• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 12 - Big 12 Championship Weekend Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardale just announced he's going to enter the draft.

And drafted by Cleveland Number 1 overall..

You're a god damned monster.

I know OSU just lost, but come on, man.

:)

No, this needs to happen. Just because I want everyone unhappy now.

Big XII because once again Texas has fucked the conference over even in mediocrity by beating Oklahoma and they will be out of the playoff assuming ND wins out.

ACC because they became the bizarre accomplice in their relationship with ND akin to being a friend with benefit and hoping they call and make it Facebook official when we all know they won't and are just using you.

PAC because who cares to stay up till 11 pm on the best coast to watch a matchup between Wazzu and Cal.. No one.

SEC- because fuck Bama as they are the only program in the country that can make them look like goddamn underdogs..

And finally BIG.. I almost would cheer for Sparty because I like Dantonio (thank you Mark for 2002). but ND winning it all and lighting the thread on fire would beautiful.

So yes, if ND is in... I want them to win to watch the world burn..

.@EricSeger33: Zeke Elliott: "I'm disappointed in the positions we were put in. I'm disappointed. I think I do deserve more than 11 carries. I really do."

.@EricSeger33: Ezekiel Elliott also said he was lobbying with Urban Meyer to change the play calling and get more touches: "It's very disappointing."

I can't remember anytime a big star went off like this

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Zeke can blame himself too.. 33 yards on 12 carries is pathetic.

Nothing OSU did was working.. should have carried more in the 2nd half? Sure.. but he was ineffective every time he touched the ball before that.

Urban Meyer hurt his team this year with the back and forth shit with QB.. should have just kept with Jones and let it ride.

Also, that OSU education... he had 12 carries.

squicken

Elliot isn't wrong but surprised he said all of that. Not a good look to rip your coaches like that

e: Okie State were frauds and this was inevitable. Baylor is a good team, OU was just better

Kacar

I mean. We literally didn't have a catch that was caught deeper than what, 6 yards? There's a reason everything was so ineffective.

The comments by Zeke are crazy though. The passing game had to do something for Zeke to have any hope.

.@EricSeger33: Zeke Elliott: "I'm disappointed in the positions we were put in. I'm disappointed. I think I do deserve more than 11 carries. I really do."

.@EricSeger33: Ezekiel Elliott also said he was lobbying with Urban Meyer to change the play calling and get more touches: "It's very disappointing."

I can't remember anytime a big star went off like this

Melvin Gordon's quotes recently at NFL level were similar IIRC

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
we didn't even have to wait till Tuesday for Meltdown Time, we're getting it live from the OSUn's locker room

If I was Urban, it'd that'd be the last game Elliot plays on my team if those quotes are true.
I don't blame him, nor do I blame any other college athlete who chooses to publicly complain about fucking garbage coaching.

Urb has the power to do what he wants with Zeke for the next month-and-a-half, but I don't blame Zeke a bit for calling a spade a spade.

squicken

CUYJmM1U8AAOUuX.png:large

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I mean, I'm sure he will be fired.. which would be a mistake.. as he's a great coach.. but he won't be fired right after the fucking game people.

Joke twitter strikes again.

Kacar

Mark May predicted an OSU blowout.

Tbh I think every analyst or spread predictor had an OSU win in big fashion. I didn't see one who liked MSU.

The underdog has now won 4 straight games outright in this matchup.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
good Heisman House

"coach, aren't you supposed to be in South Carolina?"

"we drive those Nissans all day, and they never get ditry?"

VRMN

To some degree I'd agree with him, but in one article I read said Elliott was in the hospital for three days this week with a leg infection and at one point didn't think he'd be playing at all in this game. Given the conditions and his ineffectiveness (his citing the 30 yard drive in 12 plays is silly) for basically all of his carries, I think it's probably reasonable for the coaching staff to try and not put the game all on him. Yeah, there was some crappy play calling, but MSU was getting in the backfield a lot. They won this game in the trenches, not because OSU mismanaged the game (even though they did).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom