• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
tumblr_ngva9fyXDh1rofocqo1_1280.jpg

Wait a minute… Oh God… It can’t be… that’s… Horse’s music!!

Pretty sure it'll be Shelton, but Takayama would be an awesome surprise and very interesting given the other NOAH guys in the match.
QUOTE]

Indeed. Also I'm not really shocked as NOAH had said that TMDK would be doing some guest spots for NJPW in 2015, which makes me very happy as they're quite a good team and I would love to see them in matches against Anderson/Gallows, KES, and Shibata/Goto. Hopefully they can help out NJPW's tag division which is desperately in need of some fresh teams. Also it furthers the relationship between NOAH and NJPW.

somedevil

My question for the Wrestle Kingdom show is its going to 4 hours right from 5 right? If that is the case then they have 10 match card. So some of these matches are going to be time constrained.

I mean you got to give time to the final 3 matches. So some stuff is going to get time constrained. That 8 man with Yano smells like a 5-8 minute match.

RP912

Banned
With all the hype surrounding WK9...I seriously hope this event won't explode on it's face. The hype is giving me Wrestlemania 2 vibes for some strange reason.

My question for the Wrestle Kingdom show is its going to 4 hours right from 5 right? If that is the case then they have 10 match card. So some of these matches are going to be time constrained.

I mean you got to give time to the final 3 matches. So some stuff is going to get time constrained. That 8 man with Yano smells like a 5-8 minute match.

The NJPW Battle Royale will be on the pre-show, as they've confirmed the opening match for the GFW presentation is the Jr. tag title 4-way, so yeah: 10 matches. Apparently the Power Struggle show was a test-run to see if they could fit everything into 4 hours and while they succeeded time-wise, the undercard was a bit rushed and the main event could've done with an extra 5-10 minutes. However, they likely won't cut the planned length of Okada vs Tanahashi, so cuts would have to be made elsewhere. Likely in the Jarrett match and the Yano match - also, it's worth noting that Suzuki vs Sakuraba could be over very quickly, given the shootstyle rules. I wouldn't be surprised if it went 5 minutes or less.

strobogo

Banned

What Vader SHOULD have done when Shawn was being an unprofessional dick. This was after Shawn yelled at Mick for not going along with a spot and then punching and kicking him in the head much harder than he ever needed to.

somedevil

The NJPW Battle Royale will be on the pre-show, as they've confirmed the opening match for the GFW presentation is the Jr. tag title 4-way, so yeah: 10 matches. Apparently the Power Struggle show was a test-run to see if they could fit everything into 4 hours and while they succeeded time-wise, the undercard was a bit rushed and the main event could've done with an extra 5-10 minutes. However, they likely won't cut the planned length of Okada vs Tanahashi, so cuts would have to be made elsewhere. Likely in the Jarrett match and the Yano match - also, it's worth noting that Suzuki vs Sakuraba could be over very quickly, given the shootstyle rules. I wouldn't be surprised if it went 5 minutes or less.

I looked at the card for time and I doubt Okada is going to get his 6 star match with a 17 minute match. They are going to need an extra 25 minutes for the final 2 matches. So I see those 6 and 8 tag matches not getting much and that Suzuki knockout match not even getting close to 10 minutes.

Alucard

Banned
Lashley is an example of all muscle but no personality. I remember when he got shitted on during December to Dismember. Nobody cared for dude at all. His TNA run is actually tolerable though...

Lashley brought legitimacy to the TNA Heavyweight belt. Really enjoyed his run. He didn't have one bad match while defending.

-Erick Young
-Jeff Hardy
-Austin Aries
-Samoa Joe
-Bobby Roode

All got good stuff out of Lashley, and a couple of these are some of the best TNA matches ever.

RP912

Banned

Even Foley was like "fuck this guy". That whole match was weird in such a good way.

Lashley brought legitimacy to the TNA Heavyweight belt. Really enjoyed his run. He didn't have one bad match while defending.

-Erick Young
-Jeff Hardy
-Austin Aries
-Samoa Joe
-Bobby Roode

All got good stuff out of Lashley, and a couple of these are some of the best TNA matches ever.

Lashley and EC3 made TNA great in 2014.

I'm trying to think of some legit WWE TMF. Not all time, just while they were in wwe. There's Brock obviously, but on the whole it seems the 'e isn't great with their big dominant motherfuckers

What Vader SHOULD have done when Shawn was being an unprofessional dick. This was after Shawn yelled at Mick for not going along with a spot and then punching and kicking him in the head much harder than he ever needed to.

In Mick's book he mentions that that spot was planned just to play off the Vader incident, I guess to work the 0.2% of the audience that knew about it. Unless he was working ME in the book. Can't trust anyone in this business I guess.

RP912

Banned
I'm trying to think of some legit WWE TMF. Not all time, just while they were in wwe. There's Brock obviously, but on the whole it seems the 'e isn't great with their big dominant motherfuckers

Bork is last of a dying breed of TMF'ism. Harper could be the contender for the title though...

Fantastic storytelling from Zayn & Owens, just a continuation of their never-ending feud and I'm real glad more people are finally realising what great performers they are.
Sami's music was sooooooooo good too. I thought it was lame the first time I heard it when he made his entrance but it turned out to be great.

Balor's music was epic too.

strobogo

Banned
In Mick's book he mentions that that spot was planned just to play off the Vader incident, I guess to work the 0.2% of the audience that knew about it. Unless he was working ME in the book. Can't trust anyone in this business I guess.

Well it worked me because I saw Shawn being a dick, taking liberties with Mick, and then Mick paying him back for it.

Recall

That match is wonderful. Even the shitty finish didn't hamper it.

RP912

Banned
Speaking of TMFs...I'm watching Andre/Hanson right now as we speak. Holy shit this match is great. Stiff hits for everybody.

strobogo

Banned
strobogo, show me this Shawn Michaels and Vader thing. I remember Cornette Cornetting about it.

I don't have a gif of it. Shawn was doing his top rope stomp or something and Vader was out of position, so HBK got all shitty and yelled at him or something. I watched the match last night and didn't see that part because the Network is dogshit and it kept freezing and jumping around. But Vader didn't do shit about it and just took it.

Well it worked me because I saw Shawn being a dick, taking liberties with Mick, and then Mick paying him back for it.

Yeah that's pretty much how Mick described it, wanted to play up the Shawn reputation. Still not sure of the point though, the amount of people watching at the time that cared/even knew about the Vader incident had to be miniscule.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah that's pretty much how Mick described it, wanted to play up the Shawn reputation. Still not sure of the point though, the amount of people watching at the time that cared/even knew about the Vader incident had to be miniscule.

It was in Philly with ECW dudes and fans all over the place, so they probably wouldn't have done that spot anywhere but Philly or NYC. But curiously, once the ECW guys are taken away, one VINCE RUSSO is seen sitting in their seats during the main event.

Browny

Banned
I don't have a gif of it. Shawn was doing his top rope stomp or something and Vader was out of position, so HBK got all shitty and yelled at him or something. I watched the match last night and didn't see that part because the Network is dogshit and it kept freezing and jumping around. But Vader didn't do shit about it and just took it.

Off the top of my head, Shawn was going for the elbow drop, Vader wasn't at the right angle or was too close - so Shawn jumped straight down onto both feet and then top-stomped on his head.

Sami's music was sooooooooo good too. I thought it was lame the first time I heard it when he made his entrance but it turned out to be great.

I like his entrance theme, I just wish the audience would drop the Bouncing Souls "Olé" chants - it's a nice nod to his past, but it'd sound better if they just learnt his actual theme and sang along to that.

It was in Philly with ECW dudes and fans all over the place, so they probably wouldn't have done that spot anywhere but Philly or NYC. But curiously, once the ECW guys are taken away, one VINCE RUSSO is seen sitting in their seats during the main event.

Ah that would explain it, been a while since I read the book, Mick probably mentions the Philly deal in it.

Top Bottom