• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

DMczaf

tumblr_nhez0bBXrs1tk42ygo1_500.gif

strobogo

Banned
Nothing tells me WWE is out of touch like their continued insistence that Disco Inferno was bad.

That shit pisses me off so much. They berry him so hard when he's EXACTLY what they want out of a mid card guy. Goes 100% in on all the stupid shit they give him, can put on quality matches when you need him do, can do comedy matches when you want him to, has zero issues looking like a dipshit, always gets a reaction. It gets really stupid when they have actual WCW guys berrying the gimmick itself as being out of touch and lame when that was the entire point of the gimmick.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That shit pisses me off so much. They berry him so hard when he's EXACTLY what they want out of a mid card guy. Goes 100% in on all the stupid shit they give him, can put on quality matches when you need him do, can do comedy matches when you want him to, has zero issues looking like a dipshit, always gets a reaction. It gets really stupid when they have actual WCW guys berrying the gimmick itself as being out of touch and lame when that was the entire point of the gimmick.

I don't even get mad when they berry people like the Warrior. But Disco? Disco is the best.

strobogo

Banned
Disco is one of like 5 dudes that were enjoyable even to the bitter end of WCW.

• Disco Inferno
  • Booker T
  • Scott Steiner
  • Kanyon
  • Ric Flair

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Straight Shooting: WCW is the one and only time I enjoyed Lance Storm.

Earnest "The Cat" Miller was also good to the last drop in WCW.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think I have ever hated Hogan since he joined the NWO. He's had his downs, but it was never as bad as the latter end of WWF or his early WCW days. FUNB Hogan was fun because it was just for real real ass Hogan. And he made fun of Kidman which is funny. Maybe his face run in WWE was bad, but I remember him putting over Undertaker and Brock AND having that squash with Vince, and I liked all those things.

Fuck that, I can't stand him. He's the worst part about watching late WCW to me. Especially when he was the commissioner. This 60 year old looking dude showing up every week trying to dress 'with the hip kids.' Fucking bad bad bad.
What's her name again?

Mandy Leon.

strobogo

Banned
Stevie Ray on commentary
Vince Russo on screen
uhhh

I would agree with those, but both Stevie's commentary run was short lived and Russo was off TV for like the last 4-5 months of WCW.

Straight Shooting: WCW is the one and only time I enjoyed Lance Storm.

Cat was FnP as long as he wasn't in the ring. Because he was dog shit in the ring.

Also, during my time away, I played this game called LISA. It's really messed up, but if you want to read a review of it that I made, you can right here if you care; steamcommunity.com/id/Aubin/recommended/335670/

The only reason I'm bringing this up, is that the guy who made the game is a pretty big wrestling fan, and made the Cesaro sprite art that I posted a page or two ago. The game is also sprinkled with quite a few Wrestling references. If you're into turn-based RPGs, this game is what I like to call Earthbound's creepy uncle. It's really messed up and all over the place, great story and cast. Not for everyone, but yeah, here's SOME that I screen capped to show you guys;

The Shocklord is your Tag partner against the Go Homers (Young Bucks). The Shocklord only has one attack and it's just him tripping over into your opponents.

The game is like $10 on STEAM. It isn't your typical JRPG affair. You play as a 30-something year old balding washed up recovering addict named Brad who is part of a post-apocalyptic world where only men are left. But he stumbles upon a baby girl crying in the middle of nowhere, and he aims to save her from this terrible world. Hilarious. Touching. Fucked up. Plenty of wrestling references sprinkled throughout and a kickass soundtrack.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-kT5SDifCU

Finally getting into Trials Fusion after it was on sale a few weeks back. Damn it's soooo good. I see Sunny seemed to like it too.

Soundtrack is awesome too.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The Ascension were on SmackDown tonight. They got no reaction.

Well, some guy behind me asked if they were the new Road Warriors, but other than that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rick Steiner & Lex Luger w. Ted Dibiase

This is the most thrown together team I've ever seen. And this girl just touched Luger and basically had a Roman Reigns reaction.

strobogo

Banned
Rick Steiner & Lex Luger w. Ted Dibiase

This is the most thrown together team I've ever seen. And this girl just touched Luger and basically had a Roman Reigns reaction.

Lex was in SHAPE. It makes sense to me. Vince would be thrilled if Roman had the body of Lex Luger at pretty much any point from 1988-2000.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lex was in SHAPE. It makes sense to me. Vince would be thrilled if Roman had the body of Lex Luger at pretty much any point from 1988-2000.
The tradeoff though is Luger basically had an old man face from 98 onwards. He was swole as fuck in 2000, but he looked about 60 in the face.
Ojn0GUJ.gif

Late WCW positives that I really enjoyed

Positively Kanyon hitting the Kanyon cutter on EVERYONE

AJ Styles & Air Paris in the cruiser weight tag tourney

EZ Money/Kid Kash feud

Jung Dragons

Booker T not being GI Bro and feuding for the title with BPP.

Oh, forgot about the Ascension.

moving on.

Sasha was on main event tonight?!

tumblr_nhfaokXNwZ1saykaxo2_r1_400.gif

My girl. They need to get rid of the Boss gimmick and her attire (in-ring gear is great). It's so god damn outdated. The Boss shit, the blinds shades that Kanye made popular in like '06. Brushing the dirt off your shoulder..? Ugh..

tumblr_nhfaokXNwZ1saykaxo1_400.gif

Don't even get me going on the "ratchet" shit...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It doesn't help that Tatanka always looked completely terrible body-wise compared to Luger. Or compared to Bastion Booger. A belly that would make Animal jealous.
Tatanka and Luger had a feud? Holy hell

Dude. That was like THE Luger in WWF feud other than Yoko. That's the only other feud I remember him having.

Oh, forgot about the Ascension.

moving on.

Sasha was on main event tonight?!

tumblr_nhfaokXNwZ1saykaxo2_r1_400.gif

My girl. They need to get rid of the Boss gimmick and her attire (in-ring gear is great). It's so god damn outdated. The Boss shit, the blinds shades that Kanye made popular in like '06. Brushing the dirt off your shoulder..? Ugh..

tumblr_nhfaokXNwZ1saykaxo1_400.gif

Don't even get me going on the "ratchet" shit...

I'm failing to see what isn't boss about those gifs?

Also people who think 80's promo Ascension aren't the most interesting they've ever been are nuts.

Top Bottom