• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just read an article where someone claimed that the rumors of Roman winning the Rumble was just a work to get "smarks" riled up.

Take that for what you will.

Was it ever an official "rumor," or just the obvious way of things because this company reliably makes the worst booking decisions possible?

So how many times are we going to get the exact same Cena/Rollins match, with the same J&J interference and spots, and with absolutely nothing at stake? What exactly is the point of this other than HEY LOOK ITS CENA!

strobogo

Banned
tumblr_inline_nh0g93mk2r1sr3edi.gif

Why does he look like he's wearing a King Tut costume from K-Mart?

I think I'm more offended at Freckle invoking the name of Aiii in his first post than simplythebest.

gurudyne

Meltzerz reporting that it's possible that dissatisfaction with management is at an all time high and word around the locker room is one or two indie favorites are looking to shoot their way to an unscripted Royal Rumble win. Things could change, but the belief is that being bold like this is the only way to get a Wrestlemania match on a card reportedly maybe stocked with part time wrestlers.

EDIT: I'm legit curious: what started this long, slow burn strobogo-Aiii feud?

Harper/Ziggler again? Why are all these same matches happening?

Also Dolph Ziggler's good guy promos are terribad. He sounds like he's at an AA meeting.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hey, I thought it was a load of bull too, but the idea that some actually believes that Vince is smart enough to use the dirt sheets was just hilarious.
Vince is the leak, MetsFan, Dolphin, CrankyVince all him.
Ziggler is good but he doesn't put on performances like Bryan did where you were left wondering how the fuck is he not in the main event.
Dolph's problem is he's too busy making guys look good.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Dolph is a hard guy to pin down. One could reasonably say there's nothing special to him, but at the same time WWE never quite gives him enough time to prove himself. He never quite gets those 30 minute matches that prove he's more than a spot monkey, nor more than 5 minutes on the mic to get over with the crowd. So I don't blame people for not being high on him if he does actually deserve it.

hitme

Meltzerz reporting that it's possible that dissatisfaction with management is at an all time high and word around the locker room is one or two indie favorites are looking to shoot their way to an unscripted Royal Rumble win. Things could change, but the belief is that being bold like this is the only way to get a Wrestlemania match on a card reportedly maybe stocked with part time wrestlers.

A shoot Rumble would be amazing.

One/two indie favorites eh? Bryan/Rollins/Ambrose/Cesaro/Harper is all I can think of on the main roster.

DMczaf

30 Man Shoot Rumble would be boring as fuck. Everyone would just go under the bottom rope and run out of the arena

Match never ends.

Gonzalez

Banned
So guess which RAW match hasn't made it to WWE's YouTube page yet? Makes me wonder how they'll edit that segment to protect Roman.

Dolph is a hard guy to pin down. One could reasonably say there's nothing special to him, but at the same time WWE never quite gives him enough time to prove himself. He never quites get's those 30 minute matches that prove he's more than a spot monkey, nor more than 5 minutes on the mic to get over with the crowd. So I don't blame people for not being high on him if he does actually deserve it.

The guys on OSW review put it best. Dolph is great, but you always feel as though he's rushing to the finish, blowing through spots like crazy. There's no time to let it sink in. I'd also add that he sells TOO well. It makes him look super weak, which can work for him in the right moments, gets over how strong his opponent is and makes his wins look even better. But when you sell everything like you stepped on a god damn land mine, it loses it's luster.

Who IS Dolph Ziggler? What's his character? His motive? His goals? He shows off, that's it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AVATAR LETHAL LOTTERY POWER RANKINGS:

1. Browny -
2pdqYZm.jpg
- Beautiful. Anyone would be proud.
2. Avengers23 -
7tXxTSf.jpg
- Another good one. No shame in hyperviolence.
3. Khrysler Jericho -
94QpENc.png
- Nothing wrong with Swaggles.
4. CureVylash -
1oKX1yh.png
- Now we're cooking with gas.
5. Sibersk Esto -
dFtkNma.jpg
- This is...actually a pretty decent avatar. Only slightly out of date, would have killed it two years ago.
6. Skikkiks -
YvgLpNw.png
- Is that...The Enigma Willow?!?
7. jmdajr -
fSOaTB0.jpg
- I bolieve in this one, friends.
8. Terrabyte20xx -
x5pY3eH.jpg
- Attitude era at its finest.
9. Serpentine -
gEpC1Ih.jpg
- Enough of that shit, Mongo's dog!
10. jred2k -
W7OyApo.jpg
- I love it, Maggle.
11. Vince McMahon -
sEvI4LA.png
- Seasonal.
12. Perspicacity -
F2KEYVF.jpg
- Nothing special here.
13. HarryDemeanor -
RucU5li.jpg
- See above.
14. gaiadyne -
Ov2YNIq.png
- Is that Juvi? The Juice is loose!
15. FallingEdge -
A88P5eL.png
- Classic...is another word for rehash. Kind of meta in a way though.
16. Spider From Mars -
Offz4jw.jpg
- The GOAT and clear top seed. The fix was in.
17. Harlequin Panic -
QQiUg9W.jpg
- Vanilla Midget.
18. Dr Duncan Steel -
aq43tpE.png
- Number two. A great one.
19. Frecklestein -
lQSPUcs.png
- JEEEZSUS.
20. Frackh -
yvSvKjm.png
- No shame here.
21. Hasney -
IMXjwSK.jpg
- No clue who this is or why I should care.
22. Mr. Luchador -
jcIWyl2.png
- Meh.
23. Bootaaay -
gV2e7sF.jpg
- Great avatar, too good for this contest.
24. TL21xx -
2sdFSh0.jpg
- Fun and Playful.
25. Matthew Gallant -
KpEljJ0.jpg
- Should have been Marchie Archie.
26. Aiii -
mUAyyT2.png
- Pretty good avatar.
27. Lovely Ladies -
3XtyMde.png
- There's no bull in this avatar. Where's my title shot?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
The guys on OSW review put it best. Dolph is great, but you always feel as though he's rushing to the finish, blowing through spots like crazy. There's no time to let it sink in. I'd also add that he sells TOO well. It makes him look super weak, which can work for him in the right moments, gets over how strong his opponent is and makes his wins look even better. But when you sell everything like you stepped on a god damn land mine, it loses it's luster.

Who IS Dolph Ziggler? What's his character? His motive? His goals? He shows off, that's it.

I would still blame that on time constraints. If you had a really good match in your head, but got time cut off, (Something that not only happens very often to mid-card talent, but IC champ matches are infamously the first ones hit.) wouldn't that make you feel like you had to rush though spots? Also, I remember that Meltzer(Dave, the real one) a few months ago brought up that there was a directive to be really fast, something that Dolph probably took to heart.

TL21xx

Banned
I wish the guy who won my Perry Saturn avatar in the Lethal Lottery would post more. I really like Perry.

I've been busy and without a landline/wi-fi for the past few days, know your place and get my bags kid.

Truth be told, I really do need to post more, there's just so little going on with the product that I'm remotely interested in posting about right now =/

AVATAR LETHAL LOTTERY POWER RANKINGS:
2. Avengers23 -
7tXxTSf.jpg
- Another good one. No shame in hyperviolence.
Also, this was my contribution. It doesn't get much more hyperviolent than lethal, after all!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Santa Nash is coming soon. Remember to get your fingerless Big Daddy Cool gloves from the WWF catalog boys and girls or else Diesel power will skip your chimney.

Alucard

Banned
So, I just realized that ROH's VOD section is actually pretty robust. They have just about every full show from 2013 available to be watched for Ringside Members..and a bunch of stuff from 2012 and earlier years as well. Hrm.

Just watched a match I was at in 2013: Eddie Edwards vs. Taiji Ishimori at Border Wars. So much fun.

Rapstah

Apparently the dark match after Raw was that there was no dark match, and instead Ambrose drove Wyatt through a table for the 25th time in two weeks? Am I reading this correctly?

Top Bottom