• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sanjuro

I like your dedication, Alucard.

I'm still not watching NXT, TNA, UFC, NJPWR, or whatever else nobody knows about!

I'm a Monday Night McMahon.

Alucard

Banned
I like your dedication, Alucard.

I'm still not watching NXT, TNA, UFC, NJPWR, or whatever else nobody knows about!

I'm a Monday Night McMahon.

It's cool, man. Takes more effort to track down the stuff a lot of us indy-watching bastards watch on here. WWE is the biggest and most easily accessible wrestling out there. Easy to have a monopoly when you're the only game in town at the top.

Sanjuro

It's cool, man. Takes more effort to track down the stuff a lot of us indy-watching bastards watch on here. WWE is the biggest and most easily accessible wrestling out there. Easy to have a monopoly when you're the only game in town at the top.

I think that's my point when I speak with people like you. You get it. Others are like "HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE WHAT EL DANDY DOES EVERY WEEK ON "Impact Wars"?!"

My only real exposure to independent brands were the Top Rope that brought out Scott Hall fucking drugged out of his mind, and the bar I went to had ROH on every Friday night. I used to appreciate it more, but unlike a ton of people I get the WWE product and don't think it's nearly as bad as they like to believe.

It's still bad in comparison to basic principles of story telling though.

strobogo

Banned
Okay. What has she done since AJ? Something with Emma?

She hasn't really been in any angles since then, but she's always fine and fun when she does stuff. She was a lot of fun running her team at Survivor Series. It's just that AJ is garbage at talking and wrestling and that angle went on about 3 months longer than it needed to and clearly had no forethought put into it at all. But she improved a ton as a character and heel from it. And before AJ came back, she had some fun (if short) PPV matches as champ. Then AJ comes back and they put on the worst match on every show they were on.

Dvx7JDO.jpg

paige6.gif

Alucard

Banned
I think that's my point when I speak with people like you. You get it. Others are like "HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE WHAT EL DANDY DOES EVERY WEEK ON "Impact Wars"?!"

My only real exposure to independent brands were the Top Rope that brought out Scott Hall fucking drugged out of his mind, and the bar I went to had ROH on every Friday night. I used to appreciate it more, but unlike a ton of people I get the WWE product and don't think it's nearly as bad as they like to believe.

It's still bad in comparison to basic principles of story telling though.

Everyone is free to watch what they want. I don't care that much, but there's so much complaining towards the WWE that it gets annoying at times. If people don't like it, they should vote with their wallets and ratings and just tune out. Stop watching this shit if it really annoys you that much. Let the WWE know you think their product is bullshit.

I watch other stuff because I genuinely enjoy it and think it's worth seeking out. I haven't enjoyed Raw for an extended period of time at all in 2014, so I just gave up watching it altogether.

There are way too many viable alternatives out there to keep putting yourself through cheesy storytelling and bullshit booking.

But yeah, if you like it, you like it. More power to you. When I post about ROH, NJPW, Lucha Underground, or whatever else, it's because I think they're worth watching, and I'd rather pump their tires than just bitch about Raw every Monday for 3-4 hours and then HOPE it gets better. I just listen to a podcast or two that recaps Raw, and that's good enough for me to keep up with the product.

Sanjuro

Everyone is free to watch what they want. I don't care that much, but there's so much complaining towards the WWE that it gets annoying at times. If people don't like it, they should vote with their wallets and ratings and just tune out. Stop watching this shit if it really annoys you that much. Let the WWE know you think their product is bullshit.

I watch other stuff because I genuinely enjoy it and think it's worth seeking out. I haven't enjoyed Raw for an extended period of time at all in 2014, so I just gave up watching it altogether.

There are way too many viable alternatives out there to keep putting yourself through cheesy storytelling and bullshit booking.

But yeah, if you like it, you like it. More power to you. When I post about ROH, NJPW, Lucha Underground, or whatever else, it's because I think they're worth watching, and I'd rather pump their tires than just bitch about Raw every Monday for 3-4 hours and then HOPE it gets better. I just listen to a podcast or two that recaps Raw, and that's good enough for me to keep up with the product.

Pretty much. Raw has been the same for years. If anything, the biggest complaint is "WE NEED TO SEE THE KIDS!"

That argument is debunked when some guy nobody knows about has had the briefcase for most of this year.

I would die a happy man if someone snuck a bullhorn on a Raw (or Smakdown taping) and started to chant up the arena so that I can see/hear it on TV.

strobogo

Banned
I think of all the problems with WWE, the rerunning of matches is the biggest one. You'd think with the extra hour of Raw that it would allow them to give angles time to breathe, but instead they do the laziest thing possible and just book dudes in endless rematches. It makes everything so dull and repetitive, plus makes the roster look super tiny.

I believe there have been over 20 different combinations of Usos vs Dust Brothers this year if you include 6 man or multi team matches.

JavyOO7

I ignore Raw and Smackdown (I have cable but my parents have the HD box and I'm left with SD box from Xfinity/Comcast), but in return I catch NXT, Main Event, and Superstars. NXT is usually good. Main Event, especially when the Network debuted, was really good for a while, settled down for a bit, and for the time being is pretty good. Last week was pretty good too especially with a decent tag match in New Day vs Cesaro/Kidd where the crowd actually got into it in the end. Superstars usually has two matches and then the never ending recap of RAW. So I just skip to the two matches. Sometimes there are promos too, like Ryback and Axel talking about breaking up and Justin Gabriel saying he wants to be the top high flyer in the WWE. I wish there was a network edited version of Superstars where its just the two matches and promo time from the Superstars...

And I did promise myself I'll subscribe to NJPW World in January. Solely just to see Yuji Nagata matches. =p

Fox318

Please, friend, tell us all about the multitude of current day WWE superstars that have better mic skills and confidence than Lord Sina.

I'll be waiting.

Cesaro can cut better promos in 5 languages.

Can cena do that in one?

I'll give cena credit for one thing, he is better than the big show.

Now here's something to talk about. Found this on another forum.

Current WWE Wrestlers Who Will Never Be WWE Champion (*Or if they have been: never again)

Bad News Barrett - injury prone, victim of shitty booking
Big E - no real charismatic spark, victim of shitty booking
Chris Jericho - too old, not as over anymore
Christian - too old, injury prone
Cody Rhodes - victim of shitty booking, tag team wrestler typecasting, comedy act
Curtis Axel - too old, wooden act
Damien Sandow - victim of shitty booking, comedy act
Darren Young - no real charismatic spark, wooden act
David Otunga - no real charismatic spark, wooden act
Diego - wooden act, comedy act
Erick Rowan - "a Jannetty", victim of shitty booking (breaking up the Wyatts prematurely)
Fandango - victim of shitty booking, one dimensional act
Fernando - wooden act, comedy act
Goldust - too old, comedy act
Heath Slater - victim of shitty booking, comedy act, personal troubles
Jack Swagger - victim of shitty booking
Jey Uso - tag team wrestler typecasting, non-main eventer style
Jimmy Uso - tag team wrestler typecasting, non-main eventer style
Justin Gabriel - no real charismatic spark, non-main eventer style
Kane - too old, not as over anymore
Kofi Kingston - victim of shitty booking, non-main eventer style
Luke Harper - victim of shitty booking (breaking up the Wyatts prematurely), too old
Mark Henry - too old, not as over anymore, years of shitty booking
The Miz - not as over anymore, victim of shitty booking, comedy act
R Truth - too old, comedy act
Rey Mysterio - too old, injury prone, not as over anymore, too small
Sin Cara - too old, no real charismatic spark, non-main eventer style, too small
Titus O'Neil - wooden act, victim of shitty booking, too old
Tyson Kidd - victim of shitty booking, not as over anymore, non-main eventer style, too small
Xavier Woods - wooden act, no real charismatic spark
Zack Ryder - comedy act, victim of shitty booking, disliked

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Current WWE Wrestlers Who Will Never Be WWE Champion (*Or if they have been: never again)

Cody Rhodes - victim of shitty booking, tag team wrestler typecasting, comedy act
Erick Rowan - "a Jannetty", victim of shitty booking (breaking up the Wyatts prematurely)
Luke Harper - victim of shitty booking (breaking up the Wyatts prematurely), too old
Sin Cara - too old, no real charismatic spark, non-main eventer style, too small
Tyson Kidd - victim of shitty booking, not as over anymore, non-main eventer style, too small

Hey guess what? Only a handful of people per generation get to be champ in this fixed sport. It's scripted. You can't just will yourself to the top or even the middle. Work hard and you might be rewarded.

Fox318

Booking and acts could change for all of these people

Hell look at Cena.

hitme

Bad News Barrett - injury prone, victim of shitty booking, buried by Cena
Damien Sandow - victim of shitty booking, comedy act, buried by Cena
Jack Swagger - victim of shitty booking, personal troubles
Zack Ryder - comedy act, victim of shitty booking, disliked, buried by Cena

Fixed.

Top Bottom