• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
ihikBSKWB3Hb.gif

2swiss4me

From the Mania thread....

So now a list of challengers for Brian
In order

Bork
Orton
HHH
Bray
Bootista

And I doing this right?

4nO5I1Y.jpg

gurudyne

Because I was done with the movie way before the end. Total dud on every level.

Shame, in that one regard. It and Bond dressed like a clown are literally the only things I remember about that film except that the only thing worth watching from the end of the movie aside from the gif is the immediate aftermath of the gif.

(Two partially clothed women help Q out of the balloon's basket. They start getting handsy with him.)
Q: (annoyed) What are you doing? Here! No, cut it out!
(One of the women kisses him on the cheek)
Q: (still annoyed) No time for that! (beat) Later, perhaps. (Q leans in for another peck on the cheek)

Am I wrong in thinking that the problem with a guy like Wyatt is that it's hard to give him any proper motivation? I mean, why would he be after a title? What is he after? He came and was an awesome breath of fresh air but now it sort of feels like he's just there.

Heel

Remember everyone believing there was going to be this big "new generation" push directly after Mania?

Remember when people liked the big swing?

Remember when I believed Bray Wyatt was talented on the mic?

Good times, friends.

Remember everyone believing there was going to be this big "new generation" push directly after Mania?

Remember when people liked the big swing?

Remember when I believed Bray Wyatt was talented on the mic?

Good times, friends.

IXOKWfP.gif

You still lost that avatar bet though and just like Bryan winning Mania, you'll never take that away from me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cesaro will never be a lonely warrior no matter how many of his mom's washrags he throws on his head and internet references he wears on his shirt
dsadsafeyds7q.gif

Am I wrong in thinking that the problem with a guy like Wyatt is that it's hard to give him any proper motivation? I mean, why would he be after a title? What is he after? He came and was an awesome breath of fresh air but now it sort of feels like he's just there.

Nah he can have motivation up the wazoo.

1) He's a fraud and is using people to get what he wants -- the title, fame, fear, money, whatever.

2) He's not a fraud, but really some sort of evil guy, so he wants the title because he knows other people want the title and so long as he holds it they will destroy themselves to get to it/him. Something like Lord of the Rings or some shit.

I can imagine Miz scheming to get a match against Jimmy Uso at the Royal Rumble in which if he loses, he leaves Naomi alone but if he wins she has to participate in an in-ring celebration that includes a strip tease-twerk-lap dance. I don't know how that fits in with the story but I can picture it in my mind.

Will always preach to the choir that Wyatt, hot off going over Cena, should've been Bryan's first title defense.

Two talents with momentum going at it after the biggest show of the year.

Shit writes itself, god damn it Heel was right all along.

He wanted Ambrose to join in because with their crazy combined they could have ruled the world, kind of like Star Wars
Man, I'd be into that if either of them were actually crazy in any way. The furthest I've seen either go is putting the chairs to their throats. Everything else they do just makes them look like teenage goofballs believing in some counterculture life or something. They're not actually crazy or aggressive at all.

Will always preach to the choir that Wyatt, hot off going over Cena, should've been Bryan's first title defense.

Yep, this seems like it would have been the right move.

gurudyne

It's not that hard. He can fight and he wants a position of power to exploit, so wrestling gives him the best chance to be on TV. Or he wants to use the position to undermine fan favorites because he likes destroying hope and stealing faith away from "good" things. He's like a cartoonier SES Punk motivated by the desire to destroy/corrupt rather than the desire to sate his ego. Biggest difference between the two is success; Punk got some things done. Hardy feud, gathering followers on screen, convincing one to shave her head as a rite, preaching in the Rumble. He was a modest success as a cult leader. By comparison, Bray momentarily converted DBry (maybe--he might have been playing Bray the whole time), temporarily brainwashed a children's choir (I assume they got over it because no one talks about it any more) and wins his matches mostly by accident. Can't think of anything else he's accomplished this year. Last year, he beat Kane in an inferno match, but t didn't convert Kane and instead turned him into Korporate Kane, so fuck Bray Wyatt.

You see the great thing about it is that Naomi has to choose between love and her career in deciding whether to accept Miz's help. While Jimmy Uso is almost certain that the only thing Miz wants is to get into his wife's pants. We don't know what Miz's true intentions are, we're being led to believe that he's playing a psychological game on the #1 contenders but what if he's genuinely in love with Naomi? We don't know. Throw in Damien Mizdow and Jey Uso for comic relief and you have an amazing, multilayered angle.

The problem is that in a world where wrestlers are on Twitter and Facebook, Bray Wyatt makes no sense. When wrestling was an enclosed world, somebody like The Undertaker or Kevin Sullivan running a cult made sense.

Now, where every mark can see a post of Bray Wyatt celebrating Christmas w/ IRS & Bo Dallas, there's no mystique. And with no mystique, there's no character.

Unfortunately, the WWE is in this weird place where they're trying too hard to be set in the real world for people to separate the characters and actors like say, in Game of Thrones. After all, you don't see Lena Headley making twitter posts going after Peter Dinklage for killing her son, like you see guys on Twitter occasionally do.

strobogo

Banned
You see the great thing about it is that Naomi has to choose between love and her career in deciding whether to accept Miz's help. While Jimmy Uso is almost certain that the only thing Miz wants is to get into his wife's pants. We don't know what Miz's true intentions are, we're being led to believe that he's playing a psychological game on the #1 contenders but what if he's genuinely in love with Naomi? We don't know. Throw in Damien Mizdow and Jey Uso for comic relief and you have an amazing, multilayered angle.

The real money is in Naomi falling for Mizdow.

Shit writes itself, god damn it Heel was right all along.

It was even set up with the Royal Rumble win. Bryan would have an opponent he could only overcome by outsmarting him and beating him up outside of a match, instead we get Kane.

I feel guys like Bray and Ambrose should thrive in the current climate of everybody on the roster being boring. However the atrocious booking makes people who could unstable ruthless guys into cookie idiots. The LCD finish was the some of the stupidest shit I ever saw and made both of them look like numpties.

The problem is that in a world where wrestlers are on Twitter and Facebook, Bray Wyatt makes no sense. When wrestling was an enclosed world, somebody like The Undertaker or Kevin Sullivan running a cult made sense.

Now, where every mark can see a post of Bray Wyatt celebrating Christmas w/ IRS & Bo Dallas, there's no mystique. And with no mystique, there's no character.

Unfortunately, the WWE is in this weird place where they're trying too hard to be set in the real world for people to separate the characters and actors like say, in Game of Thrones. After all, you don't see Lena Headley making twitter posts going after Peter Dinklage for killing her son, like you see guys on Twitter occasionally do.

I'm gonna say no.

This is a reason why wrestling to me is a relic and just doesn't go with todays times.

gurudyne

Unfortunately, the WWE is in this weird place where they're trying too hard to be set in the real world for people to separate the characters and actors like say, in Game of Thrones. After all, you don't see Lena Headley making twitter posts something something GoT spoilers? Dunno something, like you see guys on Twitter occasionally do.

I think that's just inertia. WWE wasn't too active on social networking until a few years ago and they're pretty poorly run right now. Add in years of carny traditions and you get this weird melange of fake and real. Eventually, they'll figure out the right balance between kayfabe and real world personalities. Hopefully.

Only things missing would be a Mizdow identity crisis and Jey Uso losing faith in his brother/the tag team. Would resubscribe to the Network if the writers tried something that convoluted.

Only things missing would be a Mizdow identity crisis and Jey Uso losing faith in his brother/the tag team. Would resubscribe to the Network if the writers tried something that convoluted.
Imagine Miz paying off Jey to pose as Jimmy and tell Naomi they're done and/or get caught having an affair-

With Cameron.

Top Bottom