I survive.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's 7:30 PST kickoff, not EST.

A reprieve.

inm8num2

Someone put Urban's head on Walt's body.

rIgprc3.gif

squicken

The way I see it, the four playoff teams will come from:

1. Clemson
2. Iowa or Michigan St
3. OkSt or Oklahoma or ND
4. Bama or Florida

As this week has shown, so much football left. But the debate that would shape up would be

1. Clemson
2. Bama/FL

1-loss Oklahoma, 1-loss ND, and 1-loss MSU. Choose two

Servbot24

Banned
So assuming Sparty wins next week and goes on to beat Iowa, there's a good chance they'll be in the playoffs. That leaves Iowa for the rose bowl, and possibly an at large berth in the Sugar Bowl for us. Most likely though it'll be the Outback or the Citrus bowl against an sec team.

MSU winning makes it an all-or-nothing season for Iowa. I don't see 1-loss Iowa going to the Rose bowl over 1-loss OSU.

As this week has shown, so much football left. But the debate that would shape up would be

1. Clemson
2. Bama/FL

1-loss Oklahoma, 1-loss ND, and 1-loss MSU. Choose two

Has to be MSU and Oklahoma due to quality of wins (MSU: Oregon, tOSU, Michigan, OU: TCU, OSU)

ND (has the better loss of all but) would have faired better had Stanford not lost to Oregon...

As said above, tOSU set the precedent last year by losing against crappy VTech, so crappy losses don't matter as much.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke has officiall gone back to Carl franks level bad. Some people need to have their shit packed in a box real soon.

UCONN - Ruining AAC AAC AAC access bowl berths since 2014.

Navy is still in the drivers seat I guess. I don't know what the committee will do if a shit team wins the American like USF or something. None of the other G5 teams would really stand out at that point I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom