• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
The first Game Boy Advance System was fucking garbage. Who cares if it has more colors and stuff. The original system:
gameboy_advance.jpg

didn't have a back light! So you couldn't see jack shit anyway.

This version:
Game_Boy_Advance_SP_-_onyx_black.jpg

had a back light and was freaking awesome!
I remember playing through circle of the moon on the original GBA and it being an awful experience, game was so damn dark. Think they also had 2 versions of the SP with only the refresh having the best backlight.

Aiii

So not worth it
The original SP was actually frontlit, around the end of the lifecycle they released a backlit version for North America.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, the LAW's end of year awards are great but Braden Harrington is the epitome of a dork.

Cagey

Banned
Listening to one of the Observer Radio podcast updates from the past few days, which is now certainly to be my last, it's apparent that HHH is the WWE's biggest face and Vince McMahon is the WWE's biggest heel to the smark crowd. "I don't know anything about this but if I had to speculate, I think Vince is competing with and trying to bury NXT!"

FFS.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and 3, and I'm pissed that tycoon/construction management simulation games aren't more popular in 2014.

All we get is Maia, which is never going to be finished. Prison tycoon, which I haven't tried yet though I want to even though I hate its art style or lack of one and whatever half assed money mooching carny game Double Fine made that had 1/4th the content of the game they ripped off.

Screamride's coming out in a few months from the RCT3 devs, brah. I'm pumped for it.

I love RCT but I find I actually can't really get u sed to 3's control scheme, I gotta stick with 2, even if all the six flags parks don't have any of the licensed rides.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Could you imagine how ridiculous a theme park world builder would be if it were based off of Landmark or (bleh) Minecraft? Monstrous sizes, everyone builds what they want, and gets stupid...

and my favorite, a maze in front of the restrooms.

Aiii

So not worth it
Also bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and 3, and I'm pissed that tycoon/construction management simulation games aren't more popular in 2014.

All we get is Maia, which is never going to be finished. Prison tycoon, which I haven't tried yet though I want to even though I hate its art style or lack of one and whatever half assed money mooching carny game Double Fine made that had 1/4th the content of the game they ripped off.

Space Base DF-9 was actually pretty fun, but Prison Architect is amazing. Should really get back to that now that it's had a ton of updates.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Think screamride is just coasters though. Not so much management. I'm really curious to see what that new Roller Coaster Tycoon is as long as it's not some F2P Cash shop infested thing. And it's had rocky development, so I really REALLY doubt anything will come of it.

One of my dream games is for Disney to put out a Theme Park style game with a big budget and access to build all their old park attractions and things like that. Combine Kinect Disneyland and Coaster if you wheeel

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Space Base DF-9 was actually pretty fun, but Prison Architect is amazing. Should really get back to that now that it's had a ton of updates.

I'm still holding off on putting significant time in Prison Architect until it releases a bit more complete. So many huge overhauls planned, I don't want to get into it until it's ready. I hate that part of Greenlight.

I did pick up FNAF2 and I'm stoked to play it but I'm concerned it's barely functional. Man, I am super ready to play that shit.

Was late to change the avatar, didn't know mobileGAF didn't have a change avatar function (or can't find it)

A collage of Swagger smiles as my avatar huh? Well this certainly cracked me up lol

Just caught last week's NXT, gotta love how the Vaudevillains have a screen filter.

Hasney

Was late to change the avatar, didn't know mobileGAF didn't have a change avatar function (or can't find it)

A collage of Swagger smiles as my avatar huh? Well this certainly cracked me up lol

Just caught last week's NXT, gotta love how the Vaudevillains have a screen filter.

D'aw, it's more beautiful than I could have imagined when I made it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of the contest, Vinny Mac, can I suggest the Avatar Rumble to be exclusive to actual WrassleGAF members? Still a bit disappointed my beautiful work of art isn't being used.

Nothing against you doing all that amazing work to organise this for the community, of course.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I wish WWE really did read WrassleGAF so they could've stole my booking for Bo where he becomes a motivational speaker who (much to everyone's surprise) actually turns around the careers of failing superstars like R Truth and Justin Gabriel, then leads his newly won army of BoLievers against the cult terrorising the WWE; The Wyatt Family. However, somewhere along the way you'd slowly start to realise that Bo is the truly creepy one and the BoLievers are the real bad guys of the feud. The full turn would be complete when it's revealed that Bo is Bray's brother and that he killed Sister Abigail. SWERVE.
I know they at least read my posts cause I was in here for months on end bugging for Kaitlyn to use the spear and next thing you know she was tackling straight through the insides of AJ Lee.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of the contest, Vinny Mac, can I suggest the Avatar Rumble to be exclusive to actual WrassleGAF members? Still a bit disappointed my beautiful work of art isn't being used.

Nothing against you doing all that amazing work to organise this for the community, of course.

I dunno, I mean, if people lurk and post elsewhere but want to be a part of the community that's fine by me. It just ups our exposure in a way. I dunno how you'd say whether or not someone 'deserves' to be in the running. Maybe I should ask Stumples about making WrassleBot for us.

What would constitute as an "actual WrassleGAF member" though?

Aiii

So not worth it
I dunno, I mean, if people lurk and post elsewhere but want to be a part of the community that's fine by me. It just ups our exposure in a way. I dunno how you'd say whether or not someone 'deserves' to be in the running. Maybe I should ask Stumples about making WrassleBot for us.

What would constitute as an "actual WrassleGAF member" though?

A minimum of at least 1 post in the thread, maybe a couple?

I understand not wanting to be inclusive and allowing lurkers to join in on the fun, but seeing my avatar unused is a bit of a shame, took me a good hour to make several options, including a pretty great Johnny B Badd one. I dunno, just a bit of a shame is all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I barely ever listen to the actual LAW radio program. Don't like it as much as Review A Raw etc. I'll give these awards a listen though.

Pollock is of course on point with almost everything he picks. I do enjoy the beginning of the main LAW show after PPVs as I usually catch them live so it's nice to hear what others think of them and how it lines up with how I felt. I don't do their weekly show if there's not a WWE PPV though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
*quietly chuckles at all his wrasslegaf bros asking about wrapping paper*

I wonder who would use Luchador wrapping paper...

Wrapping paper? I put shit in a bag. There's ya gift.

Speaking of presents, thank you Boots, I appreciate the gift you sent me. I will play it. I hear it's good dumb fun. (It was Shadow Warrior guys!)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was crush hour good?

"Twisty rockets"

"The Undertaker just snatched the twisty rockets...Stacy Keibler just grabbed the twisty rockets....William Regal now has control of the twisty rockets...Chuck Palumbo just grabbed the twisty rockets...the twisty rockets...the twisty rockets...."

Fintan

Pollock is of course on point with almost everything he picks. I do enjoy the beginning of the main LAW show after PPVs as I usually catch them live so it's nice to hear what others think of them and how it lines up with how I felt. I don't do their weekly show if there's not a WWE PPV though.
I find some of the callers very difficult to listen to and I'm not really a fan of Dan Lovranski. I also mostly listen to post PPV shows, especially post Mania.

Do you like Bauer and Pollock?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I find some of the callers very difficult to listen to and I'm not really a fan of Dan Lovranski. I also mostly listen to post PPV shows, especially post Mania.

Do you like Bauer and Pollock?

I also can't stand listener call-ins, even though our dude Dr Duncan Steel calls in. I just don't give a shit was the peasants think. I like Agnew a lot, I enjoy Lovranski but he's an acquired taste. I tune out as soon as their PPV recap is over.

I like Bauer and Pollock, mainly due to Bauer's unique position and perspective on what makes TV work and what makes sense from a business standpoint.

Shitty intro to that show though. It doesn't need to be over a minute long. And it sucks.

Fox318

"Twisty rockets"

"The Undertaker just snatched the twisty rockets...Stacy Keibler just grabbed the twisty rockets....William Regal now has control of the twisty rockets...Chuck Palumbo just grabbed the twisty rockets...the twisty rockets...the twisty rockets...."

That makes it sound better

Fintan

I also can't stand listener call-ins, even though our dude Dr Duncan Steel calls in. I just don't give a shit was the peasants think. I like Agnew a lot, I enjoy Lovranski but he's an acquired taste. I tune out as soon as their PPV recap is over.

I like Bauer and Pollock, mainly due to Bauer's unique position and perspective on what makes TV work and what makes sense from a business standpoint.

Shitty intro to that show though. It doesn't need to be over a minute long. And it sucks.
Yeah, Bauer is interesting if a bit long winded at times.

Because of living in Ireland I pretty much only keep up with Raw via the podcast. It's probably the best way to "watch" the show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Bauer is interesting if a bit long winded at times.

Because of living in Ireland I pretty much only keep up with Raw via the podcast. It's probably the best way to "watch" the show.

Same here, I can't do Raw anymore. 3 hours is way too long and if there's a segment worth watching, it'll carry over into WrassleGAF the next day and I'll get to it. I just can't do Raw.

I wish John and Wai would do NXT instead of that NXT show they do have. I just don't enjoy the stumbly bumbly nature of Harrington in the least. I can't listen to him.

A minimum of at least 1 post in the thread, maybe a couple?

I understand not wanting to be inclusive and allowing lurkers to join in on the fun, but seeing my avatar unused is a bit of a shame, took me a good hour to make several options, including a pretty great Johnny B Badd one. I dunno, just a bit of a shame is all.

heh, I get where you are coming from. While I didn't work nearly as hard as you did, I don't think I have seen my guy post in this thread since the change. I need him to represent the Young Bucks since my av no longer has them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
heh, I get where you are coming from. While I didn't work nearly as hard as you did, I don't think I have seen my guy post in this thread since the change. I need him to represent the Young Bucks since my av no longer has them.

I really enjoy CureVylash having to post in his waifu threads with 1000 year old demons while repping Hama's big fat ass.

Aiii

So not worth it
Same here, I can't do Raw anymore. 3 hours is way too long and if there's a segment worth watching, it'll carry over into WrassleGAF the next day and I'll get to it. I just can't do Raw.

I wish John and Wai would do NXT instead of that NXT show they do have. I just don't enjoy the stumbly bumbly nature of Harrington in the least. I can't listen to him.

Agreed on both accounts. I commend anyone that still bothers with Raw, I have no clue how they put up with it.

What's even more puzzling is that WWE does a Facebook poll every tuesday that says "Did you like Raw?" and it's ALWAYS 90% or more liked... Totally baffling.

As for the LAW, Wai Ting and John Pollock together are the MVP's of that podcast, everytime you take either one of them away from the other the show is a ton less enjoyable.

Top Bottom