• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
B6MhmDSCYAEhMuR.jpg

I bet he's happy as shit TNA came back since no other company would take him. This is funny TNA considers this a worthy signing announcement though!

Fox318

LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

007 The World is Not Enough (1999)

Man, these movies suck. Poor Pierce. I don't even know what it was about because I was drinking and playing the horn line to Goldfinger over and over on my keyboard with various instruments for most of the movie. I'm thinking about writing a dark reprise kind of Bond theme. There was a scene with James and CHRISTMAS JONES in an oil pipeline. I remember a boat doing a barrel roll. A big skiing chase scene. It was basically a shitty Roger Moore movie with late 90s/early 00s nonsense in it. I didn't like it. Do not bother.

Real bummer is that Desmond Llewelyn died shortly after the movie was made in a car wreck. John Cleese was introduced as his trainee, so I assume he would have been done as Q by the next movie anyway, but that he died the way he did is a real bummer. I love Q.

"Now, pay attention, 007..."
iel8D0TnOf7JA.gif
The VHS for TWINE had a nice montage of Desmond Llewelyn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynZHCeJh12c

I'm fairly confident that I successfully signed up for NJPW World.

As a true carny, I would be remiss if I didn't ask how to cancel it after Wrestle Kingdom.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man that was probably the best Main Event episode yet. Sasha Banks' main roster debut and it didn't suck, and the best looking Exotic Express I've ever seen. That Tomb Raider...

You should support the English version so we get more English commentary.

I would get the English version, but it's only available outside the US via Flippz app (whatever the fuck that is).

It was basically a shitty Roger Moore movie with late 90s/early 00s nonsense in it. I didn't like it. Do not bother.

There's so many terrrrrrrrrible Christmas-related puns in this film. Denise Richards is the worst actress ever, I'm certain - I liked the bad guy though. Also, the most remarkable thing about this film is that, somehow, against all possible odds, Die Another Day is actually WORSE. So look forward to that, I guess.

Fox318

I've been playing it over the past day or two. PCSX2 keeps crashing on me for some reason. Fucking vehicle missions.

For as much as people shit on EA they made pretty good bond games.

Was Agent Under Fire any good? I loved Nightfire and The World Is Not Enough.

I would get the English version, but it's only available outside the US via Flippz app (whatever the fuck that is).

There's so many terrrrrrrrrible Christmas-related puns in this film. Denise Richards is the worst actress ever, I'm certain - I liked the bad guy though. Also, the most remarkable thing about this film is that, somehow, against all possible odds, Die Another Day is actually WORSE. So look forward to that, I guess.

Download the flippz app on android or ios. I think you could also watch it on their website.

As noted, Eric Bischoff and Tom Prichard will be doing a live debate on The Monday Night Wars at Dave & Busters in Philadelphia on January 25th. After appearing on Chris Jericho's podcast this week, it was announced that Jericho will be the moderator for that live debate on January 25th.

Amazing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I didn't realize people hated Matt Striker as much as they did.

He's like an even worse Tenay.

Shit, I'd take Tony Cervantes over Striker. Regardless, I think anyone is gonna sound pretty rough commentating over these wrestlers they have almost no experience with. They would have been better served with a Solie type robot. I forgot how much I disliked Striker until I saw those hype videos. Those go on for way too long and come off like... super pretentious.

XenoRaven

Shit, I'd take Tony Cervantes over Striker. Regardless, I think anyone is gonna sound pretty rough commentating over these wrestlers they have almost no experience with. They would have been better served with a Solie type robot.
I am interested to hear JR try and call like half of Goto's or Nakamura's moveset.

The optimist in me would be excited to hear JR because I think he will be legitimately impressed with the wrestling and it will reflect in his commentary. I'll be watching on NJPW World though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bingo Wild Wings

I've been thinking about Bingo Wings all day.

jred2k

Shit, I'd take Tony Cervantes over Striker. Regardless, I think anyone is gonna sound pretty rough commentating over these wrestlers they have almost no experience with. They would have been better served with a Solie type robot. I forgot how much I disliked Striker until I saw those hype videos. Those go on for way too long and come off like... super pretentious.
Yep. Those videos actually made me roll my eyes at matches I'm super excited for. It felt like a writer for Pitchfork started doing wrestling reviews. No way I could listen to him pontificate for four hours.

Ultratech

"It's that, uh, that one move, um. You know. The one he does uh, a lot. Um."

Man, I can't stand that "uh.." or "um.." shit.

Back in my college days, I took a Speech class and that was prolly the most important things that they drilled into our heads.

Don't say uh.
Don't say um.
(It makes you sound stupid and not terribly confident.)

Of course, somebody immediately points out that many politicians and other people don't really adhere to that, which leads to my professor explaining why they're terrible at speeches.

Hilariously enough, when it came time for us to present (we were doing sales pitches), I ended up coming off hamming it up and it was hilarious as hell.
Managed to impress a girl in the process, so something worked!

(By the way Stro, your Bond reviews make for some good reading. Good shit.)

strobogo

Banned
Man, I can't stand that "uh.." or "um.." shit.

Back in my college days, I took a Speech class and that was prolly the most important things that they drilled into our heads.

Don't say uh.
Don't say um.
(It makes you sound stupid and not terribly confident.)

Of course, somebody immediately points out that many politicians and other people don't really adhere to that, which leads to my professor explaining why they're terrible at speeches.

Hilariously enough, when it came time for us to present (we were doing sales pitches), I ended up coming off hamming it up and it was hilarious as hell.
Managed to impress a girl in the process, so something worked!

(By the way Stro, your Bond reviews make for some good reading. Good shit.)

thanks

You guys should buy that Wrestling Gold box set. Not only do you get Meltzer commentary but you get all these matches

Disc 1

1. Sherri Martel vs. Judy Martin
2. Shawn Michaels vs. Ken Johnson
3. Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard vs. The Grapplers
4. Gino Hernandez vs. Tully Blanchard
5. Bob Orton, Jr. vs. Adrian Adonis
6. Bruiser Brody vs. Abdullah the Butcher
7. Larry Zbyszko vs. Scott Casey
8. Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Bob Sweetan
9. Terry Funk and Ivan Putski vs. Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard
10. Dick Slater vs. Mongolian Stomper (Cage Match) Referee: Lou Thesz).

Disc 2

1. The Rock and Roll Express vs. Randy "Macho Man" Savage and Lanny Poffo
2. Nick Bockwinkel vs. Manny Fernandez
3. The Sheik vs. Mark Lewin
4. David and Kerry Von Erich vs. Gene Yates and Killer Karl Krupp
5. The Fabulous Ones vs. PYT Express
6. The Road Warriors vs. Austin Idol and Jerry "The King" Lawler
7. Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler (Cage Match)
8. The Samoans vs. Ted DiBiase and Bob Roop
9. Bruno Sammartino and Dick the Bruiser vs. Ernie Ladd and Baron Von Raschke
10.Tully Blanchard vs. Manny Fernandez
11. Rick Rude vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler
12. The Crusher, Dick the Bruiser and Little Bruiser vs. Blackjack Mulligan, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and Blackjack Lanza.

Disc 3

1. Tommy Rich and Eddie Gilbert vs. Phil Hickerson and The Spoiler (Tennessee Street Fight).
2. The Rock and Roll Express vs. Randy "Macho Man" Savage and Lanny Poffo
3. Dick Slater vs. Dory Funk, Jr.
4. The Sheik vs. Tiger Jeet Singh (Cage Match)
5. The Fabulous Blondes vs. Al Perez and Manny Fernandez
6. Terry Funk vs. Harley Race
7. Pepper Gomez vs. The Bounty Hunter
8. Austin Idol vs. Jim Neidhart
9. Junkyard Dog vs. Butch Reed
10. Rick Rude, Jim Neidhart, Ox Baker and The Japanese Assassin vs. Robert Reed, Tiger Mask, Keith Eric and Mad Dog.
11. King Kong Bundy vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler
12. Terry Funk vs. Mark Lewin
13. Tommy Rich vs. Massao Ito
14. Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Kamala
15. Ray Stevens, Blackjack Mulligan and Baron Von Raschke vs. The Crusher, Dick the Bruiser and Sailor Art Thomas.

Disc 4

1. Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs. Rick Rude
2. The Sheik vs. Andre the Giant
3. Pampero Firpo vs. Jeff Doney
4. Bruiser Brody and Scott Casey vs. Kelly Kiniski and The Spoiler
5. King Kong Bundy and Rick Rude vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler and Randy "Macho Man" Savage
6. Chief Jay Strongbow vs. Bulldog Don Kent (Shark Cage Match)
7. Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs. Austin Idol
8. Terible Ted the Wrestling Bear vs. Gene DuBois
10. Tommy Rich vs. Rick Rude
11. Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Nick Bockwinkel
12. Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs. Austin Idol
13. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan vs. Cowboy Bob Ellis

Disc 5

1. Nick Bockwinkel vs. Terry Allen (Magnum TA)
2. Ivan Putski vs. Eddie Mansfield
3. Tito Santana vs. Kelly Kiniski
4. The Sheik vs. Tom Jones
5. Bobo Brazil vs. Michael Angelo
6. Chief Wahoo McDaniel vs. Tully Blanchard
7. Eddie Gilbert vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler
8. The Sheik vs. Tiger Jeet Singh (Mud Match)
9. Austin Idol vs. Massao Ito
10. Tully Blanchard and Gino Hernandez vs. Scott Casey and Terry Allen (Magnum TA)
11. Terry Taylor vs. Sabu
12. Chief Wahoo McDaniel, Tommy Rogers and Marty Janetty vs. Ted Oates and The Grapplers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great set of classic matches there, goddamn. I'd love to go through that with a pal.

You guys should buy that Wrestling Gold box set. Not only do you get Meltzer commentary but you get all these matches

Disc 1

1. Sherri Martel vs. Judy Martin
2. Shawn Michaels vs. Ken Johnson
3. Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard vs. The Grapplers
4. Gino Hernandez vs. Tully Blanchard
5. Bob Orton, Jr. vs. Adrian Adonis
6. Bruiser Brody vs. Abdullah the Butcher
7. Larry Zbyszko vs. Scott Casey
8. Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Bob Sweetan
10. Dick Slater vs. Mongolian Stomper (Cage Match) Referee: Lou Thesz).

Disc 2

1. The Rock and Roll Express vs. Randy "Macho Man" Savage and Lanny Poffo
2. Nick Bockwinkel vs. Manny Fernandez
3. The Sheik vs. Mark Lewin
4. David and Kerry Von Erich vs. Gene Yates and Killer Karl Krupp
5. The Fabulous Ones vs. PYT Express
6. The Road Warriors vs. Austin Idol and Jerry "The King" Lawler
7. Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler (Cage Match)
8. The Samoans vs. Ted DiBiase and Bob Roop
9. Bruno Sammartino and Dick the Bruiser vs. Ernie Ladd and Baron Von Raschke
10.Tully Blanchard vs. Manny Fernandez
11. Rick Rude vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler
12. The Crusher, Dick the Bruiser and Little Bruiser vs. Blackjack Mulligan, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and Blackjack Lanza.

Disc 3

1. Tommy Rich and Eddie Gilbert vs. Phil Hickerson and The Spoiler (Tennessee Street Fight).
2. The Rock and Roll Express vs. Randy "Macho Man" Savage and Lanny Poffo
3. Dick Slater vs. Dory Funk, Jr.
4. The Sheik vs. Tiger Jeet Singh (Cage Match)
5. The Fabulous Blondes vs. Al Perez and Manny Fernandez
6. Terry Funk vs. Harley Race
7. Pepper Gomez vs. The Bounty Hunter
8. Austin Idol vs. Jim Neidhart
9. Junkyard Dog vs. Butch Reed
10. Rick Rude, Jim Neidhart, Ox Baker and The Japanese Assassin vs. Robert Reed, Tiger Mask, Keith Eric and Mad Dog.
11. King Kong Bundy vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler
12. Terry Funk vs. Mark Lewin
13. Tommy Rich vs. Massao Ito
14. Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Kamala
15. Ray Stevens, Blackjack Mulligan and Baron Von Raschke vs. The Crusher, Dick the Bruiser and Sailor Art Thomas.

Disc 4

1. Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs. Rick Rude
2. The Sheik vs. Andre the Giant
3. Pampero Firpo vs. Jeff Doney
4. Bruiser Brody and Scott Casey vs. Kelly Kiniski and The Spoiler
5. King Kong Bundy and Rick Rude vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler and Randy "Macho Man" Savage
6. Chief Jay Strongbow vs. Bulldog Don Kent (Shark Cage Match)
7. Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs. Austin Idol
8. Terible Ted the Wrestling Bear vs. Gene DuBois
10. Tommy Rich vs. Rick Rude
11. Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Nick Bockwinkel
12. Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs. Austin Idol
13. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan vs. Cowboy Bob Ellis

Disc 5

1. Nick Bockwinkel vs. Terry Allen (Magnum TA)
2. Ivan Putski vs. Eddie Mansfield
3. Tito Santana vs. Kelly Kiniski
4. The Sheik vs. Tom Jones
5. Bobo Brazil vs. Michael Angelo
6. Chief Wahoo McDaniel vs. Tully Blanchard
7. Eddie Gilbert vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler
8. The Sheik vs. Tiger Jeet Singh (Mud Match)
9. Austin Idol vs. Massao Ito
10. Tully Blanchard and Gino Hernandez vs. Scott Casey and Terry Allen (Magnum TA)
11. Terry Taylor vs. Sabu
12. Chief Wahoo McDaniel, Tommy Rogers and Marty Janetty vs. Ted Oates and The Grapplers.

Sounds sick, where do I find this?

Top Bottom