• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord open Beta starts July 18

clarky

Gold Member
Except it's not high. The big robot guy has heavier armor and has higher TTK. Smaller characters don't.
What? This plays as slow as Halo and Destiny. As a 50 year old gezzer even I have time to react, make a cup of tea, watch corrie, then shoot back.

Edit: If thats a good or a bad thing is obviously subjective.

Last edited:

ManaByte

What? This plays as slow as Halo and Destiny. As a 50 year old gezzer even I have time to react, make a cup of tea, watch corrie, then shoot back.

Edit: If thats a good or a bad thing is obviously subjective.
It's more like Overwatch with the way TTK works. Halo and Destiny aren't hero shooters.

cormack12

Gold Member
So the overall sentiment seems to be that we've gone from DOA, garbage/trash to "it's ok" in the 2.5 hours since the beta dropped?
eat-crow.jpg

When did i say it was awful? i said it does zero for me personally, so far. Ill give it a chance over the weekend but first impressions aren't great.

Shoot me for having different opinion. I don't think this game will do very well, It needs to be FTP, like its main competition imo.

Destiny is popular in spite of its PVP btw. Bungie themselves abandoning that mode for nigh on 2 years tells you all you need to know. Hamrick had his paws all over Reach and D1 & 2 before he got pumped.

You're free to have your own opinion and dislike it

But I don't think anyone can deny the quality. Is absolutely is top-class tier mechanics, even if you don't prefer that style of game.

Varteras

So the overall sentiment seems to be that we've gone from DOA, garbage/trash to "it's ok" in the 2.5 hours since the beta dropped?

The game doesn't have any glaring issues that I can see. Some balance to improve the damage of certain characters is probably needed, but that's an easy fix with enough feedback. A big question will be progression. How much does it have and are the rewards neat? The other question will be the pace of post-launch content. How often will new characters, new maps, and new modes be introduced? I don't think this game needs to be some wild success like Helldivers was.

Killjoy-NL

But I don't think anyone can deny the quality. Is absolutely is top-class tier mechanics, even if you don't prefer that style of game.
That's what I have been trying to say for a while now.
The quality seemed to be there if you looked past the Wokeness for a sec.

Not saying it's going to be a guaranteed success (I'm 50/50 on it so far), but the gunplay is excellent and the game is really polished with clean af graphics and smooth animations.

clarky

Gold Member

Absolutely.

Although Until we get say a month or so with the full game it will be hard to form a proper opinion. games like this live and die on maps and balance and personally i cant judge that in one night. but as a first impression, i do not have a hard on.

IMO I Think at best this will do just ok.

Having an okay beta after having a really bad reveal is something to wave about? Its basically the whole game already available.

It also got really laggy for me. So much for the its really polished already.

Haven’t had a single blip of noticeable lag so far, maybe I just got lucky but it certainly feels far above average as far as netcode goes. So yeah, pretty fucking polished, especially for a beta.

clarky

Gold Member
Explain what a hero shooter is and how certain heroes have more armor and thus higher TTK?
Ok i'll play.

Hero shooters have different TTK's, however in this game the base TTK seems to be quite high. The base TTK seems to be around a high resilience build in Destiny or the TTK of Halo. That might float your boat but it feels dated. To me.

Regardless of being a Hero shooter or not the TTK is high and the movement is slow. Fuck the dodges and jumps/triple jumps are lifted straight out of Destiny, wildly regarded and bottom of the barrel Bungie PVP. Hamrick and his pals got fired for how bad and unbalanced it was.

Fuck the dodges and jumps/triple jumps are lifted straight out of Destiny, wildly regarded and bottom of the barrel Bungie PVP.

Bungie PvP is NOT bottom of the barrel. Destiny is more PvE focused, so the balance is a factor in PvP, but the mechanics are absolutely sick in Destiny PvP.

Concord is definitely more balanced, but at the same time the game really does require a lot of teamwork, moreso than many other shooters.

clarky

Gold Member
Bungie PvP is NOT bottom of the barrel. Destiny is more PvE focused, so the balance is a factor in PvP, but the mechanics are absolutely sick in Destiny PvP.

Concord is definitely more balanced, but at the same time the game really does require a lot of teamwork, moreso than many other shooters.
I respect your opinion. But Destiny PVP is a unbalanced fucking joke.

Coming from the masters(at the time), neigh the architects of console PVP in Halo, im sorry its pump. Biggest disappointment in gaming was playing Destiny 1 pvp coming from Halo.

I respect your opinion. But Destiny PVP is a unbalanced fucking joke.

Coming from the masters(at the time), neigh the architects of console PVP in Halo, im sorry its pump. Biggest disappointment in gaming was playing Destiny 1 pvp coming from Halo.

Yes, the balancing, due to how customizable that game is

But Concord is not like that. It's far more balanced, but has the mechanics that make Destiny a great shooter

tmlDan

I cant say if its DOA or not but i fkn love it, im playing the girl with the SMG and im having a fkn blast its so much fun. i hope it doesnt die :(

M.W.

This is one terrible game. At least on console as the controller feels like garbage to use. Forced crossplay is also whack.

Last edited:

M.W.

Change the sensitivity a bit i changed it and its great

I tried, it feels nothing like I want it to. It feels like an Arkane game...floaty, non tight controls. It's also pretty boring but maybe I'll give it a go tonight with some buds and see if playing together makes it worthwhile.

Last edited:
An ok beta after having to open it to everyone because its obvious the preorders were painfully low
Feel like I've seen this posted a good bit. Isn't this NOT open to the public and a closed alpha/beta? I just looked on PSN and I don't see it for download anywhere, except for preordering.

Not saying the game didn't completely bomb with preorders or won't when it launches but Sony seems to be going with what was announced when this game was first shown off, at least if what I remember.

Edit: Nevermind, I was completely wrong. Just happens to be on the PS+ page and not on the PS store page, which is umm weird?

Last edited:
Top Bottom