• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Recall

Keep reaching, pals.

Ascension are going to at LEAST be 3-time WWE Tag Champs. I realize that doesn't mean shit, but they will be successful.

Vince does indeed like to push talentless sacks of shit, he has been doing so for close to 30 years but hey if they sell merch we would only have ourselves to blame.

Sephzilla

The Ascension will go over because they're the only big brawler team on the roster (that I can think of).

With the Wyatt family and Shield both gone I think that's probably true, actually. The full tag team division (that I can think of) is

Miz/Mizdow - Comedy act
Dust Bros - Technical wrestlers I'd say
Usos - High flyers
Lost Matadores - Lucha, I guess
New Day - Jobbers
Cesaro/Kidd - Balanced between power and technical

Ascension is going to (poorly) fill the gap left by the Wyatts and Shield.

Yo, that is factually incorrect, Ascension theme is probably the best theme going right now. CFO$ created so you know it's true.

Maybe in a universe where Sami Zayn, Charlotte, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Rusev, and Jack Swagger don't exist.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ascension are the new Highlanders, so no, I'll say that they won't have any success before being spotted on Lucha Underground crowds and fired

Raw64life

The Power and the Glory, now there was a tag team

I still don't understand why no other tag team has ever done the powerplex as their finisher. It looks cool and is safe enough that WWE would allow it today. The Usos already do the splash part why not have the other do the superplex part.

Kaladin

Real talk: themes are so generic they're not even worth discussing anymore. WWE have officially killed any enthusiasm for hearing a new entrance theme.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CFO$ does god's work. Jim Johnston needs to be ousted. WWE is putting out the best entrance music in its whole lifetime lately. Every theme is a smanger.

Sephzilla

Real talk: themes are so generic they're not even worth discussing anymore. WWE have officially killed any enthusiasm for hearing a new entrance theme.

Jim Johnston themes, maybe. Guy feels like he's kind of on autopilot right now.

+CJ Parker

I actually really like Parker's theme. It works so well for his character.

I also actually think Sasha Banks has good entrance music too oddly enough.

Vince, you know me. I love the big guys and hosses. The Ascension just don't have the body type like that. Spent the time bulking and training incorectly.

Ithil

CFO$ does god's work. Jim Johnston needs to be ousted. WWE is putting out the best entrance music in its whole lifetime lately. Every theme is a smanger.

Everything they've done on the main roster this year has been rubbish save for Rusev's. Whatever direction they're getting up there, it sucks.
They've been churning out hits for the NXT guys and girls nonstop.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pretty much all my favorite tag teams are big ol hosses beating dudes up or big ol hosses throwing dudes around. Rowan and Harper had potential to be(even though I thought Harper could stand to bulk up a little more but he made it work by just being convincing in the ring), and I saw it. Ascension don't at all.

I don't see a strongly booked intimidating to make up for meh wrestling like Road Warriors or Kronik, I don't see huge terrifying dudes who are fat but you can tell they'd fucking kill you like Natural Disasters, I don't see brawlers who look like they'd leave you with bruises like Brody and Hansen, and I don't see guys who look like they'd throw you into the next state like Vader and Bam B am or the Steiners(who aren't really hosses but if the Ascension are hosses in 2014 then the Steiners definitely are). Shit I would rather watch Knox & Abyss team up and find that more compelling than Ascension.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much all my favorite tag teams are big ol hosses beating dudes up or big ol hosses throwing dudes around. Rowan and Harper had potential to be(even though I thought Harper could stand to bulk up a little more but he made it work by just being convincing in the ring), and I saw it. Ascension don't at all.

I don't see a strongly booked intimidating to make up for meh wrestling like Road Warriors or Kronik, I don't see huge terrifying dudes who are fat but you can tell they'd fucking kill you like Natural Disasters, I don't see brawlers who look like they'd leave you with bruises like Brody and Hansen, and I don't see guys who look like they'd throw you into the next state like Vader and Bam B am or the Steiners(who aren't really hosses but if the Ascension are hosses in 2014 then the Steiners definitely are). Shit I would rather watch Knox & Abyss team up and find that more compelling than Ascension.

Even as a kid I never ever took the Natural Disasters seriously. They were too goofy and too fat to be scared of beyond being sat on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Earthquake invented Legit Shook twice. When he ended Hulkamania and when he murdered Damien.

No one will remember Rat man 2 years from now.

1996%20faces.jpeg

One of my favourite tag teams that just beat people to a pulp.

Ithil

As far as "hosses" go, Owens did more powerhousing in one squash match than the Ascension and Bull have done in their whole NXT careers so far. And he's not even that big.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of my favourite tag teams that just beat people to a pulp.

Didn't know about Meng prior to Faces of Fear, and I'm glad that was my first exposure to him because I didn't think I'd like him as much if I knew about him as KOTR or whatever. Even when Faces of Fear was on the C show I thought they were badasses as a kid. Like before I knew about who was 'real' badass and who wasn't, I just knew those two dudes would uproot my whole family tree.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Earthquake invented Legit Shook twice. When he ended Hulkamania and when he murdered Damien.

No one will remember Rat man 2 years from now.

That was serious Quake though, Natural Disasters were happy folks. I blame Tugboat.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That was serious Quake though, Natural Disasters were happy folks. I blame Tugboat.
Well yeah. Natural Disasters was just a platform for Earthquake to be awesome. I thought that was obvious because Quake always got the pin and Tugboat always took the beatings. They had a pretty good match with Road Warriors in Japan. Now if it was Shockmaster & Quake, we'da printed money

You might have thought them happy folk, but they were one of the very few tag teams people bought into as being on the same level as the Road Warriors at the time. Mostly because of their size and Earthquake being a cold hearted killing machine.
People like g talentless hosses wanna put wrestling into the dark ages again.

'The Dark Ages'
WMIII.jpg

Sephzilla

I gotta +1 Finn Balor having the best theme in all of WWE right now. It's one of those themes you can have as a ring tone and not feel embarrassed when you get a phone call in public.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah...And when I was younger, I hadn't seen the Real Ass Earthquake. My first exposure to him was Jolly Natural Disasters Quake. I didn't have the true fear to build off of.

Sephzilla

Hulk Hogan has always looked like a 40/50 year old man.

I think that's more Flair than Hogan. To me Flair has always looked old.

Hogan I always thought looked respectably young during his 80s run, but it felt like between WrestleMania 7 through 9 he aged like 10 fucking years.

Xater

'The Dark Ages'
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vAlAcP9Ip8Q/T6FEeje1UII/AAAAAAAABGk/uAJrFAZTY2Y/s1600/WMIII.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is how much I care about garbage big guy matches:

[quote="Sibersk Esto, post: 144014512"]We are in the Dark ages right now[/QUOTE]

Mostly the booking dark ages though when it comes to WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, since the year is coming to a close, I want to express that Wolfenstein: The New Order was the best game I played all year. I hope everyone here got a chance to play it, it truly is wonderful.

Runner-up is Banished. Euro poverty sims are one of my favorites.

What's yours?

Sephzilla

Friends, since the year is coming to a close, I want to express that Wolfenstein: The New Order was the best game I played all year. I hope everyone here got a chance to play it, it truly is wonderful.

What's yours?

Best game this year for me is Mario Kart 8 hands down.

Runner up is Bayonetta 2.

Secondary runner up might be Shadow of Mordor. The nemesis system and the combat outweigh the really bland story for me.

I've heard fucking great things about The New Order though, I need to try that shit out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

What's yours?

South Park and Gridiron Fight because I played that this year, and me and my friends probably spent 2 hours playing it at the arcade/'museum'

Alien: Isolation

Though that pick is heavily influenced by a touch of the fanbois towards the entire Alien Franchise. It's the first game in a long time that has 'got it right'.

Sephzilla

Man, I don't know if I could actually make a top 10 list this year. I didn't actually play that many 2014 releases (a lot of backlog catching up was done). To me this felt like a big down year.

Alien: Isolation

Though that pick is heavily influenced by a tough of the fanbois towards the entire Alien Franchise. It's the first game in a long time that has 'got it right'.

I need to start playing that again. I wont lie, I took a massive break from it because that game got into my fucking head.

Xater

Man, I don't know if I could actually make a top 10 list this year. I didn't actually play that many 2014 releases (a lot of backlog catching up was done). To me this felt like a big down year.

I need to start playing that again. I wont lie, I took a massive break from it because that game got into my fucking head.

It was a down year, but I always play a lot of games. A lot of the games on this list would not have made it on it in some other years. I am only real confident about my top 5.

Top Bottom