• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord Registers 1100 players on First Day of Open Beta (Steam)

Hrk69

Gold Member
Does this have 120fps on console?

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

Killjoy-NL

No, even though it's a UE5 game, it doesn't use any UE5 specific feature like Nanite, Lumen, Virtual shadow maps etc either.
Offtopic, but do those features even work @120fps?

I know Fortnite only uses those features @ 60fps, @120fps it doesn't. Afaik.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Offtopic, but do those features even work @120fps?

I know Fortnite only uses those features @ 60fps, @120fps it doesn't. Afaik.

Yes. PC versions hit 120 or higher with frame gen with all the bells and whistles.

Immortals of Aveum runs > 60 with frame-gen but it barely, if at all, goes over 100 fps on consoles, though that game runs at practically a 720p internal resolution.

Lumen / Nanite aren't tied to performance, the consoles just don't have enough grunt to reach 120 with them, let alone a locked 60.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Yes. PC versions hit 120 or higher with frame gen with all the bells and whistles.

Immortals of Aveum runs > 60 with frame-gen but it barely, if at all, goes over 100 fps on consoles, though that game runs at practically a 720p internal resolution.

Lumen / Nanite aren't tied to performance, the consoles just don't have enough grunt to reach 120 with them, let alone a locked 60.
Yeah, should've been a bit more clear that I was asking about consoles.

Makes sense.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Meanwhile, we have Gaf praising No Man's Sky for the latest update.

No man's sky had Sean Murray on late night shows it had landed with such impact.

The hype was beyond belief from the first showing. It sold 7 million copies before anyone realised it hadn't hit the mark on the lofty thoughts and dreams that the players had been lead to believe.

The difference is they had an incredibly original product doing something that's never been seen before, especially for an indie game...and you are comparing it to this empty piece of shit?

Killjoy-NL

No man's sky had Sean Murray on late night shows it had landed with such impact.

The hype was beyond belief from the first showing. It sold 7 million copies before anyone realised it hadn't hit the mark on the lofty thoughts and dreams that the players had been lead to believe.

The difference is they had an incredibly original product doing something that's never been seen before, especially for an indie game...and you are comparing it to this empty piece of shit?
It also shows that Gaas titles are able to recover from bad launches over time due to continuous support/updates and listening to community feedback.

FFXIV is another good example.

Gaas titles aren't like singleplayer where the product at release is pretty much all you're gonna get.

Whether or not Firewalk is going to listen to community feedback and act accordingly remains to be seen.
But that's why I always say that Gaas titles should really be judged after 2 or 3 years.

Last edited:

havoc00

I hope more people keep talking about it wanna see how the open beta goes tomorrow and get a final verdict after everyone plays it

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
I hope more people keep talking about it wanna see how the open beta goes tomorrow and get a final verdict after everyone plays it
Its outdated and trash bro, i got few youtubers i trust(cant trust professional journous anymore for obvious reasons- they sell out :p) and its bashed hard
I follow that guy from before TLOU so over 10 years and look what his impressions are

PeteBull

Gold Member
I don't need random youtubers to tell me if should like something or not. I just play it myself which I did last weekend. It's not great but it's not trash either.
Ofc, bro, if u like it u like it, just dont expect any blockbuster game, ur 40$ pre-order(reason u could play in that closed beda ;p) is ur hard earned cash and u can do with it what u want, obviously :D

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

If anyone fancies a cheap laugh, these are the characters. Imagine thinking people will buy skins for these 😂😂

RYSu3YM.jpeg

All the human characters have pronouns (of course). The gender of an alien character should show up as "unknown" but here it shows the text "undecided", because if your woke, your gender is not something you simply are, it's an identity you choose.

Holy shit, I only just now saw the game actually has pronouns bullshit displayed... what the fuck. Yes, this is dead on arrival, a whole new suicide squad situation. Only good thing is the animations, they look very very good in those character select screens.

All the human characters have pronouns (of course). The gender of an alien character should show up as "unknown" but here it shows the text "undecided", because if your woke, your gender is not something you simply are, it's an identity you choose.

Oh shit, they didn't think that trough... the twitter losers will probably get enraged by this.

Last edited:
Ofc, bro, if u like it u like it, just dont expect any blockbuster game, ur 40$ pre-order(reason u could play in that closed beda ;p) is ur hard earned cash and u can do with it what u want, obviously :D
Not every game has to be a blockbuster for it to be worth checking out. Also it was available to PS+ subs remember, so no pre-order necessary

Holy shit, I only just now saw the game actually has pronouns bullshit displayed... what the fuck.
Completely unnecessary for sure, but if you let that make your decision for you then I don't know what to tell you

Last edited:
Completely unnecessary for sure, but if you let that make your decision for you then I don't know what to tell you
It tells me that pandering to some twitter nutcases is important for these people. I was never going to play this but I'm enjoying the downfall when a team, instead of developing something original and fun, decides to copy paste other games and add some extra woke pandering.

DavidGzz

Maybe Sony will also delete their DEI team too, get rid of the pronouns, and turn this game around lol. Add some stellar cake while they're at it.

Kokoloko85

Tried the game all weekend and Enjoyed it.

Im done with listening to people opinions on it or any game tbh. People on youtube, media, forums have a hive mentality. Alot of the time and the people who havent played the game, are just repeating what other people say. Or act like experts because they played Overwatch lol.

No1 is claiming the game is gonna be a world beater, but its good for what it is

Killjoy-NL

Completely foreseeable problem, so yes it’s very sad that no one had the good sense to not alienate a massive amount of possible gamers. Pathetic actually.
You're not entirely wrong, but maybe Sony thinks the quality and gameplay is good enough and they rely on that?

Nobody can deny the performance and polish the game has. We even have DF to attest to that.

So that isn't an issue.

NickFire

You're not entirely wrong, but maybe Sony thinks the quality and gameplay is good enough and they rely on that?

Nobody can deny the performance and polish the game has. We even have DF to attest to that.

So that isn't an issue.
That’s why I say it’s beyond sad and is actually pathetic. If it performs well and is polished a lot of talent was hamstrung by people who had plenty of evidence they were going down a wrong street, yet kept going anyway.

Killjoy-NL

That’s why I say it’s beyond sad and is actually pathetic. If it performs well and is polished a lot of talent was hamstrung by people who had plenty of evidence they were going down a wrong street, yet kept going anyway.
Or they didn't expect this strong reaction and that's why they went silent and just focused on the beta, waiting how the community reacts to actually playing the game.
Because overall reaction to the gameplay seems pretty positive, although many might not bite for €40.

Can't undo the reveal, they can only move on from here.

Last edited:

BlackTron

This game could have been the anti-Overwatch, a game that started great with a good core and steadily eroded by committee of purple hair. This isn't just about the game being full of "woke" characters or designs, it also has to do with the company culture prioritizing this in their decision-making and personnel, resulting in more and more gay characters and less and less maps, modes, and sane balance updates.

Instead we have a title that says on the cover you get more of the same Overwatch design ethos, but to make sure one way or another, spend forty dollars this time.

They really fucked the reveal.

If they showed what your 40 bones gets you that sets it apart from F2P games then the price tag might not seem so bad.

Apart from the crappy design choices (not just the characters), there's so many irritating things about it.

Under all of that, it's not the worst. Like I said before though, "not bad" isn't good enough, after that reveal it had to be exceptional.

NickFire

Or they didn't expect this strong reaction and that's why they went silent and just focused on the beta, waiting how the community reacts to actually playing the game.
Because overall reaction to the gameplay seems pretty positive, although many might not bite for €40.

Can't undo the reveal, they can only move on from here.
Charging for it made it even worse. Holy shit at the hubris involved in this one.

Kokoloko85

Maybe. I pre-ordered the game, because I think it's a negligible price.

But if others feel differently, that's fine by me.
It's not my product sell.
£35 compared to the usual £60-70. Im good with that. I got 7 hours out of the beta so, £35 will be worth the Price for me.
People who game on PC, play F2F etc, its gonna be expensive for them. They dont spend as much on a game

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Is this the game with pronouns and what not? The game doesn’t look too bad gameplay wise, but I live in reality. Not in fantasy land where I need to be in a stray jacket actually believing there are hundreds or unlimited fantasy words to call yourself. This pandering has gotten crazy at this point.

Reminds recently when we went to Illinois for a family reunion and our friend is a teacher and they were talking about putting cat boxes for children in the class to pretend they were pooping. It is crazy town and my wife just told me they didn’t do it, my apologies.

No one cares about someone’s make up terminology, just make a good game and do not turn the majority of your buyers off. Pretty simple.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Is this the game with pronouns and what not? The game doesn’t look too bad gameplay wise, but I live in reality. Not in fantasy land where I need to be in a stray jacket actually believing there are hundreds or unlimited fantasy words to call yourself. This pandering has gotten crazy at this point.

Reminds recently when we went to Illinois for a family reunion and our friend is a teacher and they were talking about putting cat boxes for children in the class to pretend they were pooping. She alone has two kids that believe they are animals and she has to affirm them. Yeah, crazy town.

No one cares about someone’s make up terminology, just make a good game and do not turn the majority of your buyers off. Pretty simple.
Realistically speaking, you don't even notice the pronounce when you select a character.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Reminds recently when we went to Illinois for a family reunion and our friend is a teacher and they were talking about putting cat boxes for children in the class to pretend they were pooping. She alone has two kids that believe they are animals and she has to affirm them. Yeah, crazy town.

Ya. In the character select videos above it's said in the top right.

The funny thing is out of all the characters, he/him and she/her match up to what anyone would think in real life except for two.

- Mushroom head alien who seems to male is "undecided"
- Female with helmet (who resembles the butchy chick in Aliens) is "they/them"

And even more weird. Just for sake of pronouns, even the giant yellow robot character is labeled. lol

Top Bottom