• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord open Beta starts July 18

NickFire

That's fair, you're definitely not wrong there.

But I honestly don't care all that much in mp games if the maps and graphics look good and the gunplay is great.

It's like how I also don't get why people are bothered by skins like Snoop Dogg and Nicki Minaj in COD.
I also didn't care about Bloodhound being non-binary in Apex.

It's all about the competitive nature and I think that if Firewalk nails the important aspects of the game, people might be able to look past the Wokeness.
People are looking right past the wokeness. That’s literally what you are complaining about. See woke, keep walking.

[Sigma]

I may or may not play the beta idunno, I already said it doesn't look exciting to me so my motivation to even download it on my shit internet connection right now is just not there. My ps plus runs out today also and i may just wait til College Football 25 drops next week to renew it(or unless something major happens with Helldivers 2 early next week which is unlikely). I'll see though.

Fabieter

I may or may not play the beta idunno, I already said it doesn't look exciting to me so my motivation to even download it on my shit internet connection right now is just not there. My ps plus runs out today also and i may just wait til College Football 25 drops next week to renew it(or unless something major happens with Helldivers 2 early next week which is unlikely). I'll see though.

Prime day is next week so I would definitely wait for that to renew. They might have some sale.

Interfectum

Gold Member
50311eh.png
Donald Trump Lol GIF by Election 2020

Killjoy-NL

This game feels like the opposite of stellar blade. I only care if its a good game. If its good, of course I want it to succeed, why wouldnt I?! If it sucks and the company blames it on "anti woke", misogyny, bigots... whatever, fuck them.
They caused all the backlask against the Woke stuff themselves.

That was their single biggest mistake.

This marvel-esque type of writing should be banned from media all around. It's a detractor of the characters tbh, not the characters here seem to have anything memorable about from the get go. All feel uninspired copycats of some inclusivity checklist with cardboard personalities attached to them. I think this would flop even if turned F2P.

Z O N E

I'll wait for someone REALLY good at FPS games to play this game who ISN'T sponsored and streaming it so they can give an honest review and not a sponsored review of it, because right now I swear it's like almost half the people streaming this game are sponsored.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

I'll wait for someone REALLY good at FPS games to play this game who ISN'T sponsored and streaming it so they can give an honest review and not a sponsored review of it, because right now I swear it's like almost half the people streaming this game are sponsored.
Sponsored to play on steam it's one thing, but it's an open beta so they can't tell them what to say (I am no expert though)

cormack12

Gold Member
Actually it's pretty good. Think the big dude is a little over tuned right now.

There needs to be a training arena so you can figure out the abilities. Takes way too long to start matches.

Oh and balancing when people leave sucks

Last edited:

Varteras

I can't play right now but I'm watching a streamer. It actually looks like it has a better pace than I thought. The vignettes were cringe as fuck but it looks fun so far

Game is excellent.

Mechanics are just as I suspected - S tier stuff. Awesome gunplay, traversal, sound design/feedback, etc

UI, matchmaking, everything is fast and slick

Each character has completely unique mechanics and the asymmetrical gameplay is really fun

Last edited:

Varteras

One complaint I have on gameplay is damage of some weapons. Certain ones seem too low. If you land a full clip on someone, that should kill most characters. The rapid fire weapons probably need to be adjusted up a little bit

Just played my first match. It wasn't bad. Graphically the game looks very nice and gameplay smooth. It seems very polished. When you get knocked out you can choose a different gunner if you'd like which is nice. I think focusing on a narrative for a hero shooter is a waste of time. People only wanna play the game. The game feels very much like Destiny and maybe Apex?

Varteras

Watched ManaByte ManaByte get a sick kill. Put fire right under someone hovering in midair. Cooked 'em.

EDIT: LMAO and then he threw a fireball right into a dude's face running up on him. Guy tumbled ass over applecart

Last edited:
First impression (after 5 matches) is that it has a super-slick presentation, and the gameplay feels really polished. Sound design is the best I’ve experienced in a while, and it doesn’t look bad at all.

Really difficult to grasp abilites, but that was expected. Not sure this is my cup of tea overall as it feels too much like Halo rather than my preferred Titanfall style, but I’ll give it a few more days.

foamdino

I'm liking the fact it's not grey/brown - but looks very very Destiny-like.

I'm not into team-based shooters so I'll pass, but it doesn't look awful, so for those who like these games have fun.

Top Bottom