• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord open Beta starts July 18

foamdino

Watched a few more matches - I think this may find an audience. Before I thought it would be dead on arrival but there are enough people that love shooty games that it just may survive > 6 months post release.

Varteras

Ban Men in Boxes before the smug cunt gives us an I told you so
5ae45735-5e36-4ab7-ab84-e9a95e809de5_text.gif

Neolombax

I like it so far, gameplay is very solid. Characters have diverse abilities and weapons. Movement is Destiny-esque as expected, TTK for me is okay. Its not a twitch shooter, and definitely leans more towards team killing but not to say you cant have multi kills either. There's a healthy amount of progression too.

clarky

Gold Member
Hmmmm. So.

First things first, sort your button prompts out on PC not everyone plays with a DS4.

First impressions are........ not great. This is literally Destiny crucible crossed with overwatch. Which brings all the things wrong with those games with it.

This is DOA imo. Will continue to play and maybe it will grow on me but this does nothing of note. Don't think the preorder will last the weekend.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Hmmmm. So.

First things first, sort your button prompts out on PC not everyone plays with a DS4.

First impressions are........ not great. This is literally Destiny crucible crossed with overwatch. Which brings all the things wrong with those games with it.

This is DOA imo. Will continue to play and maybe it will grow on me but this does nothing of note. Don't think the preorder will last the weekend.
I watched a few rounds on Twitch, couldn't be bothered to d/l it, its not for me for sure

I still think it needs to go F2P to have any type of staying power but thats just my opinion

I watched a few rounds on Twitch, couldn't be bothered to d/l it, its not for me for sure

I still think it needs to go F2P to have any type of staying power but thats just my opinion

That could well be, I think the F2P trend has done a real number on the market. For better or worse. I have never found a F2P game with this amount of polish and content out of the gate before, and it’s not even close. But that will likely not matter.

That could well be, I think the F2P trend has done a real number on the market. For better or worse. I have never found a F2P game with this amount of polish and content out of the gate before, and it’s not even close. But that will likely not matter.

The polish is insane for this type of game. I wouldn't say it wont matter. Helldivers 2 proves that people will pay for good games.

Fabieter

The polish is insane for this type of game. I wouldn't say it wont matter. Helldivers 2 proves that people will pay for good games.

There is not alot of games like helldivers 2 and it was the second game of a beloved game with a much higher budget. There is no way this will sell nearly as good.

clarky

Gold Member
I am too hooked on hardcore COD and even the TTK in Hell Let Loose and just don't enjoy shooting someone 147 times only for them to run off
I'm a MP guy as you know and this does zero for me. I even played Destiny Crucible and endured solo Not Forgotten, i'm getting flash backs. Josh Hamrick is a fraud and can GTF.
Agreed, TTK needs to be decreased a bit.

Other than that, game plays really smooth and graphically it's polished af.
Still trying to get sensitivity right though.

What I do find reallyyyy annoying, is having to select a Freerunner every time you die. Stop forcing me to character select and just let me respawn.
Yeah whats up with that, picking a dude every time you die is very strange.

Edit : Rather than being a debbie downer the postives are it runs like a dream on both my laptops (3070ti & 4090) and its very polished.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
There’s games for people like you

Go play CoD
Lets just dismiss anything negative eh? For the Record i have 500 odd hours in Destiny's Crucible and a Few hundred odd hours in Infinite. Both high TTK games.

Theres games for people like you go play the Last of us remastered. Again.

Last edited:
Lets just dismiss anything negative eh? For the Record i have 500 hours in Destiny's Crucible and a Few hundred odd hours in Infinite.

Theres games for people like you go play the Last of us remastered. Again.

TTK isn’t a negative or a positive

I cannot stand games like CoD with low TTK

Others love it

I prefer halo / destiny TTK or longer, makes engagements way more fun to me

You said the game sucks because it’s destiny and Overwatch, two highly successful games, just say it’s not for you but don’t make claims that it’s awful despite being up there with the best shooters on the market

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm a MP guy as you know and this does zero for me. I even played Destiny Crucible and endured solo Not Forgotten, i'm getting flash backs. Josh Hamrick is a fraud and can GTF.

Edit : Rather than being a debbie downer the postives are it runs like a dream on both my laptops (3070ti & 4090) and its very polished.
Yeah I am sure it will find an audience I just don't think it has staying power

Then again I have 600+ hours in Ark Survival Evolved and over 200 hours in its test server so maybe I cant judge a good game :)

In my defense right now looking at Steam played ARK still hanging in there and doing sameish numbers at Helldivers 2

xHunter

How long until we hear MS influencers tell people that this should be on xbox because it "feels like a xbox game"?

The game is polished, has decent gameplay. With the weekly events/cinematics i can see this reach constant 20k players on steam. Looks promising.

ManaByte

Others love it

You said the game sucks because it’s destiny and Overwatch, two highly successful games, just say it’s not for you but don’t make claims that it’s awful despite being up there with the best shooters on the market

TTK depends on the character and who's fighting them in Concord. It's not a banket thing like COD.

Killjoy-NL

One complaint I have on gameplay is damage of some weapons. Certain ones seem too low. If you land a full clip on someone, that should kill most characters. The rapid fire weapons probably need to be adjusted up a little bit
This also.
Really like playing as It-Z, great kit, but her damage output is shit.

It's just retarded.

Also, could someone explain the point of creatintlg a crew if you can pick 12 our of 16 freerunners?
Almost makes it kinda pointless.
They should limit it to 6, unless I'm missing something.

xHunter

This also.
Really like playing as It-Z, great kit, but her damage output is shit.

It's just retarded.

Also, could someone explain the point of creatintlg a crew if you can pick 12 our of 16 freerunners?
Almost makes it kinda pointless.
They should limit it to 6, unless I'm missing something.
You get bonus based on your crew. And if saw it correctly when you select multiple freerunners from the same class, the bonus stacks up
So havin 3 times the same freerunner can be better for you depending your playstyle.

Last edited:
That variable TTK has really thrown me for a loop. I love Titanfall and Apex, so I’m fine with both high and low TTK. But character dependent, in the same match? That will take some getting used to.

clarky

Gold Member

Others love it

When did i say it was awful? i said it does zero for me personally, so far. Ill give it a chance over the weekend but first impressions aren't great.

Shoot me for having different opinion. I don't think this game will do very well, It needs to be FTP, like its main competition imo.

Destiny is popular in spite of its PVP btw. Bungie themselves abandoning that mode for nigh on 2 years tells you all you need to know. Hamrick had his paws all over Reach and D1 & 2 before he got pumped.

Last edited:

mrqs

It's kinda cool to play but I'm not sure who would spend more than a few hours on this and then go right back into something they care more about.

clarky

Gold Member
TTK depends on the character and who's fighting them in Concord. It's not a banket thing like COD.
Not played COD then recently then I take it. warzone even more so.

I can't think of popular arena shooter with a TTK this high. Its a thing of the past.

Then again ive not played Fortnite, how is that games TTK compared to this?

Top Bottom