• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I were to play a Bond game, which one should I go for? I mean, Goldeneye I played so many times, and I played at least one or two of the PS2 games.

I'm thinking From Russia with Love, Goldeneye Reloaded, or 007 Legends. I don't think I've played any of them. Which is the best?

Rogue Agent is pretty fun. I have no idea what it has to do with James Bond though.

Fox318

If I were to play a Bond game, which one should I go for? I mean, Goldeneye I played so many times, and I played at least one or two of the PS2 games.

I'm thinking From Russia with Love, Goldeneye Reloaded, or 007 Legends. I don't think I've played any of them. Which is the best?

Iida3Itl.jpg

How about ten best North American workers?

There's too many very skilled wrestlers from the past for Bryan to qualify, I'd say. Too many to name, even - I'd probably put Bryan at the level of someone like Mr. Wrestling II. A great technical wrestler, a big name in his home territories, but he didn't have the height or star power to become a national name and there were dozens of other wrestlers who were more than a match for him on the mat. Seriously, the golden era of wrestling was inundated with amazing technical wrestlers who really knew how to work a hold. Bryan stands out today because there are so few like him, but back then they were comparatively a dime a dozen.

Where were you fine gentleman watching the Dragon Gate ppv at? I haven't really followed the promotion since before they launched their US offshoot. I was a big fan of Toryumon and Toryumon 2000 back in the day and I did catch an episode of Infinity this week from like May that was pretty good. Recommendations? I may check out the DGUSA shows as well since I'm a fan of Gargano.

Dragon Gate stream their iPPVs via Nicovideo;

secure.live.nicovideo.jp/event/dragongate

The site's in Japanese, but registering is easy enough (use a fake Japanese address) and it accepts US/EU credit/debit cards to buy points (which are then used to purchase the shows). They haven't got any listed for January yet, but I expect the first live iPPV of 2015 will be Korakuen Hall on January 15th, iirc.

DGUSA probably isn't worth it, especially the more recent shows that have been very light on Japanese talent, but some of the original DGUSA 'supershow' events were really good. As for Dragon Gate recommendations, there's a bunch of matches on Dailymotion if you search - any tag matches with T-Hawk & Eita are worth a shot, great young tag team who made a good case for Japanese tag team of the year. Also, YAMATO had a good year, his title reign was very enjoyable.

Everything or Nothing was pretty fun.

Goldeneye Reloaded is a really good Call of Duty game with Daniel Craig in. I enjoyed it.

Fintan

Strobogo, I'm going to go with one you haven't even mentioned. My recommendation is 007 Racing for the PS1!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yoshiaki Fujiwara tried to wrestle a bear. Not a trained bear, not a wrestling bear. A wild bear;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc7_N_Fngeo

TMF. Or just exceedingly dumb, I can't decide which.

Should have gotten tips from Vader
-Mike asked Vader about the upcoming SuperBrawl match vs. Flair. Vader
responded with a solemn, but serious, "I am the man. I run around the
Rocky Mountains kicking grizzly bears out of their caves and stealing
their food." (Mark time!) Vader says that Flair "received a Christmas
miracle...the season for miracles is over." The rest is the usual
talk that goes with a match like this.

I have a feeling my GAF SS got me a wrestling t-shirt then saw my post in here saying 'I hope I don't get a wrestling t-shirt from my GAF SS lol'... as I got nothing in the end haha

strobogo

Banned
Goldeneye Reloaded is a really good Call of Duty game with Daniel Craig in. I enjoyed it.

I don't play FPS shooter games so I'm easily satisfied with shitty ones. My liberried almost always had Legends in so I'll probably get that when I take back the movies.

Maybe I'll just....play them all.
iRXFkuWvQ03MO.gif

I've only played agent under fire and nightfire. Agent under fire is pretty good, but nightfire is great

Yoshiaki Fujiwara tried to wrestle a bear. Not a trained bear, not a wrestling bear. A wild bear;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc7_N_Fngeo

TMF. Or just exceedingly dumb, I can't decide which.

TMF if he wins, dumbass if he loses

The Goldeneye made by Activision is good, not the one by EA. The good EA one is the original entry with Brosnan and Heidi Klum.
Stro just play alpha protocol instead
or this

Zach

I find it hard to remember the IYHs without their subtitles.

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2: The Lumberjacks - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3: Triple Header - C+
In Your House 4: Great White North - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5: Seasons Beatings - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6: Rage in the Cage - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8: Beware of Dog - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B
King of the Ring '96 - B-
Bash at the Beach '96 - B
In Your House 9: International Incident - C-
Hog Wild - C
Clash of the Champions XXXIII - C+
SummerSlam '96 - D+
Fall Brawl '96 - B
In Your House 10: Mind Games - C
In Your House 11: Buried Alive - C+
Halloween Havoc '96 - C+
Survivor Series '96 - B-
World War 3 '96 - B-
In Your House 12: It's Time - C

There you go, you son of a gun.

How much did you like Brosnan? Everything or Nothing is a fantastic game and I thought Nightfire was pretty decent. Don't know much about anything else.

Looking back in this year in games; I really loved the shit out of Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Didn't come out this year but it was one of the most thoroughly enjoyable games I've played this year.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, how many wrestling shows did you guys attend this year?

4 for me
-ROH/NJPW Global Wars (best)
-CHIKARA (most fun)
-WWE RAW. (worst)
-Squared Circle Live vs. House of Glory (okay...but Sabin vs. Ricochet was awesome)

strobogo

Banned
How much did you like Brosnan? Everything or Nothing is a fantastic game and I thought Nightfire was pretty decent. Don't know much about anything else.

Looking back in this year in games; I really loved the shit out of Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Didn't come out this year but it was one of the most thoroughly enjoyable games I've played this year.

I'm going to play EoN and FRWL on PS2 and then 007 Legends for 360. I'm also convinced the E to C transition from Goldfinger is the greatest of all time. I haven't been able to get it out of my head for a week. Just the E to C over and over.

I attended two Raws this year.

Batista's entrance, and exit.

The Shield implosion.

Nothing notable happened on either of those shows otherwise.

at the first Raw, I sweah ta gawd youse could heah a pin drop in the buildin during a Rey and Del Rio match

There you go, you son of a gun.

Much better, straight away I knewIn Your House 12: It's Time - C was the one with Vader! I sort of enjoyed those themed IYHs in a strange way though they were very 80s/90s by nature.

EDIT:
Oh shit it isn't the Vader one! I know nothing. Shame on my house. Much learning to do.

wikipedia said:
The show's name was taken from the catchphrase of Big Van Vader, who was scheduled to appear at the event, but was injured.

Aaaah, I see.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I didn't expect to like Inoki/Brisco as much as I did. I love Jack Brisco, especially tagging with Geralrd, but his one on ones can be a bit slow because Jack works a mat style like nobody else. I mean, you watch Jack Brisco wrestling, and it's almost like a completely different set of rules. And I'm so-so on Inoki. He works well with the right opponents or the right storyline, but I wasn't expecting much from this one.

It's great. Watch it if you haven't seen it. Make no mistakes, it is a mat wrestling exhibition. It's so much a mat wrestling exhibition that there's a part where Jack elbows Inoki to get out of a hold and Inoki acts like 'oh you wanna fight for real now?' then Jack gets ready to go to fisticuffs, but they resume back to constant lockups and transitions. Jack even does what looked like a DDT(in 1975) but it was a switch into a pin that I had never seen before. It has the same pacing and wear and tear on the wrestlers like a typical wrestling punch kick affair, but it's so much more scientific. It's almost like they're wrestling for points. There's a part with Inoki grounding Brisco with a headlock and Jack constantly transitions it to a pin attempt, multiple times. It's actual wrestling transitions rather than 'ok hold my hand and i'm gonna do some moves then i'll hold your hand and you can do some moves.' There's a part with Inoki where he's got Jack set up for some submission move, and I didn't even see him roll into it and suddenly he had this great leglock. I don't even know what you'd call it, but he makes Brisco beg for him not to fall back and apply pressure.

At this point, it's clear it's become more heated than an exhibition. When Inoki had Jack in the hold earlier, Brisco resorted to socking him in the face and choking him to get out. So it's not just mat wrasslin. I thought this transition that followed was awesome.
inokibriscowjsx0.gif

Inoki transitions this into a bow and arrow which I didn't show because it would run on too long, but it looked great. Inoki also followed those with a beautiful butterfly suplex.

It is pre-Hulk Hogan wrasslin. Hell, it's pre-Ric Flair wrasslin. It is wrasslin. Everything about this match is a hundred times more believable than the insanely spot driven matches of today that are clearly made with a set time limit and as many spots as possible. You can see why people thought this was real. Jack's done a good job of turning my opinion on pre-80s wrestling. Obviously Jack is an exception(a lot of wrestlers from that era called him the greatest technician of all time) and he's working with an amazing prime Inoki who's constantly learning and getting better and better, but it gives me the exact vibe of that era of wrestling and shows how it can work and how it can be competitive and dramatic rather than slow and pointless.
j0spTlv.gif

strobogo

Banned
Much better, straight away I knewIn Your House 12: It's Time - C was the one with Vader! I sort of enjoyed those themed IYHs in a strange way though they were very 80s/90s by nature.

Vader wasn't on it. It was named after him and then he got injured. Zach is going to realize Vader's whole WWF run was garbage. He was booked TERRIBLY.

Top Bottom