• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord open Beta starts July 18

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Elios83

Couldn't care less about this game but most comments I've been reading are praising the gameplay and polish.
I doubt this will become a particular hit because it's not innovating or bringing enough unique personality but it will find its audience.

Couldn't care less about this game but most comments I've been reading are praising the gameplay and polish.
I doubt this will become a particular hit because it's not innovating or bringing enough unique personality but it will find its audience.
At 40 beans it won't find enough.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

Streamers are getting payed to promote and lavish the game so naturally their followers will also do it because all sheep follow the herd. Once streamers contract expires they'll move on and everyone will forget this exists.

Elios83

Streamers are getting payed to promote and lavish the game so naturally their followers will also do it because all sheep follow the herd. Once streamers contract expires they'll move on and everyone will forget this exists.

There are tons of positive comments on different message boards as well, I doubt they're all brainwashed by paid influencers, not to mention that this happens for every game.
The game seems to be perfectly fine and fun for people who have played it.
That this is enough to be a success is a completely different matter.

Last edited:

ManaByte

I fucking hate this attitude (and it's everywhere here) of "I don't like this, so everyone else who does is being paid by the company to like it".

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
If it's an actual fact and they're being paid quite a lot, post proof.

Dude, you're the biggest corporate ass defender on here. You know I'm right so there's no need to prove it. They're called sponsorships and twitch partners have that bounty shit, where they get paid tons. https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/bounty-board-program-information-and-faq?language=en_US How can I show you the bounty board if I'm not a partner lmao?

edit: le proof before ppl quote me https://www.neogaf.com/threads/concord-open-beta-starts-july-18.1672355/page-14#post-269376720

Lots of streamers are just regular gamers trying out the beta.

Also corect.

Last edited:

ManaByte

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
So you don't have proof that Sony is paying people to like Concord. Got it.

Did you just confirm you're incredibly naive, to put it nicely, and you believe streamers are not getting paid? Cool. Thought you were smarter than that. Guess we both learned something new Today. Stay in your bubble guy.

Kokoloko85

Did you just confirm you're incredibly naive, to put it nicely, and you believe streamers are not getting paid? Cool. Thought you were smarter than that. Guess we both learned something new Today. Stay in your bubble guy.
So finally Sony is doing an MS?
I dont feel it, plenty of mixed opinions, there not all saying the same thing like its been discussed on a secret discord. Feels like the usual hate brigade for a PS game is around though..

ManaByte

You dont always need proof because it can be so obvious at times. But Concord is not one of those cases though

He said it was an "actual fact" that people were being paid large amounts of money to like Concord. When asked for proof he switched to insults and dodged the question.

Killjoy-NL

So you use the fact that some streamers are getting paid for promoting a game to imply that all positive streams for the game are paid?

You’d get the same average from reading player impressions in this thread, but hey. Do your moldy saturated cuntrag schtick.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I dont feel it, plenty of mixed opinions, there not all saying the same thing like its been discussed on a secret discord. Feels like the usual hate brigade for a PS game is around though..

A lot of streamers last night had the sponssorship and playstation ad on their steams when they were playing Concord, but ManaByte ManaByte just cant accept that his corporate lords are not evil.

Heres a few streamers

He said it was an "actual fact" that people were being paid large amounts of money to like Concord. When asked for proof he switched to insults and dodged the question.

Proof above. Enjoy.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Finally tried it on PS5. Ngl it feels fucking awful on controller. There are barely any aiming settings, no aiming curve, no aim acceleration, no deadzone settings. How is this acceptable in 2024? You focus on fucking diversity, but doing the bare minimum when it comes to ingame settings, the things that fucking matters. Game feels like you going through mud. Good luck playing againts PC players with this shit controls

Game looks great otherwise and feels polished. If it was f2p and with much better controls/settings, id probably play it more. As of now? No fucking chance.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
So you use the fact that some streamers are getting paid for promoting a game to imply that all positive streams for the game are paid?

Missed your post, ofc not. Again, I never said the game was shit. Im only stating facts that the positive early stuff is always coming from big streamers and their followers. It is always the same and then when the average consumer gets into it, you'll see a lot of mixed reactions. Cycle of life, and it shocks me that some of yall still fall for early buzz previews. Never ever rely on youtubers and streamers for game impressions. Play the game, if you like it cool.

Killjoy-NL

Missed your post, ofc not. Again, I never said the game was shit. Im only stating facts that the positive early stuff is always coming from big streamers and their followers. It is always the same and then when the average consumer gets into it, you'll see a lot of mixed reactions. Cycle of life, and it shocks me that some of yall still fall for early buzz previews. Never ever rely on youtubers and streamers for game impressions. Play the game, if you like it cool.
Almost everybody here has been talking about their own experience with the beta though, which happen to align with a lot of streamers and their followings.

It's you that claims it's all because Sony paid for the positive reactions.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Dude they disclose that they’re sponsored streams. Lirik isn’t getting out of bed if they’re not sending over 30k. It’s not even a question.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I'm actually fine with the €40 I've spent for the pre-order, if only for the fact that me pre-ordering the game really pissed off KyoZz KyoZz for some reason.

But now that I've played the beta, I think I can get my money's worth out of the game, whether it'll be a success or not.

Then again, I can see why some people feel like it should be f2p. Maybe it should be.
Why are you quoting me? You want to add another layer of stupidity with a comment?

I've said what I wanted to say and that's it. You are free to spend your money however you want man, even if it's in a bad game.

Killjoy-NL

Why are you quoting me? You want to add another layer of stupidity with a comment?

I've said what I wanted to say and that's it. You are free to spend your money however you want man, even if it's in a bad game.
Just wanted to thank you for validating my expenditure.
The game being quite enjoyable is an added bonus.

❤️

Fabieter

Finally tried it on PS5. Ngl it feels fucking awful on controller. There are barely any aiming settings, no aiming curve, no aim acceleration, no deadzone settings. How is this acceptable in 2024? You focus on fucking diversity, but doing the bare minimum when it comes to ingame settings, the things that fucking matters. Game feels like you going through mud. Good luck playing againts PC players with this shit controls

Game looks great otherwise and feels polished. If it was f2p and with much better controls/settings, id probably play it more. As of now? No fucking chance.

It's actually a good point. Alot of ps5 Players may face challenges as more PC players join the game due to forced crossplay. This could potentially lead to a decline in the number of PS5 players who currently enjoy the game.

Kokoloko85

Dude they disclose that they’re sponsored streams. Lirik isn’t getting out of bed if they’re not sending over 30k. It’s not even a question.

Sponsored are officially paid and everyone knows what it is. Theres shills out there getting paid, no official sponsorship and doing dirty work.
I wouldnt class them as the same thing

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Just wanted to let you know there is nothing for you to worry about anymore.

Gesture of goodwill.😘
As I told you before, I didn't think about it anymore. It's been a few days already and I don't give a shit about this game...
So again, why am I here if not to give my validation that seems important for you.

Grow up dude, enjoy your game and that's it.

Killjoy-NL

As I told you before, I didn't think about it anymore. It's been a few days already and I don't give a shit about this game...
So again, why am I here if not to give my validation that seems important for you.

Grow up dude, enjoy your game and that's it.
You mad about me thanking you?🤔

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You mad about me thanking you?🤔
Oh come on, we both know why you did this but again: I don't give a shit. Sorry if I was in your mind those last few days but... it's on you. My interest is with Spider-Man 2 right now (so far so good).

So yeah: grow up.

Killjoy-NL

Oh come on, we both know why you did this but again: I don't give a shit. Sorry if I was in your mind those last few days but... it's on you. My interest is with Spider-Man 2 right now (so far so good).

So yeah: grow up.
Wasn't Spiderman Woke?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Wasn't Spiderman Woke?
I... don't really know aside from ugly MJ. But what's the point anyway? Oh wait, you think my problem with Concord is because it is woke?

feels game of thrones GIF

That is the least of my concern (despite ugly as fuck chara design). I watched Manabyte gameplay for a bit yesterday and OMG, Concord is just everything I hate in gaming.

A lot of streamers last night had the sponssorship and playstation ad on their steams when they were playing Concord, but ManaByte ManaByte just cant accept that his corporate lords are not evil.

Heres a few streamers

Proof above. Enjoy.

I don't doubt that corporations pay streamers and such and I'm sure it happens for every game but why are you going out of your way to prove this for Concord? Also may I'm just not seeing it but where exactly are these streamers saying they are sponsored? Those are some long videos and I don't see it?

Ads are not a confirmation because they can't control to content of ads.

They can accept bounties but did they disclose that? That is 100% required if they accept money from a corporation.

Killjoy-NL

On the GAMEPLAY side. I've already made an incomplete list earlier in this thread.
Funny enough, gameplay is what almost everybody playing the beta seems to like.

But even then, you're just mad that people buy/pre-order a game you hate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom