• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marvel

could never
Vince has a huge fetish with wrestlers looking wet.

nLOOYYK.jpg

I'm convinced the 70s is still the coolest decade ever, even without the modern amenities.

Most likely. Although by all accounts New York was a shitty place to live

Speaking of which I finished the pilot episode of Kojak. A bit weird, but man just another reminder that Harvey Keitel has always had "it," just so cool. Kojak himself was pretty cool, but even through secondhand accounts I know the character grows more from here.

Fintan

I'm convinced the 70s is still the coolest decade ever, even without the modern amenities.
But, gostrobo, what about Watergate? For me that's when America lost faith in the president, politicians, and public officials. And as far as I'm concerned, that happened in the 70's.

Fintan

But music, movies, and clothes were cool as fuck in the 70s.
Hey, you know what? You're probably right. Maybe I do get a little too passionate about Watergate and its aftereffects, I am only human. Putting Nixon aside (easier said than done!), it was a great decade. For me the 1970's was really the beginning of the 70's New Hollywood Era. You had directors like Coppola and Scorsese making movies like The Godfather and Taxi Driver. Agree?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Miami Vice is far and away in the lead for these 80s action dramas though. Solid writing, solid characters, amazing sets and music. I just wish there was better quality original prints but y'know, 80s tv. Great shots too.
Jn3R84D.jpg

gQZI4F1.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Watching Fire and Ice: The Dragon Chronicles. Kind of a made-for-tv fantasy movie about a princess and a knight going off to slay a dragon together.

00557753-474150_500.jpg

Pluses so far:
-strong female lead
-cool dragon design
-nice fantasy setting
-John Rhys-Davies

Minuses so far:
-bad CG and green screen effects
-thin plot

-----

My expectations for movies are lower during the holidays, so I'm enjoying the straight-forward story and typical fantasy setting.

Anyone else seen this or at all curious?

RP912

Banned
Miami Vice is far and away in the lead for these 80s action dramas though. Solid writing, solid characters, amazing sets and music. I just wish there was better quality original prints but y'know, 80s tv.

man that season 4 killed the series for me :(

The pilot episode will forever be the greatest contribution to the 80s next to Die Hard.

70's, 80's, 90's is a trifecta of awesome decades that I'm sure will never be beaten in my lifetime. Which is kinda depressing. I think what I most liked about the 70's, be it in music, film or fashion, was the people were daring with their mediums, instead of the safe and bland and corporate-as-fuck theme of the 00's and beyond.

Today's IWA MID SOUTH MATCH is,the legendary necro butcher vs Sonia,Joe match

IWAMS Top 18: #2 NECRO BUTCHER vs. SAMOA JOE (FUL…: http://youtu.be/mMU5S9VHhJM

Fuck yes, watching this tonight when I get in from the pub. EVERYONE WATCH THIS MATCH! I know it's IWA-MS, but I promise you; it's awesome.

one of my favorite matches...Butcher doesn't get enough love on these boards :(.

Necro was seriously awesome for a good few years on the indies - I was so happy for the guy when he got the ROH gig, even though people felt he was far more limited in ROH, I felt he deserved to not damn near kill himself for a pay cheque every night. I even thought he had a look and gimmick that'd do well in WWE, but Necro since leaving ROH has become a depressing sight. Especially if you read his facebook. Necro Butcher the Sad Deathmatch Clown :(

Miami Vice is far and away in the lead for these 80s action dramas though. Solid writing, solid characters, amazing sets and music. I just wish there was better quality original prints but y'know, 80s tv. Great shots too.
Jn3R84D.jpg

gQZI4F1.jpg

Did this show use licensed music and is it still intact on the streaming services?

RP912

Banned
Necro was seriously awesome for a good few years on the indies - I was so happy for the guy when he got the ROH gig, even though people felt he was far more limited in ROH, I felt he deserved to not damn near kill himself for a pay cheque every night. I even thought he had a look and gimmick that'd do well in WWE, but Necro since leaving ROH has become a depressing sight. Especially if you read his facebook. Necro Butcher the Sad Deathmatch Clown :(

smh its a shame. Dude has potential to being one of the greats. He can put on a hardcore match and make it have meaning, instead of it being a typical "lets see how much crazy shit I can do" type of match. I always loved the punching game he does in his matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did this show use licensed music and is it still intact on the streaming services?

ut Universal indicated from early on that they would not release Miami Vice unless all of its original music was intact (as opposed to many other shows, which either change music that cannot be cleared or simply cut scenes featuring music altogether rather than pay for expensive release rights).

It's still there.

Sweet Jesus that suplex onto the floor :/ :/ :/. Somoa wasn't fucking around at all during this match.

No he was not. I get the impression that when Necro was first breaking out of the deathmatch scene and starting to wrestle 'normal' indie guys like Joe that they kinda took advantage of the fact that Necro would be willing to take crazy-ass bumps. Lots of dudes took liberties with his health, but I guess they figured that was OK considering the shit he did in deathmatches.

JavyOO7

Yeah, even Deadspin caught on to the Nash story five minutes after TMZ posted theirs.

Speaking of Deadspin, I should read that Shoemaker book. Even if its a retread of what I already know. But its pretty cheap on Kindle right now.

Raw64life

Looks like I'm going to MSG on Friday. Free tickets, still had to think about if it was worth it. The card looks like this week's RAW minus half the roster. At least it looks like Orton is making his return at the show. Maybe something else interesting will happen because it's MSG? Don't have high hopes.

Top Bottom