• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord open Beta starts July 18

Another thing that really struck me is there's no reason to keep playing. It doesn't have a hook, you don't unlock anything worth mentioning, there's no weapons, finishers etc.

The job board is supposed to replace that I guess but the rewards are really dull.

Game was pretty good but I'm not sure I'll buy it. The TTK is insane but not in a bad way I like that. There's plenty of games with quick TTK out there it's nice to have one that sort of goes it's own way with TTK and makes it longer.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I was gonna try it on Steam, then I realized it was only available for PS5 AND is not F2P, but you have to pay for it? Like, man you know people have like 10 other F2P games they already enjoy, with a mature community, friends on it, etc. and the trailer for this was received with lots of criticism, they really don't want to sell the thing lol. Not to mention that many players for these types of games are broken gamers which, have they had the money to buy new games, they'd go more for the newest and popular single player ones they saw on twitch.

its not, its more of a hybrid arena shooter if anything, you clearly don't know shit about it tbh
Please explain to me why it has nearly the exact same U.I.?

There is also literally a character like McCree with a revolver!

No one can make anything unique anymore it's a shame.

That wasn't the point though.

Gameplay looks very fluid and solid and the more I watch it, the more it looks like Destiny Crucible, which has hands-down the best gunplay of any FPS.
If they nail that, I think a lot of people might change their minds on the game.

Because as you said, it's all about the gameplay, right?
Destiny has the best gunplay!? LMFAO WHAT!?

The crucible was fun in the first game, idk about 2 though.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Please explain to me why it has nearly the exact same U.I.?

There is also literally a character like McCree with a revolver!

No one can make anything unique anymore it's a shame.

Sigh* you looked at one character, the rest are not like OW heroes at all. Yes, some have similarities but the actual game modes, the team system are vastly different.

You clearly didn't play it, you also didn't play destiny 2 and your comment below this one laughed at it having the best shooting gameplay on consoles (it does).

Maybe sit this one out.

Lots of people think this including me. The Gunplay in Destiny is very good.
It always felt very spongy to me. When I played the first game I remember having to pump enemies in the crucible.

Comparing that to something Battlefield 3, Battlefield V, MWII 2022 or Hell Let Loose is like night and day to me.

I guess it's subjective of course but to myself, great gun play means the gun functions like a real fire arm or at least feels like it has some weight in my hands even if it takes like 4-5 shots.

Fabieter

It always felt very spongy to me. When I played the first game I remember having to pump enemies in the crucible.

Comparing that to something Battlefield 3, Battlefield V, MWII 2022 or Hell Let Loose is like night and day to me.

I guess it's subjective of course but to myself, great gun play means the gun functions like a real fire arm or at least feels like it has some weight in my hands even if it takes like 4-5 shots.

Nah you can really say that the gunplay in concord is good. The question is if that is enough for you to care.

Nydius

As a game it's fine but it needed to be exceptional to claw back any hope of being a hit and it's not. It's just, average.

After spending a fair bit of time on it Saturday evening and Sunday, this was my take away as well. It’s got strengths, and it’s got a lot of weaknesses. It’s polished and plays decently but, overall, it’s merely okay. Being ‘merely okay’ isn’t going to cut it.

Although I had plenty of fun with it (and plenty of frustration, running into these persistent shield comps that made Overwatch shield comps look tame), I can’t really identify anything that would make me want to play this long term. I also felt a bit like I did back in the MMO gold rush era where everyone was trying to take down WoW: “Why would I want to start over at square one here when I have literal years of unlocks and cosmetics on a similar game? (Overwatch)”

Killjoy-NL

. I also felt a bit like I did back in the MMO gold rush era where everyone was trying to take down WoW: “Why would I want to start over at square one here when I have literal years of unlocks and cosmetics on a similar game? (Overwatch)”
On that note:

FFXIV originally bombed hard. Maybe one of the biggest flops ever.

Now, after A Realm Reborn, I believe it's even bigger than WoW.

The benefit of Live Service games, is that they can recover long-term, depending on how developers handle community feedback.
That's not to say Concord will follow a similar path to FFXIV, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

(No Man's Sky is another good example)

Last edited:
The game is far from bad, but it is BLAND as all hell. It's hardly balanced with all the horrendous TTK for most characters and all the stupid unlimited ability spawning for support items. Map design is an uninspired mess, and character design just not cut it since it feels like playing using a bunch of losers or society's riffraffs. The gunplay is good and it feels great to control some of the character but everything else is subpar.

Not to mention this will be Dead-on-Arrival as it is a paid game. All the competition for this are F2P, so Sony is shooting their own feet with this one. Not even Overwatch before their fall decided to charge for OW2. I'm sorry to say but this should cook for another year and go F2P or else it'll be the first and last project of Firewalk behind Sony's backing. I expect Fairgames to fail the same way if these issues repeat themselves.

Last edited:
After playing some more of the beta. I'm starting to like it more than I was expecting. I'm definitely not that good at the game and flat out suck with some of the characters.
I do pretty well as Lennox and Duchess. Still haven't tried most of them.

Killjoy-NL

After playing some more of the beta. I'm starting to like it more than I was expecting. I'm definitely not that good at the game and flat out suck with some of the characters.
I do pretty well as Lennox and Duchess. Still haven't tried most of them.
The game takes a while to get used to. Once you get the hang of it, matches become much more strategic and engaging.

And you'll die less. I think that is part of what turns people off the game.

The game takes a while to get used to. Once you get the hang of it, matches become much more strategic and engaging.

And you'll die less. I think that is part of what turns people off the game.
Took me until today to realize I had to double tap circle . . . ha. I was like what does this circle ability do?

I feel like I could benefit from a bot mode to try out all the characters some first.

Lots of people think this including me. The Gunplay in Destiny is very good.

It's smooth in with how the movement is while shooting. Other than that, it's terrible, buggy and just lazy developed. For instance, damage is based on how far your camera is from the target. So when you use a sniper rifle, the game would teleport you across the map to make calculations. Awhile ago before Bungie fixed it, people would break the game into 3rd person and use SkyBurners Oath which has zero bullet travel time to shoot people while behind cover.

Killjoy-NL

Took me until today to realize I had to double tap circle . . . ha. I was like what does this circle ability do?

I feel like I could benefit from a bot mode to try out all the characters some first.
Yeah, for some reason they turned off the training mode for the beta.
Which was a weird decision, because you just had to figure out all the skills on the go.

Afaik there should be a training mode, as well as some time-trial mode.

Last edited:
Back in the good old days we played for this thing called fun. Everything was unlocked and ready to use from day one.
Yeah, things have moved on considerably. Presumably they DO actually want people to return to the game for some reason other than fun. It's not even that fun either. It's just ok.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
what kind of multiplayer is that game going to be?
"As huge fans of competitive multiplayer experiences, FAIRGAME$ came from a desire to create a new type of PVP game with emergent sandbox gameplay. We want to deliver a fresh multiplayer experience that rewards creativity and mastery, and delivers surprising stories each and every time you play."

The trailer makes it looks like a 3v3v3v3 heist game.

Kokoloko85

Funny enough, I actually love playing as Teo. Those grenades can really do some good damage.
Lark /Groot at home is my main

If he’s taken I use the weirdo teleporting chick. Man everything about her design and voice acting is lame but the kills you can pull off with your teleport, or disrupting a whole rival team with it is great.

S0ULZB0URNE

Do you really want me to break it down for you why what you believe is ignorant of reality? I'm not sure you'll care, but if you'd like, I'm willing to do so.

EDIT: Nah. I'm just gonna go ahead and do it.

See, you're not being charged for the beta. There's no extra money involved. You're being charged the same amount as someone who waits and buys the game after release.

That is called a pre-order. Now here's the thing, as it is a pre-order, you can cancel prior to release. For that pre-order, they give you early access to a beta test so you can decide even earlier than the open beta if you like what you played. That's terrible!! If you don't like it you can cancel??

WOW! They gave you the ability to see if you like the game before they actually take your money. SO ANTI-CONSUMER! And! They even give you extra codes to hand to your friends! So they don't even have to put ANY money down to try it with you! And again, if you don't like it you can get your money back!

BUT! If you don't want to be even remotely hassled with that.... then don't pre-order and you and your friends can just try it for free a little later. WHAT?! They're giving you these options for you and your friends to decide if you want to commit money by playing the game before its release date?? HOLY CRAP. That is anti-consumer as fuck!
It’s a preorder bonus before an open beta. There’s nothing wrong with it. There are plenty of worse practices.

This is beautiful. Two people arguing and then talking about pizza.

@Jakk S0ULZB0URNE S0ULZB0URNE Do you think we could have that? 🥰

Yawn

Top Bottom