• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord Registers 1100 players on First Day of Open Beta (Steam)

Killjoy-NL

Yeah, fuck right off with that shitty ass opinion. Stellar Blade is a fucking fantastic game. I haven't enjoyed an action game this much since Sekiro.
For the record, I said nothing about the quality of Stellar Blade. It does seem like a good game, even though I dont care for it.

But people shouldn't act like those games are enough for Sony to move away from their Gaas strategy. Those kind of games don't have massive pull.

That's ignoring the fact that Gaas is an addition to, not a replacement for singleplayer games.
So wishing for Sony Gaas, in general, to fail is very short-sighted. Especially when talking about a game selling a mere 1M.

See I disagree with everyone. I am excited for this game!

Seeing companies utterly flounder after making dumb as fuck decisions like a character roster of Walmart motorized cart customers. trying to cosplay legally distinct enough Guardians of the Galaxy fills me with positive emotions. And then we get amazing articles from journos that act as one parts angry tumblr rant and one parts infomercial. It's the gift that keeps on giving and I don't have to spend the 40 bucks.

Ah, this news cycle will be some good entertainment. I doubt it will be Suicide Squad trainwreck material but we can be surprised with the metadiscussion. We even have a console war dimension to it which will create some choice takes. I await to see how Team Blue tries to make this turd look like gold cause they are emotionally compelled to, and how Team Green pounces like gleeful sociopaths cause they are emotionally compelled to. It really would not be as entertaining if Concord was third party.

Last edited:

Zathalus

No one shoveling dirt on Concord saw Valorant coming. They didn't see RS Seige coming. They don't realize how popular CSGO is today. They think Overwatch is dead despite being one of the most popular games on earth today. They don't even think about Team Fortress 2 which averages 150k on Steam.

The people shoveling dirt on Concord think Live Service is a "crap shoot" until it's a game they don't expect to do well.

Never side with the internet James Sawyer Ford. They're always wrong. Always.

Here's what going to happen. Concord will struggle at $40 dollars. ThE iNtErNeT will do their predictable victory parade despite not understanding GAAS. It'll go F2P, then 3 years later they'll Tweet out about the new Freegunner and mode coming with their Season 11 update. It will generate more money than Stellar Blade and Astro Bot combined. It's just not going to happen right away.
I don’t think Concord is destined to fail because it’s Live Service, I thinks it’s destined to fail as it’s a mediocre paid game launching in a market dominated by F2P competitors that have had years to perfect the formula. It might get a boost going F2P down the road, but that doesn’t guarantee success in the live service market either. For every live service success in the AAA space you can point to a failure as well.

Killjoy-NL

I don’t think Concord is destined to fail because it’s Live Service, I thinks it’s destined to fail as it’s a mediocre paid game launching in a market dominated by F2P competitors that have had years to perfect the formula. It might get a boost going F2P down the road, but that doesn’t guarantee success in the live service market either. For every live service success in the AAA space you can point to a failure as well.
It only really needs to be profitable though.

Helldivers 2 also wasn't expected to be such a massive hit, yet it got scooped up by Sony as part of their Gaas library.

Likely the same for Concord. As long as it has an active community and is profitable, it's good.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Horrible designs, but the modeling, animations and details are very good. What a waste of money.
I agree.

Ive seen vids and dont care for the gameplay, the hero based stuff or characters. I dont like the pastelly colour palette either.

But the game does have a decent looking lighting/realistic look to it. It's not Overwatch bright stuff, or gritty like a serious military game. But the shading/lighting has a unique look to it.

But as you said, the animation poses look oddly good. And lip syncing too.

Last edited:
For the record, I said nothing about the quality of Stellar Blade. It does seem like a good game, even though I dont care for it.

But people shouldn't act like those games are enough for Sony to move away from their Gaas strategy. Those kind of games don't have massive pull.

That's ignoring the fact that Gaas is an addition to, not a replacement for singleplayer games.
So wishing for Sony Gaas, in general, to fail is very short-sighted. Especially when talking about a game selling a mere 1M.
Bro, you said no 40 year old man would be defending Stellar Blade if the main character was dressed conservatively, meaning the game has nothing going for it, except T&A. So, respectfully, you were commenting on the quality of the game.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

My mistake. But then I guess I don't understand why you quoted me directly originally. Also, you did give a big brain reaction to the original post I did quote, meaning you agree at least somewhat.
I quoted you because I did give a big brain, but that wasn't necessarily related to the quality of the gameplay in Stellar Blade.
I do agree with the sentiment of what was said. (There also a lot of double-standards on Gaf)

The rest was just a general comment using your post as jumping platform.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Funny coming from you:

I know it's this forums concensus to shit on hellblade 2 at every opportunity but I would play that all day over concorde once to completion over another round of concorde.

Hellblade 2 offers something unique in its premise and feels like the game ninja Theory wanted to make.

This game feels like a game made by committee with nothing original in it at all. It's chasing a trend and missed the mark by a country mile.

The more I think about it, the worse it is.

this is a game that is purely designed to capture a trend and try and make money off it. At least hellblade 2 is an studios true intention. They made their game, many could say they failed but I respect people taking a shot at something and missing a little over trying to copy what's popular and lacking any smidgen of soul in the process.

By all means, buy the game and enjoy it but I strongly suggest picking up overwatch 2 and giving it a good go instead. Buy some transformer skins if you want.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I know it's this forums concensus to shit on hellblade 2 at every opportunity but I would play that all day over concorde once to completion over another round of concorde.

Hellblade 2 offers something unique in its premise and feels like the game ninja Theory wanted to make.

This game feels like a game made by committee with nothing original in it at all. It's chasing a trend and missed the mark by a country mile.

The more I think about it, the worse it is.

this is a game that is purely designed to capture a trend and try and make money off it. At least hellblade 2 is an studios true intention. They made their game, many could say they failed but I respect people taking a shot at something and missing a little over trying to copy what's popular and lacking any smidgen of soul in the process.

By all means, buy the game and enjoy it but I strongly suggest picking up overwatch 2 and giving it a good go instead. Buy some transformer skins if you want.
You do realize that logic can be applied the other way round?

I've played the beta for 14 hours already, that's 12 hours more gameplay than Hellblade 2 apparently.

And I'm even still looking forward to playing Hellblade 2, even though it turns out to barely have any gameplay and is more expensive than Concord.

It was just ironic seeing you in here in light if your defense of Hellblade 2.
That's kind of the double-standards I was talking about in my previous post above.

That is not how any of this worked. Bungie was not judge jury and executioner of the other live service projects, they consulted and provided their expertise and feedback.

Naughty Dog made the call based on the choices of either devoting all their studio resources to supporting TLOU Online or continuing to be able to produce AAA single player games.

This "Sony should stay in their lane" nonsense continues to boggle my mind. This is not an either or situation and never has been.
I never said anything about them "staying in their lane" so I don't know what you're talking about. I'm saying if they want to do live service they should offer something original or at least rare like Helldivers 2. That game is awesome and offers a unique take on GAAS. Trying to enter into a very crowded market by releasing a mediocre game like Concord that doesn't differentiate itself from other free games in the genre and charging $40 for it will only lead to failure. They are better off using that money on something else like another SP blockbuster game that will offer better return on investment.

They need to be more careful how they fund GAAS games. I understand why they need GAAS games as a business and I enjoy a few of them myself but the shotgun approach to funding them will lead to a lot of loss and pain for Sony. I'm sure even Sony themselves have realized this by now and it's why they've scaled back on their GAAS approach. I'm still struggling to understand how the Spiderman multiplayer game from Insomniac got cancelled but Concord was allowed to continue. That Spiderman game at least offered something unique that only Sony can deliver well and they shut it down only to fund Concord which looks like a terrible Overwatch copycat.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

They are better off using that money on something else like another SP blockbuster game that will offer better return on investment.
This is what I was talking about:
Which SP blockbusters would that be exactly?

Because it ain't Stellar Blade or Rise of the Ronin. Nor was it Returnal.

People are acting like a non-Gaas title will automatically be a systemseller.

Last edited:
This is what I was talking about:
Which SP blockbusters would that be exactly?

Because it ain't Stellar Blade or Rise of the Ronin. Nor was it Returnal.

People are acting like a non-Gaas title will automatically be a systemseller.
I don't know, some future project from ND or one of the many AAA studios they have. Anything is better than throwing money away on this flop which iis pretty much guaranteed to fail.

SJRB

Gold Member

If anyone fancies a cheap laugh, these are the characters. Imagine thinking people will buy skins for these 😂😂

21be8ebb5f289c42c4b1f67e712d9004_w200.gif

Legit some of the worst characters I have ever seen. They should just add the list of checkmarks for each character.

And the robots having pronouns is just icing on this shitcake.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You do realize that logic can be applied the other way round?

I've played the beta for 14 hours already, that's 12 hours more gameplay than Hellblade 2 apparently.

And I'm even still looking forward to playing Hellblade 2, even though it turns out to barely have any gameplay and is more expensive than Concord.

It was just ironic seeing you in here in light if your defense of Hellblade 2.
That's kind of the double-standards I was talking about in my previous post above.

Hey, if the games for you. Go for it.

I'm just saying it does nothing for me, I think its a soulless cash grab and its pretty shit imo. I've played Multi games, i'd rather play overwatch 2 and advise others to do the same but you do you. :)

I'd also advise to sub to one months gamepass for Hellblade 2, and then you can enjoy other games too as you will complete it in 5 to 6 hours.

Killjoy-NL

Hey, if the games for you. Go for it.

I'm just saying it does nothing for me, I think its a soulless cash grab and its pretty shit imo. I've played Multi games, i'd rather play overwatch 2 and advise others to do the same but you do you. :)
Fair enough, but you seem quite invested with directing people away from this specific game.🙃
I'd also advise to sub to one months gamepass for Hellblade 2, and then you can enjoy other games too as you will complete it in 5 to 6 hours.
Nah, I'll wait for the PS5 release and just buy it then.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
If only PlayStation considered this position when purchasing Firewalk for how many millions of dollars? Where were you? They needed you.

Killjoy-NL

I don't think it's about that. I think if you make games solely for the minority, you will get a minority of people that will play it.
True, that's why I don't feel the backlash is unwarranted.
I just think people overdid it a bit.
Especially since a lot of people who played the beta came around and seem to have actually enjoyed it.

Curious to see how this weekend will go, when it's going into open beta.

Also, a lot depends on how Firewalk is going to handle the feedback.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Ah yes, because game companies are famous for never releasing AAA flops.
Track record my friend. Track record.

PlayStation has built an expertise in this industry that few others have. Their batting average over the last 30 years is pretty solid.

The internet, does not have that same track record. The internet gets GAAS wrong non stop and acts like it doesn't.

Michael Jordan hit roughly 50 percent of his shots.
Anthony Bennett hit 38 percent of his shots.

There's a lot of Anthony Benetts who think their Michael Jordans out there.

Zathalus

Track record my friend. Track record.

PlayStation has built an expertise in this industry that few others have. Their batting average over the last 30 years is pretty solid.

The internet, does not have that same track record. The internet gets GAAS wrong non stop and acts like it doesn't.

Michael Jordan hit roughly 50 percent of his shots.
Anthony Bennett hit 38 percent of his shots.

There's a lot of Anthony Benetts who think their Michael Jordans out there.
Sony does have a really good track record with games but it certainly is not perfect. My opinion looking at the preorder numbers, hype on social media, and the general sentiment around the game is that this does not seem like it’s going to be a success that Sony is likely hoping for. Naturally I could be wrong, that’s why I stated it was my opinion.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Sony does have a really good track record with games but it certainly is not perfect. My opinion looking at the preorder numbers, hype on social media, and the general sentiment around the game is that this does not seem like it’s going to be a success that Sony is likely hoping for. Naturally I could be wrong, that’s why I stated it was my opinion.
Understood. That's why I used the MJ reference. They obviously can and will continue to miss on occasion. Will be fun to watch player metrics after the onslaught of "Concord is dead" content we get after it stumbles out of the gate.

Killjoy-NL

I think people also tend to overlook the fact that Gaas-titles evolve over time.

Killjoy-NL

Some fanboys are like some kinda of shareholders. 'Fuck if the game is one of the best games ever, uncle Sony needs money you guys need to understand'.
Fuck GaaS and their apologists.
Meanwhile, we have Gaf praising No Man's Sky for the latest update.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Are you really gonna reply everyone with this shit argument of yours? For real?

I hate GaaS, that part you understand right? But Helldivers 2 is a great game and I'm not against good games.

Hope you get that part before quoting every fucking one in this thread.
Does it upset you?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Meanwhile, we have Gaf praising No Man's Sky for the latest update.
Rebound for a game that actually looked like it had potential to begin with and the team has worked for years making this game into something really nice to play vs a game that looked dull to begin with and has zero depth?

Yeah NMS deserves a ton of praise for not turning their backs on it like so many other let down game Devs have done

If Concord doesn't go free to play asap its dead

clarky

Gold Member
I think the only way this happens is if they make it free to play and start selling character skins that allow people to reskin the base character designs.
4d chess. Make your characters so bad then sell Han Solo, GOTG and RoboCop reskins.

If they were great in the first place they'd sell no skins.

Then again just make a decent game in the first place and none of these issues would exist.

vivftp

I never said anything about them "staying in their lane" so I don't know what you're talking about. I'm saying if they want to do live service they should offer something original or at least rare like Helldivers 2. That game is awesome and offers a unique take on GAAS. Trying to enter into a very crowded market by releasing a mediocre game like Concord that doesn't differentiate itself from other free games in the genre and charging $40 for it will only lead to failure. They are better off using that money on something else like another SP blockbuster game that will offer better return on investment.

They need to be more careful how they fund GAAS games. I understand why they need GAAS games as a business and I enjoy a few of them myself but the shotgun approach to funding them will lead to a lot of loss and pain for Sony. I'm sure even Sony themselves have realized this by now and it's why they've scaled back on their GAAS approach. I'm still struggling to understand how the Spiderman multiplayer game from Insomniac got cancelled but Concord was allowed to continue. That Spiderman game at least offered something unique that only Sony can deliver well and they shut it down only to fund Concord which looks like a terrible Overwatch copycat.

When you say the following:

"They should get back to releasing blockbuster AAA games like Ghost of Tsushima 2 that their core fanbase actually care about and stop trying to be like Activision and Epic with this shitty GAAS gold rush."

You are telling Sony to stay in their lane, and that is pure and utter nonsense. They never stopped releasing AAA blockbusters and they never will. They are also fully in their right to expand into new areas, such as this live service push. They are not using that money instead of making single player blockbusters, this is an additional investment that's been added to their budget to allow them to try and reach new audiences with their own published content.

How popular Concord is and how much it differentiates itself from the field will be decided by the market when the game actually releases. It could bomb, it could be a decent success or it could be a huge success, we have no way of telling at this point in time. The Steam CCU from a closed beta more than a month out from launch is not definitive proof of how the game will actually perform, only time will tell.

Sony has not scaled back their live service approach, a couple of games got cancelled which is just the nature of video games. Dev on TLOU Online was stopped because ND had to decide between devoting all their resources to that one game or being able to continue making single player games. London Studios was shut down, which of course meant their live service game was cancelled. We don't have any explanation behind that decision so we can't conclude it was due to any changes to their live service push. Twisted Metal was apparently never greenlit, and it was moved from Lucid to Firesprite, so it appears they were never able to pull things together in concepting/pre-production to get the green light to proceed with it. Same with the Insomniac Spider-Man live service game, it was never greenlit. The game Deviation was making for Sony apparently didn't come together and Sony pulled the game from them, but the game very well may still be in development under a new internal studio under Jason Blundell as a bunch of former Deviation staff are apparently working with him on an unknown project. Sony's still got plenty of other live service games in the works, nothing was scaled back. There's Concord, Fairgame$, Marathon, Horizon Online, potentially Jason Blundells game, Horizon MMORPG, Neon Kois game, and Bungie could possibly have any of the following at various stages of development (Destiny 3, Matter, Project Gummy Bears). Plus they're publishing Convallaria. This is on top of existing live service titles like Helldivers 2, Destiny 2 and MLB.

Keep in mind games take several years to make and Concord's been in development for about 6 years now. The gaming landscape when a game begins development might not be the landscape when a game finishes development. It might get more crowded or it might shift in other ways. Concord may not be your cup of tea but it is the cup of tea for others. We'll have to wait for the actual launch of the game to see just how many others. The open beta this week might help to at least put things into a bit better perspective. I'm personally not certain if I'll pick it up or not, I've already got Destiny 2 and Helldivers 2 on my plate for live service games. I'll try the open beta again this weekend and see how that shapes my perspective on the game.

ReBurn

Gold Member
4d chess. Make your characters so bad then sell Han Solo, GOTG and RoboCop reskins.

If they were great in the first place they'd sell no skins.

Then again just make a decent game in the first place and none of these issues would exist.
I agree. I kind of think they've backed themselves into a corner because they may overestimate how much people are going to care about relating to the characters. The economy of successful games of this style often comes down to cosmetic item sales like skins, and things that don't necessarily rely on the background of the characters themselves.

I'm not trying to unleash the woke monster, but I think that with this game the gender identity of the characters is so front and center that selling skins could be a challenge. The devs likely wouldn't want to make character skins be more than costume changes because they wouldn't want someone overlaying a powerful and diverse non-binary character with a Han Solo skin and risk some sort of "erasure" backlash.

To me the only real hook the game has for the masses is the gameplay and that seems rather average so far. Hopefully the other modes will offer something really special.

When you say the following:

"They should get back to releasing blockbuster AAA games like Ghost of Tsushima 2 that their core fanbase actually care about and stop trying to be like Activision and Epic with this shitty GAAS gold rush."

You are telling Sony to stay in their lane, and that is pure and utter nonsense. They never stopped releasing AAA blockbusters and they never will. They are also fully in their right to expand into new areas, such as this live service push. They are not using that money instead of making single player blockbusters, this is an additional investment that's been added to their budget to allow them to try and reach new audiences with their own published content.

How popular Concord is and how much it differentiates itself from the field will be decided by the market when the game actually releases. It could bomb, it could be a decent success or it could be a huge success, we have no way of telling at this point in time. The Steam CCU from a closed beta more than a month out from launch is not definitive proof of how the game will actually perform, only time will tell.

Sony has not scaled back their live service approach, a couple of games got cancelled which is just the nature of video games. Dev on TLOU Online was stopped because ND had to decide between devoting all their resources to that one game or being able to continue making single player games. London Studios was shut down, which of course meant their live service game was cancelled. We don't have any explanation behind that decision so we can't conclude it was due to any changes to their live service push. Twisted Metal was apparently never greenlit, and it was moved from Lucid to Firesprite, so it appears they were never able to pull things together in concepting/pre-production to get the green light to proceed with it. Same with the Insomniac Spider-Man live service game, it was never greenlit. The game Deviation was making for Sony apparently didn't come together and Sony pulled the game from them, but the game very well may still be in development under a new internal studio under Jason Blundell as a bunch of former Deviation staff are apparently working with him on an unknown project. Sony's still got plenty of other live service games in the works, nothing was scaled back. There's Concord, Fairgame$, Marathon, Horizon Online, potentially Jason Blundells game, Horizon MMORPG, Neon Kois game, and Bungie could possibly have any of the following at various stages of development (Destiny 3, Matter, Project Gummy Bears). Plus they're publishing Convallaria. This is on top of existing live service titles like Helldivers 2, Destiny 2 and MLB.

Keep in mind games take several years to make and Concord's been in development for about 6 years now. The gaming landscape when a game begins development might not be the landscape when a game finishes development. It might get more crowded or it might shift in other ways. Concord may not be your cup of tea but it is the cup of tea for others. We'll have to wait for the actual launch of the game to see just how many others. The open beta this week might help to at least put things into a bit better perspective. I'm personally not certain if I'll pick it up or not, I've already got Destiny 2 and Helldivers 2 on my plate for live service games. I'll try the open beta again this weekend and see how that shapes my perspective on the game.
I’m not telling them to stay in their lane, that’s you inferring that and making up bullshit that I never said. I did mention Helldivers 2 and how I liked that but you conveniently glossed over that and chose to put words in my mouth. I want them to release original and exciting GAAS like Helldivers 2 if they are gonna do GAAS or simply stick to what they are good at. If you’re going to misquote me and cherry pick only what you want to hear from my posts then don’t bother replying to me.

There’s no point in them wasting millions of dollars on shitty and unoriginal GAAS games like Concord that are copies of other games done to death in a crowded market only for them to inevitably flop and make Sony lose money. If they don’t know what to do with money, they should invest the money back into their AAA first party studios that release blockbuster games and get them to make even better games.

Last edited:

vivftp

I’m not telling them to stay in their lane, that’s you inferring that and making up bullshit that I never said. I did mention Helldivers 2 and how I liked that but you convinetely glossed over that and chose to put words in my mouth. I want them to release original and exciting GAAS like Helldivers 2 if they are gonna do GAAS or simply stick to what they are good at. If you’re going to misquote me and cherry pick only what you want to hear from my posts then don’t bother replying to me.

Again:

In other words, "stop chasing the GAAS trends and stick to what I think your core fanbase wants". lol, you may not want to acknowledge that's what you were telling Sony to do, but it was.

I did not gloss over you mentioning HD2, what you fail to realize is that what you do or do not like does not necessarily reflect what others do and do not like. You and I love Helldivers 2, great. There're others who love Concord also, do we ignore their feelings on the game just because it's not your cup of tea? You not finding Concord exciting doesn't mean that others don't find it exciting. Like I said, the market will decide the games fate when it launches, we just have to wait and see.

Again:

In other words, "stop chasing the GAAS trends and stick to what I think your core fanbase wants". lol, you may not want to acknowledge that's what you were telling Sony to do, but it was.

I did not gloss over you mentioning HD2, what you fail to realize is that what you do or do not like does not necessarily reflect what others do and do not like. You and I love Helldivers 2, great. There're others who love Concord also, do we ignore their feelings on the game just because it's not your cup of tea? You not finding Concord exciting doesn't mean that others don't find it exciting. Like I said, the market will decide the games fate when it launches, we just have to wait and see.
Screw those other people's feelings, I really don't care what they like. There aren't enough people out there to justify the money Sony has probably spent on this game.

The market it's trying to get into is overcrowded and its biggest competitors are free to play games that look way more fun to play and have more going on for them in the looks and originality department. I would welcome this game if it was doing something new and original from a looks and gameplay perspective but unfortunately it isn't. On top of that, Sony is charging $40 for it when its biggest competitors are all free to play. They haven't done a good job convincing me why I should want to pay $40 for this game. The character designs being boring I can overlook if the game had a hook going for it in the gameplay department but I haven't seen anything that screams at me that this is worth $40 or that it's doing something that Overwatch or Destiny aren't already doing same or better.

They need a big hook to sell this game at $40 when its biggest competitors are free and I just don't see it, I'm sorry. I still maintain that Sony would have been better off investing this money into expanding their already existing studios and projects or just funding a better and more original GAAS game idea. The money they spent on this game is a waste unfortunately as they aren't going to make it back from the look of things.

Last edited:

vivftp

Screw those other people's feelings, I really don't care what they like. There aren't enough people out there to justify the money Sony has probably spent on this game.

The market it's trying to get into is overcrowded and it's biggest competitors are free to play games that look way more fun to play and have more going on for them in the looks and originality department. I would welcome this game if it was doing something new and original from a looks and gameplay perspective but unfortunately it isn't. On top of that, Sony is charging $40 for it when it's biggest competitors are all free to play. They haven't done a good job convincing me why I should want to pay $40 for this game. The character designs being boring I can overlook if the game had a hook going for it in the gameplay department but I haven't seen anything that screams at me that this is worth $40 or that it's doing something that Overwatch or Destiny aren't already doing same or better.

They need a big hook to sell this game at $40 when it's biggest competitors are free and I just don't see it, I'm sorry. I still maintain that Sony would have been better off investing this money into expanding their already existing studios and projects or just funding a better and more original GAAS game idea. The money they spent on this game is a waste unfortunately as they aren't going to make it back from the look of things.

This is where we differ. I am willing to wait and see what the reality of the situation will be rather than jumping to conclusions based off of limited data. It may or may not be for me in the end, I was hoping the movement would be a bit faster and tighter like Destiny with its crucible mode, but I'll give it another whirl this weekend. Even if it's not for me in the end, I am willing to accept that it will be for others and that's perfectly fine with me. The only thing I don't know is how many others, and we won't know that for another month or so.

Sony has invested a LOT of money into growing its existing studios, acquiring new studios, forming new partnerships and growing their business in any number of ways. This is not an either/or situation. It's their money to spend and their risk to take, just like with every single other game they make.

Sony and Firewalk are shooting their shot, and only the time will tell us how successful it is.

Top Bottom