• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
I mean, if there were Christmas songs as good as spielberg movies then maybe

Can't stand a lot of his films, mainly because I can't stand how overtly he tugs the heart strings and can't stand the fact that everyone seems to love him for it. Yuck. Nothing wrong with his direction though, or most of his output before he became a hack :p

dakun

Now here's something to talk about. Found this on another forum.

Current WWE Wrestlers Who Will Never Be WWE Champion (*Or if they have been: never again)

Bad News Barrett - injury prone, victim of shitty booking
Big E - no real charismatic spark, victim of shitty booking
Chris Jericho - too old, not as over anymore
Christian - too old, injury prone
Cody Rhodes - victim of shitty booking, tag team wrestler typecasting, comedy act
Curtis Axel - too old, wooden act
Damien Sandow - victim of shitty booking, comedy act
Darren Young - no real charismatic spark, wooden act
David Otunga - no real charismatic spark, wooden act
Diego - wooden act, comedy act
Erick Rowan - "a Jannetty", victim of shitty booking (breaking up the Wyatts prematurely)
Fandango - victim of shitty booking, one dimensional act
Fernando - wooden act, comedy act
Goldust - too old, comedy act
Heath Slater - victim of shitty booking, comedy act, personal troubles
Jack Swagger - victim of shitty booking
Jey Uso - tag team wrestler typecasting, non-main eventer style
Jimmy Uso - tag team wrestler typecasting, non-main eventer style
Justin Gabriel - no real charismatic spark, non-main eventer style
Kane - too old, not as over anymore
Kofi Kingston - victim of shitty booking, non-main eventer style
Luke Harper - victim of shitty booking (breaking up the Wyatts prematurely), too old
Mark Henry - too old, not as over anymore, years of shitty booking
The Miz - not as over anymore, victim of shitty booking, comedy act
R Truth - too old, comedy act
Rey Mysterio - too old, injury prone, not as over anymore, too small
Sin Cara - too old, no real charismatic spark, non-main eventer style, too small
Titus O'Neil - wooden act, victim of shitty booking, too old
Tyson Kidd - victim of shitty booking, not as over anymore, non-main eventer style, too small
Xavier Woods - wooden act, no real charismatic spark
Zack Ryder - comedy act, victim of shitty booking, disliked

yeah i don't buy it. Sure WWE buries alot of people. But most people on this list should not become WWE champion under any circumstance. It's not just booking and the gimmick they have that is preventing them from actually being relevant..

My criticisms: Too insular and in-jokey, too many lists of grades for wrestling pay-per-views without any commentary (apologies, but those things have no value to anyone), and a too-heavy reliance on GIFs.

I don't watch much wrestling, but I like reading wrestling news and rumors. And I like criticism of the product: what worked and what didn't. And I like it when people relay anecdotes or recap shows they've gone to. All that stuff I mentioned above actively hampers debate and discussion.
What are your thoughts on quoting wrestler's catchphrases and promos, like for example Roman Reigns?

lol i'm watching the first episode of kojak and the gang of criminals escaping the police get off on a street I used to work part time at. Some places never change

strobogo

Banned
Can't stand a lot of his films, mainly because I can't stand how overtly he tugs the heart strings and can't stand the fact that everyone seems to love him for it. Yuck. Nothing wrong with his direction though, or most of his output before he became a hack :p

Best Spielberg movies: Indiana Jones series. That's kind of it. Jaws and JP have their merits, but I'm not a big fan of either.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol i'm watching the first episode of kojak and the gang of criminals escaping the police get off on a street I used to work part time at. Some places never change

The pilot movie? Harvey Keitel! As pilots go it's a LITTLE weird but it doesn't deviate from what the show turns into. Every episode is great. I really wanna know how you enjoy it, if you enjoy it. I'm sure you will though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Now here's something to talk about. Found this on another forum.

Current WWE Wrestlers Who Will Never Be WWE Champion (*Or if they have been: never again)

Bad News Barrett - injury prone, victim of shitty booking
Big E - no real charismatic spark, victim of shitty booking
Chris Jericho - too old, not as over anymore
Christian - too old, injury prone
Cody Rhodes - victim of shitty booking, tag team wrestler typecasting, comedy act
Curtis Axel - too old, wooden act
Damien Sandow - victim of shitty booking, comedy act
Darren Young - no real charismatic spark, wooden act
David Otunga - no real charismatic spark, wooden act
Diego - wooden act, comedy act
Erick Rowan - "a Jannetty", victim of shitty booking (breaking up the Wyatts prematurely)
Fandango - victim of shitty booking, one dimensional act
Fernando - wooden act, comedy act
Goldust - too old, comedy act
Heath Slater - victim of shitty booking, comedy act, personal troubles
Jack Swagger - victim of shitty booking
Jey Uso - tag team wrestler typecasting, non-main eventer style
Jimmy Uso - tag team wrestler typecasting, non-main eventer style
Justin Gabriel - no real charismatic spark, non-main eventer style
Kane - too old, not as over anymore
Kofi Kingston - victim of shitty booking, non-main eventer style
Luke Harper - victim of shitty booking (breaking up the Wyatts prematurely), too old
Mark Henry - too old, not as over anymore, years of shitty booking
The Miz - not as over anymore, victim of shitty booking, comedy act
R Truth - too old, comedy act
Rey Mysterio - too old, injury prone, not as over anymore, too small
Sin Cara - too old, no real charismatic spark, non-main eventer style, too small
Titus O'Neil - wooden act, victim of shitty booking, too old
Tyson Kidd - victim of shitty booking, not as over anymore, non-main eventer style, too small
Xavier Woods - wooden act, no real charismatic spark
Zack Ryder - comedy act, victim of shitty booking, disliked
Barrett
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow

Those are about the only people I think could be champion off that list. Barrett cause he has a solid gimmick that people can get around. Cody cause he can just about mold himself into any gimmick. Sandow because the people are somewhat behind him due to him being Mizdow.

Seeing that list really makes me wish they'd cut the dead weight.

The issue for me is a long list of event names with a grade and no commentary.

I'll be shouted down, but I think some context would make your lists less listy. Which may not even be a word.

Merry XXXmas.
You're telling me you actually read game reviews instead of just skipping to the score?

Is this real life

HjZUxDS.png

If not it certainly should be

AJ Styles has always been a piece of shit, so idk why people would believe that's fake and not a thing he absolutely either made or signed off on being made

Not the first time a wrestler's made a t-shirt to profit from another wrestler's misfortune and it won't be the last. See; "Owen 3:16 says I just broke your neck!", Valentine's "I Broke Wahoo's Leg" shirt and countless Ox Baker shirts playing off the fact that he killed a man in the ring.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nash gets arrested and you fuckers wanted him to be the captain?
Now it's clear I made the right decision for the thread title last month.

Home
WWE Star Kevin Nash -- Arrested for Battery ... Bloody Fight with Son

1224-kevin-nash-mug-shot-2.jpg

TMZ just got the two police reports. As for Kevin's arrest ... the report says he told cops his son came home wasted and belligerent toward him and Kevin's wife, then spit in his face and elbow-checked him. Kevin told cops he pinned Tristen to the ground and that's when Tristen scratched his face.

But Tristen said Kevin was berating him over his relationship with his girlfriend. He says Kevin then choke-slammed him to the ground and, just like Kevin's signature move, Tristen says he hit is head so hard on the ground he blacked out.

Cops arrested Kevin because they felt he was the "primary aggressor."

As for Tristen's arrest two hours later ... Tristen's uncle told cops the young man -- who is 6'5" and 200 lbs -- was drunk and had "slung his mom around the kitchen" and tried attacking him as well.
update-grey-gray-barWrestling superstar Kevin Nash was arrested early Christmas Eve morning -- after getting into a bloody fight with his teenage son Tristen ... TMZ has learned.

The 55-year-old legend -- who is currently under contract with the WWE -- was taken into custody in Volusia County, Florida after cops received a call about a domestic incident just after midnight.

When cops arrived to the scene ... they noticed blood on Kevin's face and arrested Nash.

Two hours later, cops received another 911 call from a person claiming 18-year-old Tristen attacked his mother. He was also arrested for battery.

Cops tell TMZ alcohol may have been a factor.

miserable

that Orton gif is funny, but not as funny as your avatar CureVylash

who is that dude anyway? the japanese Rikishi wanna-bee?

and why did JR always pronounce Rikishi "Rahkeeshi"? is that an american thing like pronouncing Ryu "Rye-ooh"?

strobogo

Banned
Strobogo's Christmas Playlist:

Tiny Dancer-Elton John
Your Song-Elton John
Ain't It Fun-GNR cover version, although Dead Boys version works
Into the Voice- NiN
You Know How We Do It-Ice Cube
Regulate-Warren G ft Nate Dogg
Hercules-Aaron Neville
Ball of Confusion- The Temptations
Supersonic-Oasis
However Much I Booze-The Who
Say, Say, Say- Paul McCartney/Michael Jackson
I Don't Care Anymore-Phil Collins
Dirty Diana-Michael Jackson
Chase (Theme from Midnight Express)-Moroder
Winter Road-Georgi Sviridov
The Mob Rules-Black Sabbath
Hero Of The Day- Metallica
Kiss From A Rose (acoustic)-Seal
Thru and Thru-Rolling Stones
Dust in the Wind-Todd Rundgren
Grandma's Hands-Bill Withers
Better off Dead-Bill Withers
Ain't No Half-Steppin'-Big Daddy Kane
Back in the Day-Ahmad Lewis
Goodbye to Romance-Ozzy Osbourne
Under Pressure (Live, A Reality Tour)-David Bowie
Chelsea Rogers-Prince
No Quarter-Led Zeppelin
California Soul-Marvin Gaye, Tammy Terrell
You Keep Me Hanging On-Vanilla Fudge
Overloaded-Bumblefoot
Don't Let It Bring You Down-Neil Young

Fox318

All of the Monday Night War stuff has me thinking.

Between Hogan, Nash, and Russo who is the one most at fault for WCW folding the way it did?

Top Bottom