• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord open Beta starts July 18

Thats not how bugs work at all. Just because you dont seem to have any problems.

I'm pretty sure "Fix Fabieter's Connection Problems" will not be listed as a bug on Firewalk's devops team board. lol
Especially when I haven't seen anyone else complaining.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Says you after what 4 hours of play? Impossible. Shagging my wife seemed balanced after 4 hours.

I'll reserve judgement until ive had a proper crack.

It only took me a few minutes of shagging your wife to figure out she was unbalanced.

hahaha-oh-you.gif

Feel like I've seen this posted a good bit. Isn't this NOT open to the public and a closed alpha/beta? I just looked on PSN and I don't see it for download anywhere, except for preordering.

Not saying the game didn't completely bomb with preorders or won't when it launches but Sony seems to be going with what was announced when this game was first shown off, at least if what I remember.

It’s there, you have to open up more information I think (three dots)

tmlDan

I tried, it feels nothing like I want it to. It feels like an Arkane game...floaty, non tight controls. It's also pretty boring but maybe I'll give it a go tonight with some buds and see if playing together makes it worthwhile.
There's also a open beta weekend where imma try in on PC as well to see what i like, but if you find it boring then i guess there's no saving it

Fabieter

I tried, it feels nothing like I want it to. It feels like an Arkane game...floaty, non tight controls. It's also pretty boring but maybe I'll give it a go tonight with some buds and see if playing together makes it worthwhile.

The gunplay is definitely the best part of the game. Gameplay wise iam mostly disappointed with the maps. I wish those had old arcane magic because they are uninspiring with no dynamic gameplay stuff.

Last edited:

Hestar69

Tried the game andddddddddd.......The game is not good. Generic as hell. There's other games better to play and that aren't woke on top of being bland and boring...

I give it a year and this game servers get turned off and company goes bye bye.

Last edited:

Nydius

So the overall sentiment seems to be that we've gone from DOA, garbage/trash to "it's ok" in the 2.5 hours since the beta dropped?

I never thought it was trash, just that it was a late-to-the-party trend chasing game of a genre that peaked a while ago. My opinion on that front hasn’t changed.

I maintain the game’s biggest hurdle will be the $40 pay-to-play price tag and PS+ subscription requirement, especially when its nearest competitors (Overwatch and Valorant) are F2P and have no such PS+ restriction.

I don’t doubt the game will find an audience, I just don’t believe it will sustain long term unless they already have a rock solid content roadmap ready to go.

clarky

Gold Member
Tried the game andddddddddd.......The game is not good. Generic as hell. There's other games better to play and that aren't woke on top of being bland and boring...

I give it a year and this game servers get turned off and company goes bye bye.
Found someone who actually plays MP games.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
So the overall sentiment seems to be that we've gone from DOA, garbage/trash to "it's ok" in the 2.5 hours since the beta dropped?

I highly doubt "it's ok" is the impression Sony wants people to be feeling a couple hours into the beta.

Even Halo Infinite had a "holy shit, this is awesome" word of mouth in it's beta.

I highly doubt "it's ok" is the impression Sony wants people to be feeling a couple hours into the beta.

Even Halo Infinite had a "holy shit, this is awesome" word of mouth in it's beta.

True. But we should probably wait till after the public beta to really see the public perception.
I was just going on the mood of the thread initially after it dropped.

Hestar69

Found someone who actually plays MP games.
sadly it's all friend wanna play now adays (shooters)

Even if you take away the ugly characters.. The game feels not balanced. The asian girl I used has a 1 shot charge thing and it doesn't even one shot enemies...right...I played 3 games and we won all 3 and after the third game I was just eh,fuck this I need to play some more ys 9 since im close to beating it finally.

If this was a free game or a ps+ "free" game I can see it doing alright.. but 40 for this + a season pass surely and this is DOA IMO

Mr.ODST

Wanna give it a try but gonna have to wait until open beta, massive in my multiplayer but yeah see how it goes

Played 5 or 6 matches so far this morning on the PS5. I'm not sure about it yet. I mean it looks well made and it's quick to get into matches but there are a bunch of things I'm not really liking.

Movement feels way too floaty
Aiming feels unresponsive compared to what I'm used to (THE FINALS)
No field of view slider
No option to disable cross play from what I could see
No way to set region (had people with red pings in game)
People seemingly die around corners all the time. It's like there is a delay when people die even though I have full green ping.

Varteras

I noticed that with the 4 mode groups that you choose from one of them has no information that you can see at all. The other three, even the one group not available in the beta, all tell you that they are 5v5 modes. Whether or not you can respawn during them. But then they also tell you that they are PvP. Why? Is this hidden mode something other than PvP? Is it something other than 5v5?

Played a few matches, I find the game pretty good in terms of mechanics, I don't mind a slower pace with momentum in the movement, and after adjusting the aiming setting a bit is ok. The different characters abilites are interesting, but the designs.. a few are ok, and the rest are between bland to eergh ugly. At least it is fun and technically competent.

Top Bottom