• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
Off the top of my head, Shawn was going for the elbow drop, Vader wasn't at the right angle or was too close - so Shawn jumped straight down onto both feet and then top-stomped on his head.

Yeah he also screams ''MOVE!'' so I guess Vader was supposed to... move. Really shitty thing to do, apparently Shawn says sorry to Vader in his book. And why do I know about all these wrestling books.

Vylash

iWA1YJVdd4gZC.gif

RP912

Banned
In a really stupid-but-not-really-but-actually-I'm-kinda-serious-way... Necro Butcher would have been amazing in WWE.

You know that would actually work...but honestly he would do wonders in NXT. Since there's no emphasis in nodq/hardcore matches in NXT, imagine butcher coming out of no where and laying out sami leading into a first ever extreme rules match in NXT.

RP912

Banned
I want to see Arn Anderson in the rumble. Dude can still go regardless of retirement. Just give me a spine buster and get eliminated by Reigns for the extra boos.

Dudes...why nobody didn't tell me Dusty had a match with Inoki o_o.

NJPW World is blowing my mind..

I watched that the other day, honestly found it quite dull - Dusty's stalling tactics didn't gel with Inoki and the first half dragged on and on. Finishing stretch was OK though, but there's far better Inoki matches on there.

I looked at the card for time and I doubt Okada is going to get his 6 star match with a 17 minute match. They are going to need an extra 25 minutes for the final 2 matches. So I see those 6 and 8 tag matches not getting much and that Suzuki knockout match not even getting close to 10 minutes.

If I had to venture a guess for match times, probably everything except the e main matches (Styles/Naito, Ibushi/Swagsuke, Tanahashi/Okada) will be 10-15 minutes or under with Anderson/Gallows vs. Goto/Shibata, Taguchi/Omega, and Makabe/Ishii probably getting around 15. I could see Styles/Naito and Ibushi/Swagsuke getting about 20 minutes each, while a full 30 gets devoted to Tanahasi/Okada.

So to work that out...

Jr. Tag Title 4-way - 10 min
Six Man - 10 min
8 man - 10 min
Sakuraba/Suzuki - 10 min
Ishii/Makabe - 15 min
Taguchi/Omega - 15 min
Tag title match - 15 min
Styles/Naito - 20 min
Nakamura/Ibushi - 20 min
Tanahashi/Okada - 30 min

That comes to about 2 and a half hours, with the extra hour and a half for entrances and whatnot. You could easily tack on another 5 minutes to a couple of the undercard matches.

Also, I know this is my second time asking (sorry) but I'm looking for somebody to help make some decent images showing the WK9 matches for the OT that I will be making on Dec. 28. If anyone can help me out please respond or PM me.

RP912

Banned
I watched that the other day, honestly found it quite dull - Dusty's stalling tactics didn't gel with Inoki and the first half dragged on and on. Finishing stretch was OK though, but there's far better Inoki matches on there.

yeah...this match been a drag for a good few minutes. Inoki wanted a fight while dusty wanted to wrassle...

DMczaf

Oh my god.

During the month that WWE Network was free and Survivor Series was ABSOLUTELY FREE...the PPV sold 100K at $54.99 a pop.

Night of Champions, during a month where you had to pay for WWE Network sold 50K on PPV.

What. What. What. What.

Bit late on this discussion (as always).

I love that Mankind vs Shawn match. It's so good on so many levels.

Also, I can vouch for Necro Butcher not being a smelly guy. If you've ever seen him after a show you'd know he scrubs up to the point of almost being unrecognizable. Super nice dude too.

Top Bottom