• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord open Beta starts July 18

bender

What time is it?
3 codes left. Will DM them to anyone who wants one. US codes.
3a074c00-62df-4121-950c-748fd9a96b1a_text.gif

xHunter

I would describe this game as a mix of UT, Apex and CoD. Doesnt have that OW gameplay. Also people seem to think that you are stuck on one hero for the game, but you can change after each death, atleast for the classic game modes like TDM and kill confirmed.

Last edited:

Denorion

They opened up the early beta for PS+ members. Preorder numbers must be abysmal lol. Who would've thought

"But Sweet Baby Assured us that everyone would love those characters"

Seriously, it's obvious that they are emulating the overwatch school of character design without realizing that while yes, they are diverse, there are heroes that everyone can enjoy (There's the buff girl and old lady, but there is also the cool cowboy and the Mecha pilot in a skintight outfit)

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
They opened up the early beta for PS+ members. Preorder numbers must be abysmal lol. Who would've thought
Seems like quite a reactive move doesn't it. Maybe not enough people pre-ordering to stress test it. Either way, I'll download it and give it a go this weekend.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
"But Sweet Baby Assured us that everyone would love those characters"

Seriously, it's obvious that they are emulating the overwatch school of character design without realizing that while yes, they are diverse, there are heroes that everyone can enjoy (There's the buff girl and old lady, but there is also the cool cowboy and the Mecha pilot in a skintight outfit)
They're pushing for sure, but it's more sutil. I heard that a non-binary character is about to be showed up or something, so there's a chance that the tank-robot-thing will have a "he/him" too, but the backlash will be imminent... Look out, Microsoft

cormack12

Gold Member
This sub genre is dead. The expectation of all these games is f2p. Saying that, I'm still looking forward to trying it out

I'll give it a go this weekend. There's only so many times you can play Overwatch before getting fed up of tryhards punching capitals into their keyboards because you won't be their exclusive healer on suicide charges.

Roxkis_ii

I look forward to trying the beta, but I was just thinking. If this game is in competition is overwatch 2, a free to play game, why would anyone playing overwatch pay $40 to switch to this game? Like I understand most people don't just play one game, but who would play two games that are so similar?

Last edited:

DonF

I look forward to trying the beta, but I was just thinking, if this game is in competition is overwatch 2, a free to play game, why would anyone playing overwatch pay $40 to switch to this game? Like I understand most people don't just play one game, but who would play two games that are so similar?
I dont know if overwatch has problems with smurfs or cheaters, but that would be one of the only factors I can imagine it would be better to play a price for a game that it looks like it should be free

Fabieter

I dont know if overwatch has problems with smurfs or cheaters, but that would be one of the only factors I can imagine it would be better to play a price for a game that it looks like it should be free

It depends when it has skill based match making than it doesn't matter much tho.

I look forward to trying the beta, but I was just thinking. If this game is in competition is overwatch 2, a free to play game, why would anyone playing overwatch pay $40 to switch to this game? Like I understand most people don't just play one game, but who would play two games that are so similar?

I can't speak for anyone else but I was a huge OW fan. I kept going back to the game time after time. Then OW2 came out and they removed a tank. I remember people complaining but I didn't think it was a big deal. The more and more I played the more of a big deal I realized it was.

I want something new to take OWs place so I'm going to try Concord. Not sure it will do that but I really enjoyed what OW was before the change. I doubt Concord will be able to recapture what I loved about it but I'll give it a shot.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

I can't speak for ranked mode, but even in arcade, if you have a game where you don't die often and get a lot of kills, your next game will be really really hard. So it's seems like that have some kinda anti Smurf system in their matchmaking.

I'm gonna play it but I really wish they would have gotten the character design right and left out pronoun and "other" stuff. It's just so unnecessary.
Not sure they understand who the target audience is.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom