• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
lol, dude should go back to his previous gimmick

IYauWlv.gif

"No, no, Paul, listen, you gotta... BLACK it up more. That's not how they do it, here.. When you go out there, just do what I taught you, okay?"

y07Npg.gif

vVV1YM.gif

Alucard

Banned
Tommaso Ciampa = WWE fans
Cedric Alexander = WWE creative/Vince/Kevin Dunn

Don't keep taking the punishment, guys. There is another way.

show_news_icon.php

ring-of-honor-new-logo_2502.jpg

lucha-underground.jpg

1357848612-wwe-nxt-iii-head.jpg

+ Dragon Gate, PWG, Evolve, AAA, AIW, AAW, etc. etc. etc.

Alucard

Banned
The most interesting thing about the Paul Heyman doc was all of the wrestlers interviewed talking about how shitty things have been since they went corporate and how easy it is to get put in the dog house for stupid shit, while interspersed with clips of Stephanie giving corporate speak. Also the clip of Punk saying he wouldn't still be in WWE if he wasn't currently working with Paul Heyman.

That doc and pretty much ever MNW episode makes me think there is a mutiny going on that no one at the top level even notices. There is SO much negativity about WWE (and WCW shit that now applies to WWE) on WWE's own products that it is kind of amazing no one is taking notice to change that shit.

When you listen to guys like Ambrose talk about the lack of freedom or the just plain bad ideas creative sometimes brings to the table, you start to wonder how many guys on the roster are going through the same thing, and how many guys are just as annoyed by it. The corporate culture of the WWE sounds pretty bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The most interesting thing about the Paul Heyman doc was all of the wrestlers interviewed talking about how shitty things have been since they went corporate and how easy it is to get put in the dog house for stupid shit, while interspersed with clips of Stephanie giving corporate speak. Also the clip of Punk saying he wouldn't still be in WWE if he wasn't currently working with Paul Heyman.

That doc and pretty much ever MNW episode makes me think there is a mutiny going on that no one at the top level even notices. There is SO much negativity about WWE (and WCW shit that now applies to WWE) on WWE's own products that it is kind of amazing no one is taking notice to change that shit.

Zayn throws down the WWE Undisputed title he just won, spitting on the legacy of your HHH's, your HBK's, your Ric Flair's and proclaims it the NXT Undisputed title.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

B-bu-but Austin said he raised heck and that Ringmaster sucked and these guys need to just go to Vince and creative and say "hey I have an idea" and that'll fix all the problems!

strobogo

Banned
When you listen to guys like Ambrose talk about the lack of freedom or the just plain bad ideas creative sometimes brings to the table, you start to wonder how many guys on the roster are going through the same thing, and how many guys are just as annoyed by it. The corporate culture of the WWE sounds pretty bad.

I forgot about all of the guys that go on podcasts and talk about how stupid all the shit is. And on twitter. People still in the company, retired stars, office people, video production people. Everyone shitting on WWE and no one at the top seems to notice.

Just got back from Raw. I don't know how it played on TV, but I had a great god damn time. This was my first time at a WWE event. Being a "very special episode," not much happened to advance storylines, but it was a solid night of inoffensive fun. I'm reading through your comments and typing my own impressions along the way.

The night kicked off with a couple Superstars matches. First up was Titus O'Neil v. Justin Gabriel. It was practically a squash match. Justin did some flippy shit, then Titus tossed him around for a few minutes and got the pin. Titus looked great. I wish they'd put him on TV more. After that it was Rowan v. Cesaro. Rowan's a Minnesota boy, so he got a pretty good pop. But Cesaro got a huge pop. They put on a textbook match; Rowan understandably came out the victor. Cesaro pulled out a swing, though. Both guys looked great.

The opening segment was what it was. Mostly embarrassing. Cena and Rollins put on a hell of a show in their match, though. Until the finish, that is. All I could do was shake my head. But the leg drop looked really impressive.

Swagger v. Fandango had an unexpected finish. I still have a soft spot in my heart for Fandango, so it got a cheer out of me. R-Truth v. Adam Rose: LOL.

Reigns v. Big Show. This whole thing nicely encapsulated everything about Roman Reigns. Before the match anticipation was palpable. Throughout the commercial break every single neck in the house was craned toward His Holiness' expected point of entry. The music hits. The bass hits you in your gut. The crowd feels electric as He makes His way down the stairs. Then the match starts and it...just doesn't go anywhere. All that energy fizzles into the ether. People are excited by Roman Reigns the idea more than Roman Reigns the man.

Natalya v. Brie. Brie got a surprisingly loud pop from the ladies in the crowd. The match itself got a big ol' 0. Not much to say about that. Then the Dust Brothers v. Los Matadores, and the less I say about that, the better.

ZIGGLER V. HARPER. MY MARK OUT MOMENT OF THE NIGHT.
I'm a full on Ziggler mark. I have no shame about that. This match had me on the edge of my seat. Every time Ziggler tried to mount some offense, Harper slapped him the fuck down. At several points I really thought it was all over. It seemed like there was no credible way my boy could pull out a win. But he did, and it was glorious. I screamed my god damn head off through the entire post-match celebration. I was seated in a fairly prominent position wearing a limited edition Ziggler shirt, and I'm pretty sure senpai noticed me. I think I might have been in an audience close-up shot? I'll have to go back and watch it.

Piper v. Rusev. It was crazy how over this segment was. Piper got the standard old-timer pop, of course. Then Rusev comes out and the boos are nothing short of deafening. This guy has nuclear heat. Ryback comes out to a bigger pop than anyone's gotten all night. Every soul in the building is screaming "Feed me more!" at the top of their lungs. It was really an incredible moment to be caught up in.

Divas tag match. Crowd was catatonic for anyone who wasn't Paige. She and Emma had a pretty fun little moment in the ring. Other than that it was a divas tag match.

Mizzes v. Usos. The standard Miz/Mizdow dynamic. Really fun to be a part of. The Usos are still boring.

Ambrose v. Wyatt. This match took a while to get going, I thought, but ended up decent in the end. I dunno. I love Ambrose and I like Wyatt but I think their rivalry has run its course. The finish was dumb as hell, but I get it. The table spot was a show stopper and you can't end a match from there. After the show went off the air, Wyatt gets led backstage by the doctors. Ambrose sets up another table in ring, then runs backstage to grab Wyatt. Dirty Deeds in the ring, followed by a table spot off the ladder. Wyatt gets led away by doctors again while Ambrose ends the night hamming it up to the audience.

Like I said, a fun night all around. Some lulls to be sure, but I saw the guys I love, doing what they love to do. Maybe it was less impressive on TV, but it's really hard to be cynical when you're right there in the thick of it, contributing to the show. I can't wait until the next time WWE comes to town.

I think the guy with the "stop adding fake crowd sound on Smackdown" sign was kicked out.

Yeah! That happened. Right when the match hit a high note, so it was a weird mix of real and ironic cheers.

Zayn throws down the WWE Undisputed title he just won, spitting on the legacy of your HHH's, your HBK's, your Ric Flair's and proclaims it the NXT Undisputed title.

Reminds me of my first post here in GAF.. Let's go back in time, shall we?

In the tradition of Sunny, in the tradition of Stro, of the Bean Bionic brothers, of Prof. Beef, of Falling Edge and Bronson, of Aiiii, of Heel-- the man who will never die.
As the real captain of this ship EvilLore, upstairs tonight.
From the Alucards, to the Fox318s, to the... SimplyTheBests, I accept this GAF membership. ... Wait a second. Of Plywood. Of the fat man himself, Data West. This is it tonight, Dad.
God, that's beautiful...and they can all kiss my ass!

ZVDmbQA.png

Because! I am not the man who accepts a torch to be handed down to me from an organization that died-- RIP-- seven years ago. The Freckhise, is the man who ignites the new flame of the sport of professional wrestling forum posting!
Tonight, before God and my father is witness,
I declare myself, The Freckhise, as the new GAF Heavyweight Champion of the world! I have set out to change the face of professional wrestling forum posting.
So tonight, let the new era begin: the era of the sport of professional wrestling forum, the era of The Freckhise!

http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.minus.com/iVjpkLfVHmKiD.gif&v=G5A3Blt1Ipw&s=33

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I forgot about all of the guys that go on podcasts and talk about how stupid all the shit is. And on twitter. People still in the company, retired stars, office people, video production people. Everyone shitting on WWE and no one at the top seems to notice.

I switch my opinion every few months on whether or not HHH is part of the problem or just biding his time until Vince retires (dies in the middle of the ring)

I think I'm set after R-Evolution though that he is just biding his time.

Alucard

Banned

Yeah, I wonder if there are any repercussion that we don't know about. Likely not. It's probably a case of the WWE being so huge that they just can't keep track of who is saying what where, unless it's a huge thing like the Punk on Colt interview.

Anth0ny

BECAUSE THIS IS THE FUCKING WWE AND THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO FUCKING BOOK SHIT ANYMORE AND FLUKE THEIR FUCKING WAY INTO SHIT THAT'S SOMEHOW GOOD. THEY HAVE A TEMPLATE FOR THEIR MAIN EVENT FACES AND THEY CAN'T CHANGE IT BECAUSE THEY SERVE THE WHIMS OF A SENILE OUT OF TOUCH 69 YEAR OLD MAN WHO THINKS DRESSING A LITTLE MAN IN A REINDEER COSTUME IS OSCAR LEVEL COMEDY SO UNTIL HE'S FUCKING DEAD THERE'S NO USE COMPLAINING BECAUSE IT'S NOT GOING TO GET ANY BETTER

STOP WATCHING RAW

sounded like a great raw tonight

Who would you say is the glue that holds this community together? When you can answer that, you'll know then who was the poster named Horse.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, I wonder if there are any repercussion that we don't know about. Likely not. It's probably a case of the WWE being so huge that they just can't keep track of who is saying what where, unless it's a huge thing like the Punk on Colt interview.

I'm surprised guys are allowed to go on podcasts at all really. You never used to see dudes going on radio shows and be 100% out of character and talking about shitty writing and refusing ideas and what not. Once in a while on Stern, but that's it. It seems likely to me that Vince still doesn't know what a podcast is even after doing the thing with Austin.

BECAUSE THIS IS THE FUCKING WWE AND THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO FUCKING BOOK SHIT ANYMORE AND FLUKE THEIR FUCKING WAY INTO SHIT THAT'S SOMEHOW GOOD. THEY HAVE A TEMPLATE FOR THEIR MAIN EVENT FACES AND THEY CAN'T CHANGE IT BECAUSE THEY SERVE THE WHIMS OF A SENILE OUT OF TOUCH 69 YEAR OLD MAN WHO THINKS DRESSING A LITTLE MAN IN A REINDEER COSTUME IS OSCAR LEVEL COMEDY SO UNTIL HE'S FUCKING DEAD THERE'S NO USE COMPLAINING BECAUSE IT'S NOT GOING TO GET ANY BETTER

STOP WATCHING RAW
quoting a straight shoot for a new page
lol, dude should go back to his previous gimmick

IYauWlv.gif

Wouldn't you prefer his other previous gimmick?

33533.jpg

gurudyne

B-bu-but Austin said he raised heck and that Ringmaster sucked and these guys need to just go to Vince and creative and say "hey I have an idea" and that'll fix all the problems!

Hilarious that the veteran-recommended method for the past twenty years has been to fight against an entire division of the publicly-traded company--a division whose sole purpose is to make the wrestlers entertaining and palatable to an audience--in order to be successful.

@Freck: Can't believe you gave the rub to simplythebest in your debut. Could have at least Noob Saibot'd him out of your re-post. Shameful chapter of Wrasslegaf history.

Who would you say is the glue that holds this community together? When you can answer that, you'll know then who was the poster named Horse.

It's Horse. Where do you think he went after he got banned?

mmxXHqEYBX-2.png

He literally became the glue to hold us together.

Hilarious that the veteran-recommended method for the past twenty years has been to fight against an entire division of the publicly-traded company--a division whose sole purpose is to make the wrestlers entertaining and palatable to an audience--in order to be successful.

@Freck: Can't believe you gave the rub to simplythebest in your debut. Could have at least Noob Saibot'd him out of your re-post. Shameful chapter of Wrasslegaf history.

I should probably replace him with someone else and give him the Benoit treatment.

STOP WATCHING RAW

Real ass TheWesker

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Does WWE know that giving Ziggler any form of momentum is not a good idea with the Rumble just around the corner? I mean, just imagine if Philly get's the idea that he could actually win...

So basically what it boils down to for who we should blame for ten years of Cena is Vanilla Ice right..?

If Sina didn't catch Steph's attention with the rap gimmick that night.

yXXOjL.gif

The very moment that sealed our fates. Steph looked at that and thought "well, there's our future!".

strobogo

Banned
Does WWE know that giving Ziggler any form of momentum is not a good idea with the Rumble just around the corner? I mean, just imagine if Philly get's the idea that he could actually win...

If Dolph Ziggler wins the Royal Rumble I'll continue to stay unsubscribed to the Network. I guarandamntee it.

Terrabyte20xx

I just read an article where someone claimed that the rumors of Roman winning the Rumble was just a work to get "smarks" riled up.

Take that for what you will.

It'd be easier if they just liked Roman.

WE'RE BOOKING ROMAN REIGNS TO WIN EVERYTHING AND BY GOD, YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE IT GOD DAMMIT!

KRpVdY.gif

I just read an article where someone claimed that the rumors of Roman winning the Rumble was just a work to get "smarks" riled up.

and THAT is just a rumor to give smarks false hope that one of their internet favorites are going to win so that Vince can laugh when Roman still wins.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I just read an article where someone claimed that the rumors of Roman wining the Rumble was just a work to get "smarks" riled up.

I just read an article that said your post was just a work to get "smarks" excited to watch the rumble.

And you can BELEE DAT

Terrabyte20xx

Hey, I thought it was a load of bull too, but the idea that some actually believes that Vince is smart enough to use the dirt sheets was just hilarious.

Ziggler is good but he doesn't put on performances like Bryan did where you were left wondering how the fuck is he not in the main event.

Top Bottom